Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please help Altrincham

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Altrincham have had 18 points deducted by the Conference and have been fined £1,000 for fielding an ineligible player earlier this season. The club are waiting to receive the decision in writing before deciding whether to appeal to the FA.

The ruling would put the Robins bottom of the Conference and would almost certainly mean relegation. Robinson, 23, signed for the Moss Lane club from Accrington Stanley last November when he did not have international clearance.

The player left Moss Lane in February to join Richmond Eagles in Australia. "The problem only emerged because he went from us to Australia," an Altrincham spokesman said. "The first we knew of the problem was when they (Richmond) came back to us and said they had discovered he was still registered to play in Iceland when he signed for Accrington."

The Altrincham spokesman continued: "As far as the club are concerned, the manager Graham Heathcote, and the chairman both want to speak to the players before saying anything more.
"The appeal needs to be made within two weeks, so we are expecting written confirmation of the punishment very soon."
Newly-crowned Conference champions Accrington and the player were charged by the FA for playing Robinson in a reserve fixture without international clearance.

The promoted club have already responded and will learn their fate at a hearing yet to be scheduled

Please help by signing the on-line petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/ab1bc234/

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
18 points and £1000 cannott mean something as simple as an oversight by Altrincham.

When I heard this today I thought that there had to be much more to it than just playing a player without international clearance. Then I realised that this is the FA were talking about.

Signed.

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Timbo said:
18 points and £1000 cannott mean something as simple as an oversight by Altrincham.

When I heard this today I thought that there had to be much more to it than just playing a player without international clearance. Then I realised that this is the FA were talking about.

Signed.

In this instance it is not the FA but the Conference League.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If Accrington don't get promoted after all the coverage they have recieved..!

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Yet, under the new guidelines, when a club is first caught for racist chanting, a club will be docked three points.

Since when has fielding an ineligible player been SIX times worse than racist chanting. The deduction is utter madness.

I've signed the petition.

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Dawsey said:
Yet, under the new guidelines, when a club is first caught for racist chanting, a club will be docked three points.

Since when has fielding an ineligible player been SIX times worse than racist chanting. The deduction is utter madness.

I've signed the petition.

The points deduction comes from the number of points they gained in games that Robinson played in.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Jonathon Livingstone said:
It won't have any impact on Accrington

Why not? They're having their hearing next because they played the bloke in their reserves.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes, but their charge did not include any points deduction

They haven't been charged yet have they? Or do you mean they've been told they wont be deducted points in advance?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Turkey said:
Why not? They're having their hearing next because they played the bloke in their reserves.

If he only played for the reserves then he won't have made any difference to the points tally of the 1st team that won the league but he scored a number of goals for Altrincham making a significant contribution to their league position.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
The points deduction comes from the number of points they gained in games that Robinson played in.

Why didn't that happen to Chesterfield a few years back then? I forgotten the players name now

Luke beckett was it?

Last edited:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The hard part of is that when you sign a player from another team in the same league, you probably assume that the previous team had already sorted all this out. In this case they hadn't.

Accrington can't be affected because they are charged by the FA not the Conference, as it was a reserve game, and the FA can't deduct points from the Conference - it ain't their league. They will likely be fined if found guilty.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I feel sorry for the fans but I'm pretty sure someone at their club is culpable as these sort of checks are commonplace in transfer dealings.

Would we be signing a petition of this sort if we found out that there were irregularities in Sheffield Wednesday signing Burton O'Brien?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
jonny.rainbow said:
I feel sorry for the fans but I'm pretty sure someone at their club is culpable as these sort of checks are commonplace in transfer dealings.

Would we be signing a petition of this sort if we found out that there were irregularities in Sheffield Wednesday siging Burton O'Brien?

Well put - The going ons at Derby prove that certain people want to help when it makes them look good.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
The conference is fast becoming a joke. The past few seasons have seen clubs survive because of other clubs problems. I think last season Northwich Victoria got relegated because of issues with their ground.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I follow, sort of, my local Conference team (Forest Green Rovers, long name beautiful location), they escaped relegation last season because Northwich Vics ground didn't meet league regulations, which makes me surprised that the Accies are getting in because theirs is a tip. It would be ironic if they avoid relegation again, as they are currently bottom, if the points deduction against Altrincham stands. I will not be signing the petition for purely mercenary grounds that I want FGR to stay in the Conference, especially as they are moving to a spanking new ground before next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here