Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please tell the club how to make up the 8 million shortfall?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I have become exceptionally disappointed with the club of late, and Tuesday I was angry about what is, I believe the thin end of a very large wedge that os being driven the fans way to absorb the £8M debt. There are however I feel some very simple revisions that could be used to boost the clubs coffers, albeit simplistic.

Firstly. Let's have the 10% discount reinstalled on purchases on all purchases. The club then have a floating amount of money that they must make some interest on. As a more radical idea, the money left on the cards could be used as a loan society, and therefore produce money directly to the club.

Second. The pies. I personally feel have dropped in quality. Forget pretty boxes with club emblems, the standard of the pie has dropped. I feel I am not alone in this, but this is what I have noted in the North stand for the two games I have attended.

Thirdly. It's lovely and warm at the moment, but come winter in the North Stand Concourse it will be freezing. In order to get fans to stay, and therefore spend more money, a couple of space heaters at convenient places might help.

Fourth and last point. Why waste money on painting the floor a lovely blue. On match day with a little water, or spilt beer, it will be an ice rink. Forget £8M. A couple of broken hips as someone will slip, and mark my words they will, the club will have a huge health & safety issue. And before anyone asks I have notified the stewards on the North Concourse, and it did look as though it had been keyed, or the top surface taken off with Scotchbrite, but as I showed to my mates it was still lethal when wet. Now add that to the cold winter with no heaters. A recipe for disaster.

good point , as i slipped on painted wet floor in the east last season, managed to avoid injury, but next person may not , and may claim , would this event increase clubs insurance premiums ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here