Please tell the club how to make up the 8 million shortfall?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C

CT1

There are so many stewards standing around doing nothing! Get rid!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
How many stewards fired equals £8 million saved? An awful lot, I'm guessing.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I don't understand why the club had to fund the no-parking zone in Coldean. If the council don't want fans to park a couple of miles from the ground then they should do something about it themselves. It's almost as if the council is using the planning permission to blackmail the club into funding whatever scheme they think up next, I'm surprised the club wasn't asked to pay for the cycle lane on Lewes Road as some fans may use it on match days!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Here's a start....potatoes aren't that expensive. Cut some up, fry them and charge £2.50 for twice as many as you get now (still over £2 a portion profit) By the end of the season they'll make more than taking the pizz by thinking we are so gullible we'll pay over the odds evermore for overpriced poo.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fine people leaving early from the East £1.00 for each minute before the whistle that they slope off back to Henfield or wherever?
Actually you could be onto something there. If you want to leave early you have to pay £5, (plus obviously a £1 admin fee). The club have regretfully brought this charge in due to Health and Safety regulations as they need extra stewards to ensure your safe exit from the stadium whilst the match is still in progress. If you have to leave early every game why not take advantage of our competitively-priced 'Early Doors' scheme? For only £90 (plus £2.50 booking fee) you can buy a pass that allows you to leave every game early! Plus as a bonus it entitles you to a massive 5% discount in the club shop on Wednesday afternoons on certain selected items.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally i would not be that worried.
Last year was the final year without FFP. This was the year to maximise losses.
This season clubs in the Championship can run at a loss again of 8 million as a maximum.
Last seasons 8 million loss would have included all of Ulloas fee and signing on fee as well as bridges wages, and vicentes both who cost the club a fair bit (prob at least 1 million over the course of the season).
If the club can increase revenue (chips at 280 will do this lol) then the club eill be doing fine. Unlike a lot of clubs in the Championship our debt is to 1 man only who is not charging interest.
In conclusion there is likely to be money availible for 3-4 players even if they are on loan with maybe 1 signing if a decent quality.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If the club can increase revenue (chips at 280 will do this lol) then the club eill be doing fine.

Does the club actually get extra money if we eat and drink more? It's always been assumed this was the case but does the profit go to the club or the caterers? I've never seen a breakdown, anyone know?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Does the club actually get extra money if we eat and drink more? It's always been assumed this was the case but does the profit go to the club or the caterers? I've never seen a breakdown, anyone know?

The club get a percentage of sales I think.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It would be percentage based in terms of food.
FFP in essence is meant to help the clubs run as a business. People may dislike Barber on here but clubs won t get an easy ride anymore and he is the one who has to ensure we keep in the guidelines.
Sure we would love to sign some players an blow a huge load of cash but not at the expense of having points deducted or other sanctions imposed.

Personally i would not be that worried.
Last year was the final year without FFP. This was the year to maximise losses.
This season clubs in the Championship can run at a loss again of 8 million as a maximum.
Last seasons 8 million loss would have included all of Ulloas fee and signing on fee as well as bridges wages, and vicentes both who cost the club a fair bit (prob at least 1 million over the course of the season).
If the club can increase revenue (chips at 280 will do this lol) then the club eill be doing fine. Unlike a lot of clubs in the Championship our debt is to one man onlywho is not charging interest.
In conclusion there is likely to be money availible for 3-4 players even if they are on loan with maybe 1 signing if a decent quality.

One man only who has pumped over 130 million into a capital project and was expecting it to self finance,which its a long way short of dong,the fair play thing will not solve anything in fact we will be punished for the expected loss.What happens when bloom gets fed up keeping us afloat? The income this season could well be the peak without promotion. American owners next????

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
One man only who has pumped over 130 million into a capital project and was expecting it to self finance,which its a long way short of dong,the fair play thing will not solve anything in fact we will be punished for the expected loss.What happens when bloom gets fed up keeping us afloat? The income this season could well be the peak without promotion. American owners next????

No chance.

I don't like the idea of TB being "short of dong" btw. No one wants that rumour getting around.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Curry £19 a plate...chips...small quantity £2.80. Move the fish and chip shop in Coldean in and put it alongside....who would do the most business...I know who'd I put my money on...
Warmed up expensive dry food is never going to beat a chippies popularity...

No chance.

I don't like the idea of TB being "short of dong" btw. No one wants that rumour getting around.

We must get out of this tb has magic powers and a golden goose at home,he came in because the banks went jittery,it was an interest free loan,he was not going to fleece us but he did not ever say he would bank roll us. The accumulative loss over 3 seasons will be around 25 million far above the input by anyone else in this club,eggs in one basket.I don't get alot wrong and had poyet sussed while the rest wanted his baby.:rolleyes:
The fans will have to be flexible regarding transport to make this club solvent( sacking stewards and selling chips will not do it)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the admin staff at Falmer cut all Post-It notes in half, they'll last twice as long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports