Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

plumbing tools

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'll do a little bit myself, changing valves on radiators, installing an outside tap etc.. But anything serious I'll just get a plumber.

But seriously as most the plumbers I use (I've had a bit done recently) use high quality push fit, I've come to the conclusion I'll do a bit more myself in the future like I used to.

I said to a couple I'd really prefer you to solder that and they thought I was mad.

Back to the original question, toolstation for me. I used to be a screwfix man but do my research to ensure I'm not buying crap. Screwfix appear to have gone a bit upmarket as have their prices.

Bought a tool station radiator the other day. One of those low ones for under a tall window. Carried it home and installed it that day.

Wierdest impulse buy I've e er made.
Push fits are one of the worst things to install in London due to fluctuating pressure I know of a 10 million house to be flooded when a high pressure surge burst a push fit. Your right to ask for good old soldered joints.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
come back when you have something funny to say, I know you are trying to have a laugh but this is one of my worst nightmares.

This has happened to me, the one night I finished late and couldn't be bothered to unload the tools, scum of the earth tool robbers I would take great pleasure removing their teeth with a set of pipe grips if I ever got hold of em.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Push fits are one of the worst things to install in London due to fluctuating pressure I know of a 10 million house to be flooded when a high pressure surge burst a push fit. Your right to ask for good old soldered joints.

it wasn't you was it, forgot to put a liner in? :lol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This has happened to me, the one night I finished late and couldn't be bothered to unload the tools, scum of the earth tool robbers I would take great pleasure removing their teeth with a set of pipe grips if I ever got hold of em.

they need both hands chopping off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've terrible experience with plumbers and less so builders.

But also quite brilliant experience with both.

Quite happy to pay over the odds for a proper experienced tradesman.

I've got a couple of brilliant electricians, mates. One English one Lithuanian. Really electrical engineers. The Lithuanian is amazing and around tomorrow. Quite happy to come round in the evening which suits me and an absolute jobs worth when it comes to regs and safety. Saves me money in the long run because he will give me advice if I want to do something myself and I know I'm extending something that it safe.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've terrible experience with plumbers and less so builders.

But also quite brilliant experience with both.

Quite happy to pay over the odds for a proper experienced tradesman.

I've got a couple of brilliant electricians, mates. One English one Lithuanian. Really electrical engineers. The Lithuanian is amazing and around tomorrow. Quite happy to come round in the evening which suits me and an absolute jobs worth when it comes to regs and safety. Saves me money in the long run because he will give me advice if I want to do something myself and I know I'm extending something that it safe.

lots of good trades people out there and loads of pretend ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here