Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please stop knocking the club I love

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
moan, complain, criticise, etc on here to your hearts content as long as it's genuine and justified.

Let off steam but don't knock the club for the sake of it with cheap shots, repetitive, unfounded, selective, ignorant, etc comments.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Data protection is a pretty big thing. There are laws about it and everything.

I'm not sure any law has been broken. Where is the evidence of this ?

The club could argue that their enquiry is proportionate. Especially with the illegal sale of tickets.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
we all get told ticket re selling is illegal ...Is it a criminal offence ? or is it just against rules of the club ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
moan, complain, criticise, etc on here to your hearts content as long as it's genuine and justified

First rule of NSC - a thread moaning about anything (cyclists, vegans, negroes, poofs etc.) will stay on the front page and generate more action than any thread seeking to praise and be positive about something. It's the human condition I'm afraid, or at least the NSC one.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not sure any law has been broken. Where is the evidence of this ?

The club could argue that their enquiry is proportionate. Especially with the illegal sale of tickets.

Oh I've no idea either way. Just responded to what I perceived to be a lack of understanding about the importance of data protection in the original post, lumped in as it was with what essentially amounts to a list of fairly trivial stuff.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh I've no idea either way. Just responded to what I perceived to be a lack of understanding about the importance of data protection in the original post, lumped in as it was with what essentially amounts to a list of fairly trivial stuff.

My understanding is that the data sharing in this case is proportionate to what has been released. I can't see how finding out if you use a ticket or not is an information gathering exercise that compromises anything in the current statutes.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Going to be honest here, if I have reason to moan, complain or criticise the club I will not hesitate to do so.

Indeed. We all occasionally have to point things out to our nearest and dearest, it doesn't mean we don't love them any less. I don't think I have any reason at all to complain or criticise any aspect of the club at the moment, indeed as I've said on other threads this is easily the greatest time I've ever known as an Albion fan. However as NSC is all about opinions if I think there's something that perhaps could be a bit better I'll say it. So the OP can take his syrupy sentiment and his own opinions about what we may or may not say (which he's perfectly entitled to of course) - and shove them where the sun don't shine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Loyalty points, signing a striker, ticket allocation, replica shirt design, the club shop, quality of 1901 food.... you name it there are one or two individuals (and more) taking every opportunity to have a pop at the club, the latest is data protection!

Back off and get behind the club - warts and all - or go back to the withdean days or support someone else.

Discuss.

To be fair the club have, on occasion, screwed up with at least the first three items you list. Why shouldn't we discuss these?

Indeed. We all occasionally have to point things out to our nearest and dearest, it doesn't mean we don't love them any less. I don't think I have any reason at all to complain or criticise any aspect of the club at the moment, indeed as I've said on other threads this is easily the greatest time I've ever known as an Albion fan. However as NSC is all about opinions if I think there's something that perhaps could be a bit better I'll say it. So the OP can take his syrupy sentiment and his own opinions about what we may or may not say (which he's perfectly entitled to of course) - and shove them where the sun don't shine.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Loyalty points, signing a striker, ticket allocation, replica shirt design, the club shop, quality of 1901 food.... you name it there are one or two individuals (and more) taking every opportunity to have a pop at the club, the latest is data protection!

Back off and get behind the club - warts and all - or go back to the withdean days or support someone else.

Discuss.

Love to go back to the withdean days. Football in the raw. ...marvellous scenes

We are here now...and it's a bit meh!

For me it was all about getting there....

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The OP is being a little precious, there is nothing wrong with a healthy cynicism, and the usual naysayers on here who have nothing positive to say about anything are easily ignored.
If we, as supporters, had blindly followed what the club were doing 25 years ago then we wouldn't have a team to moan about - lack of strikers, shirt sleeves, queues at half time, all of the above.

I agree with this completely. If we are not alllowed to challenge anything then we will end up in a Brexit style land where any questions become "stop talking our club down" - just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you don't love your club and want what is best for it!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah...let's just accept everything the club says or does without so much as a murmur of dissent or criticism. That would have served us so well 25 years ago.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

He does say "Discuss", to be fair.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Never ceases to amaze me how so many people confuse Data Protection with Data Privacy.

As for knocking the club, meh. Some folk will still complain if the world was perfect.
But I do believe voicing things that can be changed for the better is a good thing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Never ceases to amaze me how so many people confuse Data Protection with Data Privacy.

As for knocking the club, meh. Some folk will still complain if the world was perfect.
But I do believe voicing things that can be changed for the better is a good thing.

Which is who i thought the OP was referring too....constructive criticism gets a thumbs up..moaning for moaning sake its a thumbs down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here