Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] *** PLEASE READ: Upcoming Changes ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've had the same username /password since 98/99 and the same email address since 96, still going.

I've had to upgrade pigeons a few times since then , and my despatch rider has retired

87c7d86f52598d684e8a9458052197e2.jpg

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have just commenced a project to migrate NSC from vBulletin 4, our current home and where we've been for almost forever, to Xenforo - https://xenforo.com

vBulletin 4 is an old and, effectively, now an unsupported platform, whilst Xenforo is modern, feature rich and, importantly, well-supported forum software.

All being well, the live switchover will take place mid-January, and I'll advise on a specific date in the New Year.

In the near-term, it won't make a huge amount of difference in terms of the way you use and access NSC, other than mobile usage. When the migration takes place, Tapatalk will be removed from NSC. One of Xenforo's advantages is that it is offers a considerably better native mobile experience via a browser, and we will be taking advantage of that.

When we migrate you will need to login to NSC again and, experience tells me, a lot of people will come unstuck here, due to one of the following, if not both:

- No longer having access to the email address registered with NSC, preventing password reminders/resets from being received.
- Not knowing their NSC password due to staying parma-logged in.

Please help me help you by resolving these as soon as you can, ie over the next few weeks, and not waiting for the migration to happen and finding you are locked out of NSC requiring my help. Simply, if I get inundated with hundreds of requests for email address/password reset issues all at the same time, it will take me a while to go through them.

So, please go here: https://www.northstandchat.com/profile.php?do=editpassword, and:

- Make sure the email address stored is one you have access to (you will not receive any emails from NSC unless you ask for them)
- Make sure you know what your password is

If you hit any snags, email me - help@northstandchat.com - and I'll help out.

any way that you can pre-empt problems e.g. generating mass emails so that people know what credentials they are using and suggesting they logon now and start cleaning up before the cutover? If they don't get an email by a set date then they know they have failed the first test

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Tapatalk going? If this gets rid of all the 'Sent from my blah blah blah phone', underneath a lot of posts, then I'm in!

Thank goodness for that.
Sometimes one 'thumbs-up' can speak a thousand words...

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Can you make sure you do regression testing, create a maintenance window that doesn’t affect too many users, ie outside UK a business hours when we all use NSC most and finally bring your change to a Change Advisory Board for approval.

Such is the life of a Global Change Manager of 21 years :ffsparr:

Impact Assessment 1: we're doomed.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Wow this sounds exciting.
I must admit I am on a phone so I have to do a lot of zooming in and out and sometimes my messages vanish as I'm typing them out and I still can't work out how to post pics so a more user friendly for phones system would be fantastic.
But I'm not complaining about the current nsc as I'm happy to put up with these minor issues to chat with and hear opinions of fellow fans and I also appreciate the efforts of bozza and others to run this forum for us.hopefully this new system will make things easier to run and organise for them too.i can't wait to see what it's like.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Blimey my email was a Tiscali one, are they even in business?

Yes, yes it is (except it is now Talk Talk but Tiscali addresses are still valid)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
All being well, the live switchover will take place mid-January, and I'll advise on a specific date in the New Year.

Which new year?

D

Deleted member 2719

This sounds like exciting progress.

Can we have a button to exterminate palarse fans.

And new smileys?

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
Getting rid of Tapatalk might be handy, just lately every third scroll or tap opens an advertisement that I in no way tapped on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No. Be shamed forever!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you make sure you do regression testing, create a maintenance window that doesn’t affect too many users, ie outside UK a business hours when we all use NSC most and finally bring your change to a Change Advisory Board for approval.

Such is the life of a Global Change Manager of 21 years :ffsparr:

Think yourself lucky that you're not Head of Deliverance. ??? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here