Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please tell me this was photoshopped....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
For any real football fan, half and half anything is just wrong full stop. Why FFS!

Are international teams exempt?

I ask because I get one at every Ireland game I attend and now have a massive collection. They are a good souvenir of the game/trip and I also feel that mixing with people of other nationalities and gestures of friendship are part of the point of international football.

I'd hate for an authority like you to say this means I am not a "proper football fan". For the record I'd probably buy them if the Albion ever played in Europe as well.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh give over. There's no dignity in an adult wearing a replica kit anywhere other than on a football pitch. That someone doesn't feel the need to align to one specific team isn't a lack of dignity, it's simply about viewing football as a game, a past time, an entertainment form, some thing that isn't life or death.

Some fans' anger at things like this and half-and-half scarves or people leaving early or not going to away games or spending time with friends/family instead of going to every single game or in any way not making their entire lives about their one team is really quite laughable, bordering on pathetic in some cases.

image.jpg

No anger from me , just having a laugh on this lovely Sunday evening :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I ask because I get one at every Ireland game I attend and now have a massive collection. They are a good souvenir of the game/trip and I also feel that mixing with people of other nationalities and gestures of friendship are part of the point of international football.

I'd hate for an authority like you to say this means I am not a "proper football fan". For the record I'd probably buy them if the Albion ever played in Europe as well.

Are international teams exempt? You ask.

If this is what you mean then yes, hopefully a decent fan like you
wouldn't even think of buying this sort of market stall rubbish.

image.jpg

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Are international teams exempt? You ask.

If this is what you mean then yes, hopefully a decent fan like you
wouldn't even think of buying this sort of market stall rubbish.

View attachment 59882

Is that a haiku?

Not sure what your point is to be honest a yep the top two on there are the kind of thing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Is that a haiku?

Not sure what your point is to be honest a yep the top two on there are the kind of thing.

Sorry I don't know what a haiku is.

My point is, you support ROI yes? You buy half and half scarves on your travels, yes?

This is a market stall outside a stadium in Germany when they played ROI, the sort of people that sell this crap are also selling the offensive scarves.

Hopefull you buy official merchandise.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Sorry I don't know what a haiku is.

My point is, you support ROI yes? You buy half and half scarves on your travels, yes?

This is a market stall outside a stadium in Germany when they played ROI, the sort of people that sell this crap are also selling the offensive scarves.

Hopefull you buy official merchandise.

Well no, I've never known there to be official ones.

Can genuinely say I've never seen an Irish fan wearing anything like those "**** England" ones home or abroad, my guess is a German seller has had them made and probably drawn a blank.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well no, I've never known there to be official ones.

Can genuinely say I've never seen an Irish fan wearing anything like those "**** England" ones home or abroad, my guess is a German seller has had them made and probably drawn a blank.

I was taken to a Celtic friendly match by a friend in London, I enjoyed the experience and my friend said that I would hear some songs that may offend, TBH I didn't understand the songs but I did see a scarf with the words ' English B...stards '
Worn by a Celtic fan, and I wasn't really impressed with that.

Funny that, no clubs producing official ones, apart from BHA on a few occasions at the AMEX, but at least the money went into the club and not some market trader.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I was taken to a Celtic friendly match by a friend in London, I enjoyed the experience and my friend said that I would hear some songs that may offend, TBH I didn't understand the songs but I did see a scarf with the words ' English B...stards '
Worn by a Celtic fan, and I wasn't really impressed with that.

Funny that, no clubs producing official ones, apart from BHA on a few occasions at the AMEX, but at least the money went into the club and not some market trader.

You've clearly got somewhat of an agenda here as this has nothing to do with 50/50 scarves or in fact international football.

In terms of the market trader comment, when you're talking about 2 countries, no club logos or names or anything like that, no player wages to pay, I don't see the problem. If some local person has seen an opening by printing the names of 2 countries on a scarf and the date of the game, I am quite happy to give them a tenner of my cash.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You've clearly got somewhat of an agenda here as this has nothing to do with 50/50 scarves or in fact international football.

In terms of the market trader comment, when you're talking about 2 countries, no club logos or names or anything like that, no player wages to pay, I don't see the problem. If some local person has seen an opening by printing the names of 2 countries on a scarf and the date of the game, I am quite happy to give them a tenner of my cash.

You do realise that that the profits of counterfeit merchandise ' sometimes ' funds organised crime.

I'm not getting anywhere here, my point still stands, this stuff is unofficial crap, I'm glad we don't have to walk through rows and rows of stalls selling this stuff on the way to the AMEX.

I have no problem with you or the ROI, if that's what you're thinking, I think all my posts on this thread have mentioned scarves or shirts so I don't really understand your ' agenda' comments.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You do realise that that the profits of counterfeit merchandise ' sometimes ' funds organised crime.

I'm not getting anywhere here, my point still stands, this stuff is unofficial crap, I'm glad we don't have to walk through rows and rows of stalls selling this stuff on the way to the AMEX.

I have no problem with you or the ROI, if that's what you're thinking, I think all my posts on this thread have mentioned scarves or shirts so I don't really understand your ' agenda' comments.

Fair enough. When you started going on about Celtic and anti-England scarves it didn't seem to have much to do with me buying 50/50 scarves at Ireland games, that's all.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree. Obviously international scarves are not 'counterfeit' anyways as names of countries and dates aren't copyright and national FA's are usually rolling in it, but personally on an Albion level I feel I pay enough to the club that if I fancied something that wasn't going to them I wouldn't feel guilty about it. In fact I reckon a huge amount of people on here have stuff from cult zeros or TSLR.

I respect your view though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fair enough. When you started going on about Celtic and anti-England scarves it didn't seem to have much to do with me buying 50/50 scarves at Ireland games, that's all.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree. Obviously international scarves are not 'counterfeit' anyways as names of countries and dates aren't copyright and national FA's are usually rolling in it, but personally on an Albion level I feel I pay enough to the club that if I fancied something that wasn't going to them I wouldn't feel guilty about it. In fact I reckon a huge amount of people on here have stuff from cult zeros or TSLR.

I respect your view though.

Sorry if you misunderstood I'm glad we cleared that up, I did go to the Celtic match with a good friend who is a massive Celtic fan, I was just using that as an example of when I had seen that type of scarf.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

I dont give a stuff about international football, knock yourself out with your growing collection of half and half Irish scarves fella. :lolol:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Positively side-splitting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here