Murray - Absolute Quality

Savage - Very Tidy, what we need.

Thornton - Superb.

Keep the Faith Micky will deliver.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's welcome to it, its a pile of old shite.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I thaught we played well until the 94th min!

Im not sure about some of Adams' selections, but I suppose thats why he is having a reasonably successfull carrer in Fooball and Im not!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Adams cost us that game today with his bizarre selections and negative "lets sit back and cling on against one of the shittest teams in the league" tactics. Quite how we contrived NOT to win that game is ineptitude on a worryingly GRAND scale.

It takes a lot to piss me off. Tonight, I am seriously pissed off.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Adams cost us that game today with his bizarre selections and negative "lets sit back and cling on against one of the shittest teams in the league" tactics. Quite how we contrived NOT to win that game is ineptitude on a worryingly GRAND scale.

It takes a lot to piss me off. Tonight, I am seriously pissed off.

Fear Not Easy, Strictly Come Dancing starts very soon.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
The only positive i can see is that there will be plenty of tickets for sale for upcoming home games as disollusioned ST's turn their back on the current regime.....About a tenner a pop should be the going rate.:thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only positive i can see is that there will be plenty of tickets for sale for upcoming home games as disollusioned ST's turn their back on the current regime.....About a tenner a pop should be the going rate.:thumbsup:

GET A f***ing GRIP BAKESY :angry:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
All the home games have lacked that 100% do or die attitude of previous Micky teams. Today had loads of positives, I thought Thorton looked fantastic, just need to play for the whole game with the spirt shown in patches today.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All the home games have lacked that 100% do or die attitude of previous Micky teams. Today had loads of positives, I thought Thorton looked fantastic, just need to play for the whole game with the spirt shown in patches today.

word

At least the game was watchable today. I thought it was pretty entertaining and City aside the only game at withdean worth casting a look at this year. We looked really good going forward, Murray excellent, Thornton fantastic and Savage made a good contribution too. For the first time this season I actually enjoyed watching a league game at home, so I'll take that as my expectations for our progress this year are not too high. Of course it doesn't mean I'm not frustrated at our throwing away two valuable points. I think Adams will have to think long and hard about his selection and tactics today, but there are other threads for that so I'll just post the positive on this one.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
At least the game was watchable today. I thought it was pretty entertaining and City aside the only game at withdean worth casting a look at this year. We looked really good going forward, Murray excellent, Thornton fantastic and Savage made a good contribution too. For the first time this season I actually enjoyed watching a league game at home, so I'll take that as my expectations for our progress this year are not too high. Of course it doesn't mean I'm not frustrated at our throwing away two valuable points. I think Adams will have to think long and hard about his selection and tactics today, but there are other threads for that so I'll just post the positive on this one.

Very eloquently put. Sums up my feelings too.

US you are right and those were all positives and Thornton in particualr was pure class.

HOWEVER the team selection with Virgo in his position was odd to put in politely and the subs were a joke. We were winning against a team chasing the game who were weak and the back and then down to 10 men and we put on 2 holding central midfielders!!!

You and Harty are living on a different planet and if it wasn't for the fact that MA is the Manager, people would simply not accept being winless at home by now.

The Manager is letting us down and needs to do a lot better.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I thought we played well today looked dangerous going forward and Murray seemed to have the bit between his teeth.

Savage showed what happens when you look like you want the ball all the time and his movement and passing linked things well. The lad Thornton looked very comfortable on the ball and put in some very dangerous crosses.

I agree that Virgo on the right was an odd decision and little or nothing went down the right in both halves.

What worried me most today was how vulnerable we looked when they countered and how easily they got behind our full backs.

We lacked that extra push to kill the game off and we looked like a rabbit in the headlights in added time.

However across the 90min we played the ball on the deck there was plenty of passing and movement and 2 silly mistakes have cost us the game. Lets be honest if that last grasp goal had not gone in we would all be saying todays performance was progress on what has gone before

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm tired of being pissed off now (it's become something of a habit after recent home games) so I'm definitely going to go with the positives from today.

Murray had a great game, Thornton I liked a lot, Savage showed he will be an asset once he gets into the routine of playing regularly again. More importantly, the players looked like they wanted it, and whether it was the formation or simply a realisation that to score you have to support your strikers, at least we looked more dangerous going forward than in any of the other home games.

Cheer up, you miserable old farts, it's progress of sorts :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
TRHK Jr and I were walking down London Road and he turned to me and said "I know we threw away two points, but that was a really good game. I enjoyed that".

I had to agree with him. Gutted about wasting four points in two games, but really enjoyed that game of football.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

I'm not disillusioned at all. Gutted at the result but plenty of positives in the game.

I won't be turning by back on them...I feel more like turning by back on NSC - it's far more depressing than the football.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
TRHK Jr and I were walking down London Road and he turned to me and said "I know we threw away two points, but that was a really good game. I enjoyed that".

I had to agree with him. Gutted about wasting four points in two games, but really enjoyed that game of football.

I agree, that was a very entertaining game. the weather didn't seem to dampen anything either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports