Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plot to kidnap & kill Police Officer in Midlands...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The nation state of the past 2-300 years is fast disappearing, that's what used to bind us. But now there are so many more cultures, regions, races and influences via the web that the fabric that used to bind us on this island is increasingly uncommon. Not really a surprise and will only become greater. Where humanity is going I don't know but we've grown idol and complacent and detached from them that govern preferring to vote on reality TV than at our elections....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wherever did 'MuttsNuts' suggest killing anyone? I imagined he meant (quite rightly IMO) that religion has killed probably millions over centuries. So if there wasn't any religions we'd have less to hate people for.

How would you get rid of religion then? And another thing, atheist dictators have killed millions just in the last century alone.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The nation state of the past 2-300 years is fast disappearing, that's what used to bind us. But now there are so many more cultures, regions, races and influences via the web that the fabric that used to bind us on this island is increasingly uncommon. Not really a surprise and will only become greater. Where humanity is going I don't know but we've grown idol and complacent and detached from them that govern preferring to vote on reality TV than at our elections....

I'm still gutted about Jimmy.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
How would you get rid of religion then? And another thing, atheist dictators have killed millions just in the last century alone.

Woah! I never said get rid of religion? So having misquoted MuttsNuts you are now doing the same to me.
And as you rightly suggest dictators have also killed millions. But unlike you I'm not suggesting you said get rid of them. Though I guess however impractical that is, the World maybe a be better place without either. How though is not my remit.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Woah! I never said get rid of religion? So having misquoted MuttsNuts you are now doing the same to me.
And as you rightly suggest dictators have also killed millions. But unlike you I'm not suggesting you said get rid of them. Though I guess however impractical that is, the World maybe a be better place without either. How though is not my remit.
He never said that you said 'get rid of religion'. He just asked you how you would get rid of religion.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He never said that you said 'get rid of religion'.He just asked you how you would get rid of religion.
FFS ! I don't want to get rid of religion, I neither care about it, follow it or have a much opinion about it. I originally posted to defend MuttsNutts being misquoted (which he was). Yes, IMO the World would be a more peaceful place without it, but everyone has their own opinion and are entitled to that. So answering your completely irrelevant question ..... I don't know how to get rid off it, how would you?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

How did I misquote MuttsNutts? He said -

Getting rid of religion would be a start

I offered a quick and simple way to achieve this. You misquoted me by suggesting that I suggested that MuttsNutts had suggested killing someone.

And how did I misquote you? I simply asked you how you would get rid of religion. And that was after you had agreed with his first post-

Wherever did 'MuttsNuts' suggest killing anyone? I imagined he meant (quite rightly IMO) that religion has killed probably millions over centuries. So if there wasn't any religions we'd have less to hate people for.

Now, get out of town!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
FFS ! I don't want to get rid of religion, I neither care about it, follow it or have a much opinion about it. I originally posted to defend MuttsNutts being misquoted (which he was). Yes, IMO the World would be a more peaceful place without it, but everyone has their own opinion and are entitled to that. So answering your completely irrelevant question ..... I don't know how to get rid off it, how would you?
I never said that you said we should get rid of religion and I never asked how you would get rid of religion. Someone else asked you how we should get rid of religion and you responded by saying that you never said we should get rid of religion and I pointed out that he had never said that you said that we should get rid of religion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here