Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tight wads. £100.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
20, all the way.
otherwise paying for his provisional sounds like a nice one off gesture??
( sorry, just reread tth bit about you already paying for the provisional, 20 it is then....)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A tanner buried in the Christmas Pudding.

Its only October FFS. Why on earth is anyone even contemplating the thought of Christmas presents now?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Her next quote after me reading out the replies on here are......and I quote "It's all blokes answering on there and blokes are tight fisted when it comes to presents unless its to do with beer and gadgets and football"...............

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Depends on your personal circumstances. If you are buying for five,and want to spend equally, I would suggest £30, if you can afford it you might like to spend more.

That said, if you were out of work and short of money then maybe less, all very personal.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I don't like giving cash, it shows a lack of thought.
Get Mrs Hitony to unpick one of your old jumpers and knit him a pair of driving gloves.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Only one thing for it.

horse-duck-animal-hybrid.jpg

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Surely you just give him the money that you would've spent on a gift? You are going to have his 18th coming up and I guess and he'd probably be expecting more for that. Now you could do a deal and give him more now but less later.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have 11 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren and they get £30 each as do their parents. Sometimes it's a present. Sometimes a gift voucher. Sometimes it is cash. But it is 30 notes for birthdays and the same for Christmas.
Last index linked increase (from £25) was two years ago.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
£20 or £30 depending on your wealth.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Me and her indoors are talking about xmas pressies etc, we have a 17 year old grandson and she said we will give him some money, fine I have no problem with that, what I do have a problem with is the amount.

Can the good folk on NSC please say what they think is a sensible amount to give.

Just to clarify a few things, he wants money to save for a car....... we are not mega rich!........we have 4 other grand kids and I beleive in giving the same.

Over to you, thanks.

We give our nephews £20 each at Christmas, and the same for their birthdays in Jan.
How about towards driving lessons :bigwave:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
My wife spends about £400 each on our 2 kids at xmas, but she's an idiot. I would suggest 20-25 is fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here