A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wait, why is it on now?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Another day, another lie though by Johnson. Rayner asked Johnson about an interview in October in which he said " People's fears over inflation were unfounded ".... Today in parliament Johnson denied having said that ... The clip is doing the rounds and is on Peter Stefanovic's twitter feed confirming that he had.

An old boy I worked with years ago said to me " Don't ever make a habit of lying as it always catches up with you. You can always remember the truth, but you can never remember the lies you tell. "! Certainly true with Johnson.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If only it were just the one...

[tweet]1478776431073234947[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Here's the one about inflation

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1445364929905758212

Its here to stay and its being supercharged by the self imposed trade sanctions from the Tories
Lots of boasts from Johnson about more jobs, higher wages and a booming economy today, the only problem is spiraling inflation, the expected doubling of fuel costs and the coming Tax increases have already wiped out any benefits.... I loved the jibe about Brexit... A really desperate plea to try to keep the loony Brexiteers on his side.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Another day, another lie though by Johnson. Rayner asked Johnson about an interview in October in which he said " People's fears over inflation were unfounded ".... Today in parliament Johnson denied having said that ... The clip is doing the rounds and is on Peter Stefanovic's twitter feed confirming that he had.

An old boy I worked with years ago said to me " Don't ever make a habit of lying as it always catches up with you. You can always remember the truth, but you can never remember the lies you tell. "! Certainly true with Johnson.

[tweet]1478758169862094858[/tweet]

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Of course it is totally the right thing to do to call out the lies that Johnson continues to tell at PMQs. His behaviour is an affront to Parliament. But to expect him to stop it is naive. The guy is a serial liar and this has not prevented him from rising to the highest position in the land. Indeed, as Brexit showed, it's actually helped him get there.
We have moved into a kind of post-truth world where the likes of Johnson and Trump can flourish. It is profoundly depressing and a stain on the political party that enables it and the supporters (and dare I say voters) that support it. End of rant.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Of course it is totally the right thing to do to call out the lies that Johnson continues to tell at PMQs. His behaviour is an affront to Parliament. But to expect him to stop it is naive. The guy is a serial liar and this has not prevented him from rising to the highest position in the land. Indeed, as Brexit showed, it's actually helped him get there.
We have moved into a kind of post-truth world where the likes of Johnson and Trump can flourish. It is profoundly depressing and a stain on the political party that enables it and the supporters (and dare I say voters) that support it. End of rant.

Calling out Johnston's lies and providing clear, unequivocal evidence to convince the hard of understanding is a full time but essential job. As a country we need to restore integrity and honesty to government. Johnston has infected all his appointees and it will ultimately require a complete clear out.....

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Calling out Johnston's lies and providing clear, unequivocal evidence to convince the hard of understanding is a full time but essential job. As a country we need to restore integrity and honesty to government. Johnston has infected all his appointees and it will ultimately require a complete clear out.....

If you get the chance watch Don't Look Up on Netflix. It's a withering satire on what happens when truth loses its traction. It's set in the USA and takes the whole madness of Trumpian-type inspired false consciousness and media disinformation to a very scary place. It's utterly brilliant and very, very funny in a terrifying sort of way - although it has divided critical opinion.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
If you get the chance watch Don't Look Up on Netflix. It's a withering satire on what happens when truth loses its traction. It's set in the USA and takes the whole madness of Trumpian-type inspired false consciousness and media disinformation to a very scary place. It's utterly brilliant and very, very funny in a terrifying sort of way - although it has divided critical opinion.

I have seen it thanks and I agree with your views on it. We have too many 'Don't look Uppers' in the country.... we even have some infamous ones on this site!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Should be a corker today, Johnson is fighting for his political life against a sea of facts and truth. I expect him to try to go on the offensive to try to get his MP'S back on side so it will be great session for " Bullshit Bingo "......

Expect him to try to spout " His " record of achievements out faster than they scan your shopping down at Lidl......." 40,000 new hospitals, 50.000 new police.. More people working in poverty than ever before...several affordable houses built and a successful Brexit, best vaccine rollout in Universe..... Etc "

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Should be a corker today, Johnson is fighting for his political life against a sea of facts and truth. I expect him to try to go on the offensive to try to get his MP'S back on side so it will be great session for " Bullshit Bingo "......

Expect him to try to spout " His " record of achievements out faster than they scan your shopping down at Lidl......." 40,000 new hospitals, 50.000 new police.. More people working in poverty than ever before...several affordable houses built and a successful Brexit, best vaccine rollout in Universe..... Etc "

Ange has been great the past few days, hope they wheel her back out.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Only people who have a simplistic understanding of politics believe that Angela Rayner's over-riding response is emotional rather than forensic; but that's how the gullible are gathered in, not by logic and argument, but exclusively by cant and unsupported appeal to emotions...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

My guess is it will be depressingly predictable as usual. The questions will be obvious such as why is there an ongoing investigation to decide whether you attended a party in your own house, with a reply along the lines of "we are getting on with the job / Vaccine booster rollout"

:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here