Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agreed with your first para, but Rory is still a bit weird.

Yes, a Tory who says he " Cares " and wants to listen to ordinary people and their concerns,( rather than the millionaires and ex-pat Russians who bankroll the Tories ) no wonder other Tories think he's weird !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They knew that hospitals were being cleared of ill patients to make space for Covid patients. They knew that patients were being put into care and nursing homes without testing thereby introducing Covid19 into those homes where the staff and residents had no protection.

They haven't included those dead in their official figures.

They built Nightingale hospitals which weren't used because they didn't have the staff for them. What a waste of time.

No, they aren't doing their best.

But they are doing their best..... that’s the crazy thing.
This is the best that this bunch can do.
FFS what a pitiful benchmark we’ve set for ourselves.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think there's a consensus on NSC that Starmer has Boris in his pocket, but Boris seems to have a lot of goodwill from half the country despite everything. To these people not being Theresa May is a plus, sympathy for him almost dying is another plus and delivering Brexit is the third and biggest plus.

If you look at the recently published Sunday Times YouGov survey conducted 30 Apr - 01 May there are some bizarre statistics:

Q1: Thinking back, how well of badly do you think the Government had prepared for the possibility of a pandemic?
A1: Very Well 2% Fairly Well 20% Fairly Badly 38% Very Badly 29% Don't Know 11%

Q2: How well or badly do you think the Government is handling the coronavirus outbreak?
A2: Very Well 14%, Fairly Well 47% Fairly Badly 21% Very Badly 12% Don't Know 5%.

Q3: Who would you trust more to lead Britain through the coronavirus outbreak?
A3: Boris Johnson 48%, Keir Starmer 19%, Neither 13%, Don't Know 20%.

So the message is: Our preparation for coronavirus was shit but we're getting through, and who the f*ck is Keir Starmer?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think there's a consensus on NSC that Starmer has Boris in his pocket, but Boris seems to have a lot of goodwill from half the country despite everything. To these people not being Theresa May is a plus, sympathy for him almost dying is another plus and delivering Brexit is the third and biggest plus.

If you look at the recently published Sunday Times YouGov survey conducted 30 Apr - 01 May there are some bizarre statistics:

Q1: Thinking back, how well of badly do you think the Government had prepared for the possibility of a pandemic?

Q2: How well or badly do you think the Government is handling the coronavirus outbreak?
A2: Very Well 14%, Fairly Well 47% Fairly Badly 21% Very Badly 12% Don't Know 5%.

So the message is: Our preparation for coronavirus was shit but we're getting through, and who the f*ck is Keir Starmer?

Still early days though isn't it..........Starmer has only had a couple of goes at Boris in PMQs, and whilst direct he's actually being far more gentle than he could be (I think he recognises the mood of the nation at the moment and isn't adopting full-on 'barrister attack mode' yet as now is not the time - unlike Piers Moron and others). If/when we start to properly emerge from this and the inquests and recriminations properly start, he'll rip BJ to shreds - he'll have plenty of ammo (regardless of whether you think things have been handled well or not, there are enough mistakes to pick on) - he's too clever for him.

BJ's party will then turn on him, he'll get ousted and someone like Sunak (who I suspect is far more capable of responding to Starmer-types) will take over. The next GE will still be largely about the state of the economy at the time though - if we're in some kind of steady recovery, would still bet on the Tories staying in.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If Starmer was in government he would be taking advice from same Science and medical experts. Maybe it those people that should be criticised

The government are hiding behind the scientists. The scientists will model scenarios each of those models has a margin of error. It is the politicians that decide how to ‘interpret’ that advice. It is also notable that there is a wide range of opinions in the scientific community, it appears that we are over reliant on a subsection.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think you are totally under estimating the Brexit factor. Over 50% of the population are very grateful to Boris and the Tories for finally doing what they voted for. That credit will last a long long time yet, regardless of your view of how this has been handled.

When it comes down to it, by the time of the next election, which is 4 years away, people will vote on who is best to drive the economy. I very much doubt they will vote for Labour to do that.

How do you know 50% of the population are grateful to Johnson and his cohorts? 50% of the electorate didn't vote for Brexit so you can't suggest that 50% of the population are in favour!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Over 50% grateful for doing what exactly

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

For delivering Brexit. Remainers will always under estimate what that meant for those that voted for it, and I believe that Brexit vote will hold very strong for Boris. It was totally under estimated at the last election and will be again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Yep. Exactly.

D

Deleted member 2719

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200513-173703_2.png
    Screenshot_20200513-173703_2.png
    410.8 KB · Views: 123

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

That's because a huge percentage of the population don't even bother to engage in thinking about politics, they just defer to " Tories = Good " " Labour = Left wing lunatics who want to give my house and cash away to a transgender Lebanese immigrant "....

It's laughable but the huge industry of media propaganda that has been deployed for the last 12 years has succeeded absolutely.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Strange letter ? My rudimentary English CSE ( Grade 4 ) taught me that the person that you are addressing a letter to is named at the top and that you sign your name ( the sender ) at the bottom ? It seems like Mr Johnson has sent himself a letter but put his own signature above the name of the sender, Sir Keir Starmer ?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Thought Starmer was superb today and his style works a treat in a commons without the theatre. Boris, the clown without the circus.

If Starmer carries on like this, someone should give him a knighthood.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thought Starmer was superb today and his style works a treat in a commons without the theatre. Boris, the clown without the circus.

If Starmer carries on like this, someone should give him a knighthood.

Wait until he tries to promise free w-fi for everyone and corporation tax hikes whilst getting rid of the antisemitism. See how he holds up then.

Then we'll see if he's the real deal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

:ffsparr:

You couldn't make it up. It's like Monty Python.

Johnson denied that the statement he made about care homes was in place on February 25th and then provides the official statement to prove it was !

The fact that it was 'intended for the current position' is irrelevant. That current position remained until March 12th.

What exactly is your point ? -apart from fawning devotion to Johnson.

Remember, Johnson is an entertainments officer, Starmer is defence lawyer. These parliament question times are an utter miss-match.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wait until he tries to promise free w-fi for everyone and corporation tax hikes whilst getting rid of the antisemitism. See how he holds up then.

Then we'll see if he's the real deal.

Lady Starmer is Jewish so he should be able to handle the anti Semitic members.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
:ffsparr:

You couldn't make it up. It's like Monty Python.

Johnson denied that the statement he made about care homes was in place on February 25th and then provides the official statement to prove it was !

The fact that it was 'intended for the current position' is irrelevant. That current position remained until March 12th.

What exactly is your point ? -apart from fawning devotion to Johnson.

I think the term ' hole' & ' bigger' spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here