Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth sack OAP

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Taribo West has had his contract terminated by Plymouth. The experienced Nigerian international, who appears to have started playing professional football at the age of 2, has agreed to leave the West Country club by mutual consent. West had been suffering from a dicky bladder and his gammy knee had been playing up ever since he was run all over the show by young Brighton striker Jake Robinson. West was last seen slowly boarding a number 27 bus, taking an absolute age paying the driver in coppers and taking one of the seats at the front.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Considering Plymouth have a 92 year old on their books, it must be quite insulting to be sacked by them for being "too old".

Could he do a job for....nah, forget it.:D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bet that turned out to be a VERY expensive mistake then. Wonder how much that ended up costing them to cancel his contract.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
the no 27 bus goes from Crownhill to the city centre via the dockyard by the way :smokin:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Easy 10 said:
Bet that turned out to be a VERY expensive mistake then. Wonder how much that ended up costing them to cancel his contract.

I should imagine it cost them a few bob. I think that they compared the cost of either A)paying off his contract or B)installing a Stanna stairlift to take him from the dressing rooms to the pitch. I think it was their ex-manager Bobby Williamson who arranged the deal, he tried to sign him for Hibs when he was boss there. The worry from our perspective is that Tony Pulis may replace him with a defender who doesn't run the risk of being overtaken by stationary objects.

Ex Shelton Seagull said:
IThe worry from our perspective is that Tony Pulis may replace him with a defender who doesn't run the risk of being overtaken by stationary objects.

so no chance of Tank re-joining Pullis then:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: (just joshing)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I love this quote from when they first signed him:

"Manager Bobby Williamson said: "I'm delighted Taribo has joined. He turned up in Plymouth at 2am and that shows his commitment.

'A player of Taribo's status shows the fans that we are able to attract top players to Home Park.'"

It's a shame for George Best that Williamson got sacked. And for Stan Mortensen.

E

enigma

I remember seeing him play for Inter back in 97-98 and score against Schalke in the UEFA cup quarter final. How the mighty have fallen.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I have scoured the internet for Mr West's real DOB, but to no avail.

Does anyone know what club he played for before Auxerre in 1996?

Soccerbase tells me nothing.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I remember that when he signed for Plymouth in the close season teir fans were making out that he walked on water. Still, as has been said before, shit floats.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bhaexpress said:
I remember that when he signed for Plymouth in the close season teir fans were making out that he walked on water. Still, as has been said before, shit floats.

Have you seen the Tamar? Rik f***ing Waller could walk across that. No self respecting dog would allow it's corpse to float in the Tamar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here