Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth Argyle is saved

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
Morning all,

Just had an email from the administators (P&A) who have advised that a deal has finally been reached regarding the admin fees and the club will now be sold today.

Just wanted to give a message of thanks to everyone (in particular Woodchip) who worked so hard to ensure that the plight of Argyle was more visible through the leafletting of the Liverpool game, the Go-Green event at the Leeds game and all of you who joined us at Argyle Macclesfield and also those who went to the 125 celebration - fans united still undefeated! You're a top bunch and should be immensely proud of yourselves :thumbsup::bowdown:

Very, very proud to be a football fan at the moment.

Cheers,
Dan

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Great news, all football fans should rejoice in this.

Now to address the league position. Anyone got Steve Gritt's phone number?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
fantastic news ****THE FANS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED****

lichfield seagulls

Sep 13, 2008
lichfield~by~the~sea
Morning all,

Just had an email from the administators (P&A) who have advised that a deal has finally been reached regarding the admin fees and the club will now be sold today.

Just wanted to give a message of thanks to everyone (in particular Woodchip) who worked so hard to ensure that the plight of Argyle was more visible through the leafletting of the Liverpool game, the Go-Green event at the Leeds game and all of you who joined us at Argyle Macclesfield and also those who went to the 125 celebration - fans united still undefeated! You're a top bunch and should be immensely proud of yourselves :thumbsup::bowdown:

Cheers,
Dan

Good Stuff and good look for this season and the future of P.A

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yes congrats for this news.

But overall the position of football in the West Country looks bleak atm.

Exeter and Yeovil at the bottom of Div 1, Bristol City struggling in the Championship, and Plymouth..even the other clubs Bristol R and Torquay aren't exactly thriving.

I think the cost of going to games now (petrol etc) is really hurting those clubs out in the provinces that rely on a big catchment area with limited public transport.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Glad to hear it, hopefully the good news will help boost the team and you can climb away from the bottom end of the league.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
No comments about creditors not getting paid what they're owed?

I'm very surprised....

Good news though, one of my best mate's an Argyle fan, we road tripped from Southampton to Sheffield Weds for the first game last season after the administration was announced. Great day out, excellent atmosphere & an impressive PAFC win.

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
A lot of the issues with attendance at Argyle has been part protest against the administrators and part disillusionment with the state of the club. Hopefully once the deal is done a new breath of life will be blown into the club and some old faces will start returning. The city of Plymouth has a fantastic public transport infrastructure and a large fan base - I was one of the 35,000 Argyle fans who attended the playoff final at Wembley in 96 and seeing 3 quarters of the ground as a sea of green was a stunning visual.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Congrats guys well done to everyone hope it brings happy days for you

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A lot of the issues with attendance at Argyle has been part protest against the administrators and part disillusionment with the state of the club. Hopefully once the deal is done a new breath of life will be blown into the club and some old faces will start returning. The city of Plymouth has a fantastic public transport infrastructure and a large fan base - I was one of the 35,000 Argyle fans who attended the playoff final at Wembley in 96 and seeing 3 quarters of the ground as a sea of green was a stunning visual.

Yes I think that Plymouth which is the biggest conurbation in the West Country after Bristol (right?) CAN support a Championship side. Just not sure about the other Devon clubs though.

Hope you can at least avoid the drop this season and climb back from there. But Oxford survived the drop (even if Cambridge haven't).

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Morning all,

Cheers,
Dan

Great news, had a good day down there for your 125th anniversary, hopefully things will start going your way in the league sometime soon :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great news, well done and good luck.

No comments about creditors not getting paid what they're owed?
It doesn't take long for one of you to come and change the mood does it. Plymouth's circumstances have been quite different to yours.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Great news, well done and good luck.

It doesn't take long for one of you to come and change the mood does it. Plymouth's circumstances have been quite different to yours.

As I said, one of my best friends is an Argyle fan & writes their fanzine Rub Of The Greens, to which I also contribute. I think I am aware of the situation. I also believe I said congratulations?

Not putting a downer at all on PAFC, just the hypocrites on here who all of a sudden do not consider going in to administration as cheating.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Marvellous Scenes , congratulations to all involved

GREEN ARMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
:clap: Great news - just heard it from an Argyle fan in my office. He's dead chuffed!

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Congrats, and best wishes for the future

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here