Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playoffs optimism

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Squad is undoubtedly stronger than last season so don't expect crap out like end of last. Having said that, was at ashton gate on Tuesday to see the most mind numbingly tedious game seen in years. My BCFC colleagues were uniimpressed by the hype I gave Spanish Dave and Orlandi. Too many like that and 10th beckons again..cannot stress enouigh how important it is tomorrow to avoid defeat. Got bad vibes about this one, smacks of Palarse and Watford games....

Presumably Forest, Hull and Cardiff will finish below 10th as they lost there, then?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You have to feel positive after finding out the squad will travel by plane instead of an arduous journey by coach. Probably the only way to guarantee Vicente travels.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
You have to feel positive after finding out the squad will travel by plane instead of an arduous journey by coach. Probably the only way to guarantee Vicente travels.

the coach that they were waiting in the rain for at Hickstead yesterday afternoon must have been going to Gatwick I guess. Buckers was having terrible trouble with his hair. As for the play off's, I do believe, even after the dross of Tuesday.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Big game for both clubs
Win for palace would give a massive boost for second spot and see Brighton drop out of the playoffs
Win for Brighton and I would hope we both meet in the final

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Big game for both clubs
Win for palace would give a massive boost for second spot and see Brighton drop out of the playoffs

why would a win for palace mean we drop out of the playoffs...eh? Also, this is about our play off hopes not palace so off the thread ta

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Big game for both clubs

I'm trying to work out if Palace's result has any effect on Brighton's position within the 4 play off places. Nope, sod all.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
With only 8 games left after the palace game every point counts with Bolton and Forrest pushing hard to nick a place
I put Brighton down for a playoff place this season and I still nave not changed my mind

Feb 14, 2010
If Vicente continues to not to play then I think we are still in with a shout but could just miss out. Ulloa is new to the club and its a big ask to ask him to score the goals to take us up. If Vicente does play, then play off should be no problem as other teams shouldn't be able to live with him. Problem is that Vicente playing is a big "if".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Problem is that Vicente playing is a big "if".

And THAT'S why we've got him. If he always played he'd be at a top half Prem club. We knew when we got him there was a good chance he'd have injury issues, that was the risk we took.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My only concern is running out of steam up front with so few striking options. It's a big ask of Leo to be playing so many games whilst adjusting to the pace of the English game and losing Hoskins and CMS (whatever anyone thinks of him) is a big blow. Any loan striker is going to need to hit the ground running which is not guaranteed.

Personally I think some of the other players now need to step up and relieve the expectation on the strikers shoulders and would be good to see Buckley out of the recent lull and back to his best.

We still have a great chance and its in our hands but whilst I think we may just nick a playoff spot I am not sure we have got enough to power through the playoffs.

Feb 14, 2010
And THAT'S why we've got him. If he always played he'd be at a top half Prem club. We knew when we got him there was a good chance he'd have injury issues, that was the risk we took.

I know that mate, but to have a player play about 10 games a season ties up the wages of someone with agreed, less ability but who will over a season win us more points. There really is no point in being the best thing in the treatment room. Don't get me wrong, Im not a fan that wants "hard workers" who run around but have limited footballing ability either. So far, both CMS and Vicente, for different reasons, have been poor signings. Vicente tho still has (just) enough time to justify him being here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here