Plymouth to be deducted 10 points

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For want of looking stupid, why have they been deducted the points already ? All they've done is posted a Notice of Intent - they haven't yet gone into administration and a Notice of Intent doesn't necessarily mean they will.

Notice of Intent means an instant points deduction under football league rules , HMRC are going to be owed £300k+ very shortly and the Notice of Intent stops HMRC being able to issue a winding up petition before the club can either find a new owner or goes into administration within the next 10 days.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
And they don't? Still think we'll win though.

but if they reflect on where they are, they need 28 points from 15 games to get to 51 points and there is only 1 team with that kind of form; they've sold their best players so I guess it is "F*ck it I haven't been paid and we are going down anyway so why bother, risk getting injured and start again next season." ...hopefully.
I like the Argyle so hope something works out for them

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I rather hope they get a decent reception tomorrow night, and don't have to listen to any tossers singing "one Peter Ridsdale" or whatever.

Size-wise they're not so different to us: there but for the grace of God (well, Tony Bloom) go we.

Still want three points obviously, but let's be generous off the pitch at least.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really sad to see Argle head for admin. Sure they'll survive but tough days ahead before then. Michael foot will be turning in his grave.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really sad to see Argle head for admin. Sure they'll survive but tough days ahead before then. Michael foot will be turning in his grave.

Tough days ahead, particularly if they end up facing a trip to Broadfield next season :ohmy:. I tell you what, if we're away the day that (possible) fixture goes ahead, I might fancy an afternoon out in Crawley. In the Plymouth end, natch.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bad decision after bad decision by a dodgy board. We've seen it all before, and we're seeing it all too often at the moment.

Bad times for the club, they've regressed so badly in the last couple of years, and now they're stuck with Ridsdale AND Peter Reid. Christ, you can't help but feel sorry for the fans. Say what you like about the board, it's the fans that matter in these things and they don't deserve half of what they're being put through.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Their fans don't, no. It's not as though they've laughed their way through the glory days while failing to question how they were being funded. They haven't even had any glory days, unless you include a couple of promotions in the lower divisions anyway.

horshamgreens

Feb 21, 2011
I rather hope they get a decent reception tomorrow night, and don't have to listen to any tossers singing "one Peter Ridsdale" or whatever.

Size-wise they're not so different to us: there but for the grace of God (well, Tony Bloom) go we.

Still want three points obviously, but let's be generous off the pitch at least.

Thanks.
Here's the thing - ask most Argyle fans what they think of Ridsdale and the answer will be "There's an agenda, but least he tells it how it is". Meanwhile, his predecessor Paul Stapleton (think Bill Archer, but less fun) is helpfully flying off to Dubai tonight. Oh, and the team bus has broken down on the M5.
I've had better days...

Mike

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Hope they do too - but still go away defeated. But still wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

Ridsdale really shouldn't be allowed - fit and proper person? My a**e! Should get a lifetime ban from football! How many clubs has he been associated with where the s**t has hit the fan?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Their fans don't, no. It's not as though they've laughed their way through the glory days while failing to question how they were being funded. They haven't even had any glory days, unless you include a couple of promotions in the lower divisions anyway.

I feel a lot of respect for Plymouth, I'm not sure why though. I've only ever met a few of their fans, but they've always been friendly and well spoken (even considering the accent!) and I don't think they're overly different from us. Couple of back to back promotions under Paul Sturrock, then he had a second coming which didn't go so well... not dissimilar to our experiences with Micky Adams. I just like the club, and I quite liked Home Park in August, the Pasty stand outside was outstanding! I hate to see a good club being treated so badly. I didn't feel a great deal of sympathy for Leeds, Southampton or Portsmouth because I don't think they come across very well. Plymouth have always come across to me as humble, dignified and genuine.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I feel a lot of respect for Plymouth, I'm not sure why though. I've only ever met a few of their fans, but they've always been friendly and well spoken (even considering the accent!) and I don't think they're overly different from us. Couple of back to back promotions under Paul Sturrock, then he had a second coming which didn't go so well... not dissimilar to our experiences with Micky Adams. I just like the club, and I quite liked Home Park in August, the Pasty stand outside was outstanding! I hate to see a good club being treated so badly. I didn't feel a great deal of sympathy for Leeds, Southampton or Portsmouth because I don't think they come across very well. Plymouth have always come across to me as humble, dignified and genuine.

EXACKERY.

Also have fond memories of winning promotion there in 2001, and their fans were incredibly generous about it on the way out. Think they went up the following year.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Proper club.

Green an White, Green an White, Green an White,
Green an White, Green an White, Green an White, White, White.

We will still take the three points tomorrow though please. And thank-you for Noone.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks.
Here's the thing - ask most Argyle fans what they think of Ridsdale and the answer will be "There's an agenda, but least he tells it how it is". Meanwhile, his predecessor Paul Stapleton (think Bill Archer, but less fun) is helpfully flying off to Dubai tonight. Oh, and the team bus has broken down on the M5.
I've had better days...

Mike

Are you the same horshamgreens off PASOTI?

If so I believe I'm supposed to be catching you, X-Isle and Chill Pilgrim for a pre-match shandy or two :wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not trying to defend that Saints fan, but we did actually clear all our debts.

Yes I know that but I remember all the whining and wailing before your sugar daddy stepped in, seems that some of your fans should.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports