Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
We are warned of a pandemic at regular intervals indeed. What would you be saying if we`d bought up all the PPE available and it was now out of date !!
It is your opinion that Starmer and co would have made a better job. What basis do you have for that opinion ? He certainly fills me with more confidence than Corbyn.
My opinion is, mistakes have been made and it is very unlikely that Starmer and co would have done much different.
The medical evidence/experts would have presumably been giving same advice.

rolling stock;

it's impossible to concieve of an adult of average intelligence and concentration span making such a ricketts of it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Got to say you must be one of the very few if you heeded WHO warning as early as 31st Jan. It was not till early March that I was aware of it as a serious threat. On the 7th my son got back from Peru via Madrid and we were a little concerned as it seemed to be starting in Spain after Italy.
As you say Corbyn has gone and Starmer has yet has to prove his capabilities but you know him better than me.

I am not paid to listen to the WHO but the government is. Warnings were given as soon as the middle of February when doctors in Brighton went into isolation.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/182...doctors-coronavirus-isolation-says-clinician/

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I am not paid to listen to the WHO but the government is. Warnings were given as soon as the middle of February when doctors in Brighton went into isolation.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/182...doctors-coronavirus-isolation-says-clinician/

Exactly this. I get very annoyed when people say "well you didn't say anything before March". It's not our job - it's the government who are elected to deal with this and prepare for future eventualities. Would a Corbyn or Starmer government have done better? Absolutely no idea but it's hard to believe they could have done much worse. I've no doubt they are doing their best but that isn't much consolation.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Exactly this. I get very annoyed when people say "well you didn't say anything before March". It's not our job - it's the government who are elected to deal with this and prepare for future eventualities. Would a Corbyn or Starmer government have done better? Absolutely no idea but it's hard to believe they could have done much worse. I've no doubt they are doing their best but that isn't much consolation.

Something we agree on.

" Would a Corbyn or Starmer government have done better? Absolutely no idea but it's hard to believe they could have done much worse. I've no doubt they are doing their best but that isn't much consolation".

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Got to say you must be one of the very few if you heeded WHO warning as early as 31st Jan. It was not till early March that I was aware of it as a serious threat. On the 7th my son got back from Peru via Madrid and we were a little concerned as it seemed to be starting in Spain after Italy.
As you say Corbyn has gone and Starmer has yet has to prove his capabilities but you know him better than me.

is your top priority national security? like, ooh, i don't know, the government, say?

Never read so much rubbish on NSC. This is an unprecedented situation that nobody has had to deal with before and hopefully never again. Whatever government was in power would on reflection done somethings different. Even as a labour voter would prefer to see politicians try to help situation rather then score points. Those in still secure jobs think lock down should be still enforced and those whose job is in danger want it to be eased. Same with football so many think it should return and just as many think it is mad. My nephew for example will be fuming if football restarts as he has cancelled wedding. I repeat no win situation and will be criticised whatever they do.

" Never read so much rubbish on NSC " - I assume you are including your own inane ramblings in this statement.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I commuted to London to give a lecture on March 10, and I do medical research! It was only when my modelling mate told me he'd already decamped with some top of the range hardware I realised something was up. I was still looking forward to the Wolves game.....

I think its important to recognise how easily hope triumphs expectation. However it is the government's job to lead on these things, not just follow the public mood. I think a few people (perhaps me included to a degree) found it too seductive to not be taken in by Boris telling us how great Britain is and how great everything will be on the sunny uplands. So many people seem to have behaved like bit like the cat on Red Dwarf, dreaming of a new life on Fuchal, with Boris as Cloister.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
is your top priority national security? like, ooh, i don't know, the government, say? read it again toots !

Sorry you`ve flummoxed me there.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think you are totally under estimating the Brexit factor. Over 50% of the population are very grateful to Boris and the Tories for finally doing what they voted for. That credit will last a long long time yet, regardless of your view of how this has been handled.

When it comes down to it, by the time of the next election, which is 4 years away, people will vote on who is best to drive the economy. I very much doubt they will vote for Labour to do that.
Over 50% grateful for doing what exactly

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9345859 said:
No doubt with a bunch of fat Tories picking up the ever mounting interest through various underhand methods

This is terribly unfair. Rishi Sunak isn't a fat Tory. He's thin.

The rest of your post is reasonable though: Sunak was part of a small team of hedge fund bosses who shared nearly £100m after an audacious stock market bet that lit the touchpaper on the 2008 financial crisis. It's good to know who your friends are in these times of national pain.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-in-on-fund-that-helped-break-banks-rb7zgfqkz

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Boris Johnson lied during the Brexit campaign and was called out for it. He's been sacked for lying as a journalist and again as a government minister. He's been a liar to numerous women who he's had children with.

He's been caught lying by many journalists in loads of different interviews. He lied to The Queen about prorogation of parliament.

He's now been caught barefaced lying to The House as the Prime Minister, at PMQs.

And yet, the usual suspects on here still back him to the hilt.

It's as if you could watch him take a shit in your cup of tea, say "Well, no that obviously wasn't me" and you'd not only believe him but also drink the tea. "Cheers Boris!".

Pathetic really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here