Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please write to Jeff Winter

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Boro fan (who was previously a referee) says Mike Dean's decision was correct. Wow, I am so surprised at that. Since he's an ex-ref I'm not at all surprised that he doesn't wish to debate this, or that he was fairly rude about it.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Boro fan (who was previously a referee) says Mike Dean's decision was correct. Wow, I am so surprised at that. Since he's an ex-ref I'm not at all surprised that he doesn't wish to debate this, or that he was fairly rude about it.

Brighton Fans say Mike Deans decision was incorrect.Wow I`m so surprised at that. It works both ways.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
“There was no argument that Stephens played the ball but he went in studs up.

“When a player lifts his feet off the ground he always runs the risk.

“Some people think it’s OK as long as the player plays the ball but if the tackle is deemed to be reckless, endangers the safety of the opponents or excessive force is used, then it must be a red.”

This is what he wrote.....I`m no ref......As a Brighton Fan I`m like you ...Hoping for the best but if this is correct..perhaps so was the red.
So you're saying that players are not allowed to run or jump, as that involves their feet leaving the ground?

We all know that it's not just about playing the ball - you could go steaming in along the floor, get the ball and then the player afterwards. That is dangerous and should result in a card. That is not what happened.

Gaston's feet left the ground, and he was late, and could have injured Stephens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brighton Fans say Mike Deans decision was incorrect.Wow I`m so surprised at that. It works both ways.
Yep, so instead of just relying on opinons, you look at what actually happened, and then you realise (assuming you know anything about football) that it was never a red card offence.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No, I don't think that but he was in the paper with his opinion because he's an ex-ref, not because he's a Boro fan. That is why his opinion is deemed (by the Boro) to carry more weight.

He will say whatever to please the masses...he lives there I assume, he is a Boro fan (that definite) he isn't going to go against the grain..

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Winter is a Boro fan, therefore his biased opinion is no more worthy than anyone else's biased opinion. However, he's in the paper pontificating on his opinion because he's an ex-ref. That's the difference.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
The injury was caused by Ramirez kicking Stephens blades and not Stephens kicking Ramirez.
So every time someone raises their foot to bring a ball under control if the opponent kicks the raised foot its a straight red................. yer right
You have to show your studs when you kick a ball for gods sake
I would like to know the definite reason he changed his mind because Dean hasn't made it very clear. Maybe the appeal will bring more light as to the reason

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yet again your point is lost on me..care to explain?

Pretty obvious I would have thought..Brighton Fans are obviously biased towards Brighton...Oppositon Fans towards Opposition.
We abuse the Lino when he gives decision their way..when Burnley Goal that crossed line not given Lino`s a Hero and applauded.

We believe we are right opposition believe they are.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Winter is a Boro fan, therefore his biased opinion is no more worthy than anyone else's biased opinion. However, he's in the paper pontificating on his opinion because he's an ex-ref. That's the difference.
He's also writing in a local rag that's only going to be read by Boro fans (and the OP).

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
So you're saying that players are not allowed to run or jump, as that involves their feet leaving the ground?

We all know that it's not just about playing the ball - you could go steaming in along the floor, get the ball and then the player afterwards. That is dangerous and should result in a card. That is not what happened.

Gaston's feet left the ground, and he was late, and could have injured Stephens.

I`m not saying it ..merely pointing out what he said.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Pretty obvious I would have thought..Brighton Fans are obviously biased towards Brighton...Oppositon Fans towards Opposition.
We abuse the Lino when he gives decision their way..when Burnley Goal that crossed line not given Lino`s a Hero and applauded.

We believe we are right opposition believe they are.

Why pull me up when I said what is the point in writing to him? Strange

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No, I don't think that but he was in the paper with his opinion because he's an ex-ref, not because he's a Boro fan. That is why his opinion is deemed (by the Boro) to carry more weight.
He's been asked to write an opinion. He may well have been encouraged to point out why it could be seen as a red card. He may well believe he is right. All he is doing is backing up Dean. Is he really going to say anything else in the local press ?

What he is not doing is looking at the incident fairly and objectively.

Let the fool be.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
He's been asked to write an opinion. He may well have been encouraged to point out why it could be seen as a red card. He may well believe he is right. All he is doing is backing up Dean. Is he really going to say anything else in the local press ?

What he is not doing is looking at the incident fairly and objectively.

Let the fool be.

Can any hardened fan "look at incident fairly and objectively". I didn`t think it deserved red..but if it was other way round would have probably found reason to support decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here