Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please tell the club how to make up the 8 million shortfall?

Nov 20, 2003
hove
I did a count last night from the station to the outside program booths ,the walk was aprox 100 meters ,I counted 10 stewards doing sod all for a 9k crowd it really dosnt add up

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don't send out a useless fixture list AND a usless ST Card wallet to 22,000 Customers that don't need them!

In the grand scheme of things the cost of doing that really won't have been that much-even at £1 per Season Ticket it isn't that much but it is an extra expense that wasn't needed (much like those effing clackers last season). I don't need a separate holder for my ST-it stays in my wallet so I remember to take it with me...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I did a count last night from the station to the outside program booths ,the walk was aprox 100 meters ,I counted 10 stewards doing sod all for a 9k crowd it really dosnt add up

Wait until the first 'proper game' on Saturday and do a steward count in the car parks-where 1 person is required there'll be at least three, usually 4.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wait until the first 'proper game' on Saturday and do a steward count in the car parks-where 1 person is required there'll be at least three, usually 4.

Getting rid of 150 stewards won't make any dent in the losses , we've probably saved more money by getting Vicente , Dicker , Harley and Painter off the wage bill.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
One of Tony Bloom's other companies sponsor the training ground for £x million..?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Getting rid of 150 stewards won't make any dent in the losses , we've probably saved more money by getting Vicente , Dicker , Harley and Painter off the wage bill.

That's the crux of it. All the money saved or generated by all these contentious schemes can be wiped out (and then some) by one mistake in the transfer market. So to answer the OP's question: we make up the £8m shortfall by buying and selling the right players at the right time. Easy innit?

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
If the club were to set up their own pay day loan company, the fans would then be able to afford to take out a loan to buy a curry ?. Loads of Wonga.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If we were offered £8m for Bridders I would snap their hand off. I LOVE the guy but that amount is too good to turn down.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Spend tens of millions on players go bust write everything off including Tonys investment and the training ground funds, take a 10 point reduction then start off again debt free, seems to work elsewhere.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Spend tens of millions on players go bust write everything off including Tonys investment and the training ground funds, take a 10 point reduction then start off again debt free, seems to work elsewhere.

This

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Very strange things going on at the moment maybe money is a lot tighter than the club are letting on. If we don't see any decent signings this year then I think this may be the case.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One of Tony Bloom's other companies sponsor the training ground for £x million..?

Cleverer than that.

A 3rd party unconnected company sponsors the training ground, with a quid pro quo somewhere down the line between one of Tony's companies and this independent 3rd party ???

Or maybe a more complicated web of finance the 'FFP police' would have no chance of investigating.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Might work on Football Manager or FIFA13 but in reality I don't think Tony is the sort of bloke to let that happen. No need to panic buy and get in a LB at £3M to replace Bridge and £4M on a striker to replace Hoskins.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cleverer than that.

A 3rd party unconnected company sponsors the training ground, with a quid pro quo somewhere down the line between one of Tony's companies and this independent 3rd party ???

Or maybe a more complicated web of finance the 'FFP police' would have no chance of investigating.

Anyone got the mobile number for Ken Bates ???

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
That isn't as stupid as it sounds. After all he could break a leg in training today and never be the same player again; then not only do we not get any money for him but we lose even more money keeping a 'sicknote' on the books.

Buying and selling players is always a gamble, and Bridcutt himself was signed as a replacement for the injured Navarro. We could sell Bridcutt tomorrow and that new guy, Kenny Auguststeam or whatever his name is, could turn out to be the 'new' Bridcutt - or he could turn out to be a huge flop.

'Ees complicated as someone once said - but £8m sounds VERY tempting.

That kind of logic is the same as saying don't sell Harley, he MIGHT turn into the next Ronaldo and be worth £85 million but if we dump his ass we'll never get that money

CURRY AT £19 A PLATE?
MEAL IN 1901 £90
PAY £75 FOR THE H BUS?
BOOKING FEES ON TICKETS?
All things that seem unpopular so where can we save these millions.
Getting rid of park and ride and special buses would for me not be a problem as long as my ticket still gave me free travel on regular buses and trains within the city,could others cope,surely you could drive and park within the city and use the buses/ trains. We do have have 7 railway stations (including portslade) within the city. The club needs help from the fans on this one and paul barber is left with an impossible task to balance the books. HELP HIM!

How come 30,000+ people could get themselves to the goldstone but need subsidised special buses to get to falmer????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here