Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So let me understand this.

He put up with it, and let his party get away with it, despite his wife being Jewish solely because he wasn't the leader?

High morals indeed.

Do you understand the concept of having the authority to deal with it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think the term ' hole' & ' bigger' spring to mind.

Yes, Johnson should have apologised. Sending a letter and doubling down on the lie must be music to Starmer's ears.

(As legal commentator David Allen Green said of the exchange: "When asked by a lawyer why you said a specific thing in a specific document on a specific date, do not pretend you did not. That the question contains the specifics gives away that you did")

Yet instead of admitting his mistake, he sends a letter denying the evidence.

As Danny the drug dealer would say "Very, very foolish words, man"

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Indeed I do, thanks.

He still maintained his belief in such a party.

Wife or politics?

Bodes well.

I doubt if you, I or anyone else knows what Keir Starmer was doing behind the scenes to investigate anti semitic accusations.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If Rory Stewart were PM now, I can’t help thinking things would have turned out better.

He would have taken Covid19 seriously from the outset and had far more idea of what measures to put in place across the board. Nor would we have the ridiculous situation of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland following a different line.,

Completely agree. A savvy fella like Stewart, would have realised that the Coronavirus can't be beaten with British optimism alone and dragged us into lockdown as soon as he realised that other countries were being hammered and there was no chance of it not happening here.

This would have saved 10's of thousands of lives. We could be in a situation like Germany ... or better, we're an Island, we have natural advantages

He's also have swallowed any pride and europhobia to do whatever it took to get the PPE we needed.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Such matters are judged by results, and transparency.

And by sorts The Labour Party and Jeremy Corbyn were judged by results by the British electorate. Time will indeed tell if Starmer can convince the electorate his party under his stewardship has rid Labour of anti semitic accusations. I will say again, you don't know what keir Starmer did in the background in these accusations and probably never will. We may see a more transparent result now by him being leader of the party. Let's all hope so eh?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We may see a more transparent result now by him being leader of the party. Let's all hope so eh?

I think we would all agree on that. I'm not against the guy, but the new Messiah he ain't. His job at the moment is shooting fish in a barrel, any balls up (and there will be many) and he's on it. That's his role.

Proof is when he has to come up with realistic, credible, affordable and practical solutions for the future. Then he might be judged properly.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I think we would all agree on that. I'm not against the guy, but the new Messiah he ain't. His job at the moment is shooting fish in a barrel, any balls up (and there will be many) and he's on it. That's his job.

Proof is when he has to come up with realistic, credible, affordable and practical solutions for the future. Then he might be judged properly.

I am in agreement he is not the messiah but it can only be good for British politics if we have a good sensible opposition, questioning the government's decisions and policies even in times of unprecedented scenario's as the pandemic. It's what drives the right decision making and although may seem political to some seems like common sense and imperative to broad minded citizens.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Oh, we're back with the manufactured "controversy" about anti-semitism in the Labour party. I thought everyone understood it was the anti-Corbyn media whipping it up and making a story of not much. Are there anti-semitic people in the party? It's a big party, there probably are. Same with Conservatives and all the rest. You hear about whatever "story" suits the narrative of the mechanism delivering it to you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"I would remind you of the commitment you made when you became leader of the opposition, to work constructively with the Government in the face of this unprecedented pandemic. The public expects us to work together"

Translation: "Please, please would you desist from asking me awkward questions in the Commons. You know full well I am not a details man, I am thoroughly unprepared, and you are making me look bad in front of a lot of people".

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Oh, we're back with the manufactured "controversy" about anti-semitism in the Labour party. I thought everyone understood it was the anti-Corbyn media whipping it up and making a story of not much. Are there anti-semitic people in the party? It's a big party, there probably are. Same with Conservatives and all the rest. You hear about whatever "story" suits the narrative of the mechanism delivering it to you.
Totally agree with you but I have a feeling someone of Keir Starmer's intellect will deal with the party's problem (or no problem) in a more pragmatic and sensible way which the right wing media will have to digest and spit out accordingly.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Totally agree with you but I have a feeling someone of Keir Starmer's intellect will deal with the party's problem (or no problem) in a more pragmatic and sensible way which the right wing media will have to digest and spit out accordingly.

I hope so, because the media cost the Labour party massively in the last election with their purposely negative and misleading coverage. I'm not going to suggest Corbyn would have better handled the crisis and I'm not arguing he would have been a better Prime Minister (although that is my belief) - it's always easier to be leaving the hard decisions to someone else. I hope that the media covers Sir Keir in a more positive manner, because ultimately that's what changes opinions. It's hard to picture the Sun readers voting for a man their newspaper has worked very hard to smear with obviously biased coverage of non-events and forcing them to talk about anything other than the important issues at hand.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
And by sorts The Labour Party and Jeremy Corbyn were judged by results by the British electorate. Time will indeed tell if Starmer can convince the electorate his party under his stewardship has rid Labour of anti semitic accusations. I will say again, you don't know what keir Starmer did in the background in these accusations and probably never will. We may see a more transparent result now by him being leader of the party. Let's all hope so eh?

I have to say this regurgitated stuff about anti Semitism probably has little sway with the average voting man in the street...

Most people just want to know how the parties policies will affect them, not if someone got into bed with Hamas, the IRA or the Ku Klux Klan for that matter - they want to know how it is going to hit them in the pocket and a few other soundbite policies!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here