Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plus and minuses from yesterday

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
... and EVERYONE in the North Stand stood throughout the whole game, not just the people towards the back. There were no problems and, as far as I know, no complaints.

Indeed this. And yet Barber still had a bizarre old rant in the programme. What an old woman.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd like to know what Kuszczak did after we scored the third goal, can't help thinking perhaps he had a cheeky celebration in front of the Palace fans, as when I looked across, you could see a few small objects were being lobbed at him. He was also making the linesman and stewards aware of stuff being chucked. Presumably coins, but I did see something white land in the box too.

Er this maybe? :)

[Albion] PIG celebrating goal.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Well i cant think of a single element from yesterday that could possible be taken as a negative!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just spotted there is an entire thread devoted to TK and his fun with the away fans. I missed that, sorry. It's been a long and emotional weekend :lolol:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I'd like to know what Kuszczak did after we scored the third goal, can't help thinking perhaps he had a cheeky celebration in front of the Palace fans, as when I looked across, you could see a few small objects were being lobbed at him. He was also making the linesman and stewards aware of stuff being chucked. Presumably coins, but I did see something white land in the box too.

He really wound up the Palace by cheering at them and putting 3 fingers up and basically whooping with delight . was a great sight to see

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
He really wound up the Palace by cheering at them and putting 3 fingers up and basically whooping with delight . was a great sight to see

What a legend! plan to see that he understands what this fixture means to the fans.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
So, let me get this straight Edna, you looked down at the box and you think you saw something white landing in it....

Was this during the game, or was it part of the post-match horizontal celebrations you may have engaged in..............???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, let me get this straight Edna, you looked down at the box and you think you saw something white landing in it....

Was this during the game, or was it part of the post-match horizontal celebrations you may have engaged in..............???

Something going down in the box, and it's white, I presume you have removed Zaha from your investigations then Edna?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

:ohmy:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Well it certainly wasn't the ball that did get anywhere near him.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Another small highlight was that we were able to reclaim that 60's classic "Glad All Over!" and it was sung heartilly in the Battle.

Always like that song but, as a Palace anthum, have often switched it off whenever it's come on the radio.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Indeed this. And yet Barber still had a bizarre old rant in the programme. What an old woman.

This was my main negative. Rightly or wrongly Barber has a habit of coming across in an incredibly pompous way. He needs to remember he's talking to passionate fans - not customers or employees.

As HT said earlier on this thread this 4 row standing thing has caused problems and Barber needs to accept responsibility for that on behalf of the club rather than taking a holier than approach.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
To be fair to the stewards in the North there was no attempt to make us sit down. They must have been instructed or just knew that it was Palace and therefore it is our right and privilege to sing our hearts out and get behind the team.

Yep. They were conspicuous by their absence. Was a bit bemused by Barber's column in the programme. I'm mostly with him on where he's coming from, but he does seem to want to pick a fight. I thought the tone of his article was completely wrong. The scenes in the North stand at half time at the Huddersfield game should, in my opinion, have invited a little bit of common sense reaction from the club. But instead we got this kind of "you don't understand the whole standing thing bullshit". If it's that important, why exactly did they let us do it against Palace?" yet against Huddersfield we're not allowed to. What annoyed me most was his argument that so many stewards are quitting after each game and that was somehow our fault. If I was a steward and one week I'm told to tell people to sit down and the next week, well leave it, it's a derby, i'd tell them to do one.I think the reason they are quitting has probably as much to do with how they treat them as we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here