Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

D

Deleted member 2719

Not everything is about Brexit.

He is doing exactly what the LOTO is supposed to do - holding the government to account. A government whose handling of this pandemic has contributed to "Team Britain" having one of the highest death totals on the planet.

Were Labour in power and the Tories in opposition in these circumstances, you'd be foaming at the mouth for the LOTO to be attacking the PM at every opportunity.

You can not compare, if you really want to make into a league table, there are far to many variables from country to country, why is it people can't see that?
Maybe it's just old politics ?
The left blame the government, there are many people involved in all that is being done to save lives in this country.
There will be mistakes from many quarters that is for sure, but some want to continue to point the finger at a few.

Keep up at the back.

Keir Starmer has rejected calls for the Brexit transition period to be extended, saying he would rather “the negotiations were completed as quickly as possible”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...r-starmer-boris-johnson-deal-eu-a9508136.html

Ps I agree with him. Give this government enough rope so they can take all the blame.

Err yeah I know that but I am at the front, as I don't read papers like that.

Starmer is happy for Brexit to go ahead on the original timeline as he is sharpening his knife for Boris.
Barristers are generally arses that love a good argument to make their penises seem bigger.

Golly! You really are very stupid, aren’t you.

Gosh, you are so one dimensional.

As parody accounts go, this one isn't very good.

I am glad you felt the need to tell me that, I will try harder.

Jan 30, 2008
3 months ago, I'd say that was bang on the money. I'm not so sure now. I think the public will forgive the inept start to the pandemic - even with the benefit of Italy being 2 weeks ahead of Corona - but I don't think they will if the economy recovery is put ahead of lives in the next few weeks and this backfires. Boris is in the middle of his most important political period and I think he is getting it wrong albeit I'll happily admit I'm wrong (for the record I voted for neither Corbyn or Boris but if i had to vote for either last time round it would have been Boris even though I am on the left side of centre)

Brexit will be forgotten at the next General election. Its almost forgotten now. Funny how things can move so quickly.

really , check out the the Brexit thread, some people still think we're in the EU :lolol:
regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You can not compare, if you really want to make into a league table, there are far to many variables from country to country, why is it people can't see that?
Maybe it's just old politics ?
The left blame the government, there are many people involved in all that is being done to save lives in this country.
There will be mistakes from many quarters that is for sure, but some want to continue to point the finger at a few.

Err yeah I know that but I am at the front, as I don't read papers like that.

Starmer is happy for Brexit to go ahead on the original timeline as he is sharpening his knife for Boris.
Barristers are generally arses that love a good argument to make their penises seem bigger.

Gosh, you are so one dimensional.

I am glad you felt the need to tell me that, I will try harder.

You’re a shambles :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
So, when you come across a post that you disagree with, but are obviously incapable of arguing with, because it's accurate and well researched, you then try to belittle the poster.

Is it really satisfying ?

I was asking about how he was able to quote hansard from January. In fact the quote at no time answered my question as all it did was show various questions from MPS. I didn't see anything where anyone said what should be done that was relevant to what was beingoing criticised but frankly couldn’t be bothered to argue with someone so pedantican. He would not doubt find dozens of links to all sorts of articles as has been done already on this thread.

Why are you doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was asking about how he was able to quote hansard from January. In fact the quote at no time answered my question as all it did was show various questions from MPS. I didn't see anything where anyone said what should be done that was relevant to what was beingoing criticised but frankly couldn’t be bothered to argue with someone so pedantican. He would not doubt find dozens of links to all sorts of articles as has been done already on this thread.

Why are you doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing?

I googled Parliament which brought Hansard.
I’m not a he.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Tell the PM that.

As was pointed out at PMQs, his government literally showed that comparison every day at the daily briefings for seven weeks until it mysteriously disappeared as soon as we had the highest death toll in Europe.

D

Deleted member 2719

Tell the PM that.

As was pointed out at PMQs, his government literally showed that comparison every day at the daily briefings for seven weeks until it mysteriously disappeared as soon as we had the highest death toll in Europe.

I think you will find that they actually showed it even when our figures were growing and looking to pass some countries, your theory would have some traction if they had pulled it in early April and they hadn't put on the Other settings on the map.

Do you actually believe all the other countries figures?

Do they all count the COVID deaths the same?

Like I said if you really insist on having a death league table then wait for another 12 months and you can calculate it from overall deaths, as this will be the only way you can define who is top of the league.
Why quite frankly you would like to know this is beyond me and even then there will be many variables involved as I have said before.

It's when it's being made as a political statement all the time it's just very sad that part of the country revels in such a way.

D

Deleted member 2719

Please find a common sense guide for those that were struggling.

Attachments

• Idiots Guide_LI (2).jpg
    Idiots Guide_LI (2).jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 127

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Like I said if you really insist on having a death league table

The Prime Minister and the government insisted on it, week after week after week, until it became an issue for them when we were, as you put it, "top of the league".

It's when it's being made as a political statement all the time it's just very sad that part of the country revels in such a way.

Simple yes or no question, no whataboutery - did you find it equally sad when the Prime Minister and the government used it as a political statement to show how well they thought they were doing?

Yes or no.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Do you think The Conservatives would have been a 'silent partner' to a preciding Labour government in these unprecedented times of pandemic? Could you imagine Raab, Johnson, JRM, Patel etc al keeping quiet and backing the government to the hilt on EVERY issue connected to Covid 19. Would they not be questioning decisions made by Labour (or any other ruling party) on matters they thought the government had failed in? There will be a time and place for all this to be debated further and that time will be after all this has died down, we all hope that is sooner rather than later but in the meantime it is only correct Labour are holding the government to account NOW. It's what is best for the country and not solely for political gain, but to improve performance from goverment ministers. We are all in this together but to rough ride over criticism from opposition is only papering over the cracks.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think you will find that they actually showed it even when our figures were growing and looking to pass some countries, your theory would have some traction if they had pulled it in early April and they hadn't put on the Other settings on the map.

Do you actually believe all the other countries figures?

Do they all count the COVID deaths the same?

Like I said if you really insist on having a death league table then wait for another 12 months and you can calculate it from overall deaths, as this will be the only way you can define who is top of the league.
Why quite frankly you would like to know this is beyond me and even then there will be many variables involved as I have said before.

Have you ever been on Fighting Talk on radio 5 as there is a round on that quiz that is right up your street!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here