Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumper in Eastbourne area?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
P

How old is your electric shower and what make/ model is it?

It's a Triton T100si and it's about 4 years old. I'm getting the feeling that Triton may not be the most reliable and if it's new shower time it might be worth trying Mira which seem quite popular.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
It's a Triton T100si and it's about 4 years old. I'm getting the feeling that Triton may not be the most reliable and if it's new shower time it might be worth trying Mira which seem quite popular.

Used to be that way for sure - Mira have always been the 'Ronseal' of electric showers, but recently Triton and others have upped their game.
I've had two Mira's DOA out of the box, and both required a tortuous 'Official' repairer to come out and fix on site some days after installing it.
Triton tech service and overnight delivery are pretty good; worth a call..

One for other installers here Ref Mira above - I've even had to resort to re-fitting the old one, the swapping it out again just before the repairer walks in the door.. Immense fun..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our shower loses pressure if the toilet is flushed so just have to wait 1 minute after flushing before switching on the shower and hope nobody flushes the toilet. If they do it blows a fuse and then cannot be reset and used for 5 minutes. Bathroom and toilet are seperate case any one wonders.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Can you please explain what ' pretorium pipe work ' is ?
Some good advice here but I have never heard that term before.
Bloody autocorrect. Was spaghetti!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

The filter on the mains water inlet to the shower could be blocked, pretty simple job to check this.
Have you had any recent plumbing carried out on your property, or had a water meter fitted outside your property?
Sometimes debris can get into the shower filter.
Worth checking if you have a decent isolation valve on the water supply to the shower

4 years old doesn't sound long for an electric shower to pack up.
Triton have a standard charge to repair an electric shower, but it's about £100+ It may be worth getting a new shower rather than pay to get your shower repaired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here