Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth fan quote of the night

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
"Our 4 4 2 couldn't deal with the excellent Uruguayan style of possession, possession, possession, attack & I must say that it was one of the best away performances I have seen for a long while."

Sweet.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I've just remembered that we SOCCERED Plymouth off the park early in the season at Withdean one year, I think it was the same one we beat Palace at Selhurst in. We ended up bottom that year. Clearly that won't happen this year, but it is still far too early to get carried away, as good as we do look at the moment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've just remembered that we SOCCERED Plymouth off the park early in the season at Withdean one year, I think it was the same one we beat Palace at Selhurst in. We ended up bottom that year. Clearly that won't happen this year, but it is still far too early to get carried away, as good as we do look at the moment.

Yeah, we should have got 6 or seven goals that game, but we didn't. It was also a rare win for us at that point, whereas last nights was just another.

Plymouth were struggling that year and shortly after we beat them, their manager was sacked.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"We were completely taken apart by an excellent side. They made us look very ordinary, and they'll do the same to plenty of other teams as well. We weren't great, but you have to credit Brighton for playing such good football."

'For the first time tonight, I actually felt embarrassed to be an Argyle fan. My non-sports following girlfriend who accompanied me, succinctly pointed out the problem: "Why does the other team pass the ball to each other and look like they're playing football, and why can't your team do that?" '.

How about this from one of their match reports: "the Arsenal of League One should reach the play-offs."

"Our 4 4 2 couldn't deal with the excellent Uruguayan style of possession, possession, possession, attack & I must say that it was one of the best away performances I have seen for a long while."

Marvellous, marvellous scenes.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007

Wasnt that the game Taribo West played in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here