Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please tell the club how to make up the 8 million shortfall?

when tb became majority shareholder and chairman he was widely quoted in the press, including an interview by nick szczepanik, that the club would need to be self-financing when it moved to the new stadium at falmer.

thank you:rolleyes: Thats why we had all the boxes and corp stuff was put in to produce the income to help finance the team,someone got the figures wrong and the travel was a major part of it.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Reduce the amount of stewards checking 1901 car park in bennetts field to 1 or 2, not 8 as we had last night , might save a few bob, oh and where are the stewards at the end of the game organising getting cars out. ? Yes 1 young girl steward. At Leeds on sat, 33,000 crowd, left ground at end of game, drove out of very well organised car park, on motorway within 15 mins. Very simple, just needs someone with a brain to organise.

Reduce the amount of stewards checking 1901 car park in bennetts field to 1 or 2, not 8 as we had last night , might save a few bob, oh and where are the stewards at the end of the game organising getting cars out. ? Yes 1 young girl steward. At Leeds on sat, 33,000 crowd, left ground at end of game, drove out of very well organised car park, on motorway within 15 mins. Very simple, just needs someone with a brain to organise.

A brain? hope your not looking at me:wave:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Stewards outside the ground on matchday. There are dozens too many. When you drive in (I park in Bennetts Field, you are greeted by about 20 before you reach your parking space. Why? A sign or two, some cones would easily tell you where to go. You only need one steward to check you have the right pass! In fact I parked in the car park at Leeds, adjacent to the stadium and there were three stewards in the whole car park. It's not difficult is it.

Snap, almost, I may have exagerated the number :)

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Are we still losing £8m though ?, I would have thought ticket price increases, more travel costs on ST's, Amex sponsorship for ground and shirts, new catering contract, reduced back office staffing levels etc.... would have all gone a long way to addressing that. Unless we've spunked all that on player wages ?.

Are we still losing £8m though ?, I would have thought ticket price increases, more travel costs on ST's, Amex sponsorship for ground and shirts, new catering contract, reduced back office staffing levels etc.... would have all gone a long way to addressing that. Unless we've spunked all that on player wages ?.

Costs have gone up this season with redundancy payments we already had ground sponsorship,should be a few dollars more for ground sponsor and increase in season ticket but only to dent 8 million i would have thought. I'm sure barber mention loss of 8 to 9 million recently.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Costs have gone up this season with redundancy payments we already had ground sponsorship,should be a few dollars more for ground sponsor and increase in season ticket but only to dent 8 million i would have thought. I'm sure barber mention loss of 8 to 9 million recently.

We've also put in (and pretty much sold out) another 5k seats since that £8m loss was announced. I know costs have gone up but just can't see how all these price rises/corporate deals/additional income are not servicing that loss to a significant degree.

We've also put in (and pretty much sold out) another 5k seats since that £8m loss was announced. I know costs have gone up but just can't see how all these price rises/corporate deals/additional income are not servicing that loss to a significant degree.

Only sold just under 1,000 extra s/t since last season,this season could see our income peak,a mid table place would see 2 to 3k drop in season ticket holders and the price for one off games would put people off taking in games as a non season ticket holder,promotion or the honeymoon is over.

Jan 30, 2008
Only sold just under 1,000 extra s/t since last season,this season could see our income peak,a mid table place would see 2 to 3k drop in season ticket holders and the price for one off games would put people off taking in games as a non season ticket holder,promotion or the honeymoon is over.
WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET PROMOTED REV YOU KNOW THAT,WE'VE HAD OUR CHANCE AND BLEW IT, might come hard for some but i don't think we're adaptable
regards
DR

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
The club is in a transitional phase at the moment, and clearly it is needing to cut it's cloth to meet new rules.

However, there is a real danger that the club will start to get complacent about the current level of support it enjoys. 23,000 season ticket holders maybe, but if things go wrong this season, and however implausible it may seem now, it CAN happen (Wolverhampton Wanderers anybody?), the level of support will fall away. To what, who knows, but it cannot take the current level of support for granted.

So yes, retention of customers and improving the customer experience is an absolute must, and it is a million miles from getting there right now. Both the club and AITC need to learn big lessons about how it treats its customers and partners, as well as the milking of supporters for every little thing we do (booking fees etc). Somebody quoted as saying that some people need wet nursing; if you are going to pay premium prices as we do, you expect premium service. One without the other cannot go forever, regardless of how loyal fans may be.

A Good start would be to stop trying to fleece all of us, then telling us what a brilliant bargain were getting, ie in the concourses,
"Hot Dog or a Burger and soft drink £6.00 SAVE 10P ! Yes this has actually been put on the menu boards in Capital Letters,
Beggars Belief dosnt it ?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Nothing to do with new rules:facepalm: bloom was never going to pay for a 9 million pound season ticket!:rolleyes:

Of course he wasn't you patronising fncktard, thats my point. The urgency with which the change of emphasis has come about is everything to do with new rules. Or is Paul Barber lying?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Once the novelty of the Amex runs out,then the attendance will come under pressure,unless we remain in contention.We will sell our best players (we always have done ) and that is no different to 99% of clubs.The new training facility is the investment needed to be able to sell our best players.Bridcutt will be sold,IMO for a lot less than some would like,maybe 1.5ml plus ad ons.We cannot expect Mr Bloom to finance these huge losses.Its always been the same problem......how do we remain competitive.....and solvent at the same time ?

once the novelty of the amex runs out,then the attendance will come under pressure,unless we remain in contention.we will sell our best players (we always have done ) and that is no different to 99% of clubs.the new training facility is the investment needed to be able to sell our best players.bridcutt will be sold,imo for a lot less than some would like,maybe 1.5ml plus ad ons.we cannot expect mr bloom to finance these huge losses.its always been the same problem......how do we remain competitive.....and solvent at the same time ?

That's the question how can we? You've just asked my question again:facepalm:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Fine people leaving early from the East £1.00 for each minute before the whistle that they slope off back to Henfield or wherever?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here