Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Please recommend a place for afternoon tea in Brighton

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Avoid Hotel du Vin.

Whilst it's beyond excellent for a chateaubriands and creme brulees, it's pretty terrible for cucumber sandwiches and scones.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
the-salt-room-restaurant.jpg...

Can fook right off.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
If you have access to transport, then Steyning tearooms are a personal favourite. I've not had anything better as they make all of the (huge) scones fresh on the premises and have different local preserves

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
We had afternoon tea in The Grand Hotel for a birthday. Great service, a generous array of gorgeous sandwiches and cakes, set in their luxurious bar/lounge.

Yep, this was going to be my recommendation as well. Also liked The Mock Turtle for a different type of experience but a large party would be hard for them to accommodate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, this was going to be my recommendation as well. Also liked The Mock Turtle for a different type of experience but a large party would be hard for them to accommodate.

I thought we had big appetites, but we were beaten by the amount of gorgeous cakes and pastries. Taking a load home in a posh doggie box.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I know this might be no good to you - because it's not in Brighton - but please please please at some point in your life go to the tea room in Steyning. The biggest, warmest, deliciousest scones in the whole world.

My local, love it.

Also a bit out of town, and haven't been for a couple of years, but The Ditchling Tea Rooms was good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here