Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please, Please do not appoint Nathan Jones.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Is this another Jeff Wood scenario?

A number of us got sucked in back then, myself included but NJ like Woody was back then is clearly not experienced enough at this time.

Appointing him full time would be as big an error as getting Hypia in was back in the summer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not convinced that NJ is the man for the job BUT.. I am very happy with his 4 points out of 6 (which could have been 6)... and have no idea why he is being referred to as a Weasel? Why do some people, who (like me) don't know him, hate him on here?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Nice to hear a post match interview with some upbeat heartfelt passion and a lot of knowledge of the team and tactics, not 'terminator' style tones and implausible soundbites. Doesn't mean I want Jones as manager, that would be a knee-jerk good-feeling reaction to the last two games, but on the only things we can judge him on so far he has a lot of positives on his side, passion for the Albion, tactical nouse, knowledge of the players, coaching qualifications and a little bit of luck too, not bad for starters.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Why not give him a go on a short term basis?

If we are winless in the next 10, sack him & bring someone else in. That will cost next to nothing & nothing ventured nothing gained (or lost)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm not convinced that NJ is the man for the job BUT.. I am very happy with his 4 points out of 6 (which could have been 6)... and have no idea why he is being referred to as a Weasel? Why do some people, who (like me) don't know him, hate him on here?

I don't want Jones as manager but i certainly wouldn't start calling him names in a thread title. To be fair the OP is known to be a cock on here.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

If we are winless in the next 10, sack him & bring someone else in. That will cost next to nothing & nothing ventured nothing gained (or lost)

Only cost several million if we go down. Nothing really eh?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Only cost several million if we go down. Nothing really eh?

You could be winless in that time frame with any manager. 4 points out of 6 now & change it for a manager as unsuccessful as hypia was & people we'll go down anyway.

Why change a winning team?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You could be winless in that time frame with any manager. 4 points out of 6 now & change it for a manager as unsuccessful as hypia was & people we'll go down anyway.

Why change a winning team?
One swallow doesn't make a summer.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
What's more of a gamble, a new manager or one that has at least had a positive start? (Albeit a very brief one)

Of course this could all be academic if the announcement is already penciled in for 9am tomorrow.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Tricky call. He'll have enough to keep us up but not sure how far he can take us forward

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's a really tough call. If we were mid-table I'd say appoint Jones until the end of the season. However we need someone who will ensure we don't get relegated. It would be a massive gamble (good job our chairman isn't a gambler or anything......)

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I see NSC hasn't changed. I've read many posts on this thread that are heavily based on prejudice and ignorance. It would seem that a remark made by Micky Adams aimed at Nathan Jones, in the heat of the moment, many seasons ago when we played Yeovil, has produced such bias many years later.

Last season we reached the play-offs. What the majority of his detractors do not know, is the part that Jones played in that achievement. In January, Garcia told the players that he wasn't the type of manager who threw a fit in the dressing room. He hardly entered the dressing room from then on, at home matches. He stayed in his lounge. It was Jones who gave the pep-talks and was with the team before the match, and at half-time.

Even on the training ground Garcia stayed in his office. It was Jones who put the players through their paces and coached them.

In short, without Nathan Jones we would never have reached the play-offs.

So bury your prejudice, and back the guy all the time that he is in charge.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I hear what you are saying but unfortunately Sami (and Burke) should have gone earlier.. a lot earlier.

Most of us know the song "All About The Bass". In our case it's "All About The Transfer Window"

If the two afore-mentioned guys had gone in early November we could have afforded Nathan (or Weasel as he is popularly known in some quarters) the 10 games you mentioned.

Mind you, NJ may be the answer. Don't think anyone knows for sure. :shrug:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I wouldn't be against him being interim for the season, it's clear that he can get a response from the players and he cares about the club, regardless about what his detractors say.

In an ideal scenario, we'd get an experienced man in and keep him as #2, but that's unlikely.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see NSC hasn't changed. I've read many posts on this thread that are heavily based on prejudice and ignorance. It would seem that a remark made by Micky Adams aimed at Nathan Jones, in the heat of the moment, many seasons ago when we played Yeovil, has produced such bias many years later.

Last season we reached the play-offs. What the majority of his detractors do not know, is the part that Jones played in that achievement. In January, Garcia told the players that he wasn't the type of manager who threw a fit in the dressing room. He hardly entered the dressing room from then on, at home matches. He stayed in his lounge. It was Jones who gave the pep-talks and was with the team before the match, and at half-time.

Even on the training ground Garcia stayed in his office. It was Jones who put the players through their paces and coached them.

In short, without Nathan Jones we would never have reached the play-offs.

So bury your prejudice, and back the guy all the time that he is in charge.

Now that IS interesting , and from what I have heard about Garcia, from a VERY reliable source, does not surprise me. Think you make some good points there ND.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here