Votes: 75 70.1%
  • Depends if we score at Selhurst

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Err...What is the rule again?

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It gives the advantage to the team finishing higher in the league. (ie if scores are level - the team finishing higher in the league gets to have extra time and pens at home)

That's how it should be.

No change please.

...is the right answer.

I also think the home team in the 2nd leg (ie the team finishing higher) should be able to choose which end of the ground the pens are taken.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Bradford v Burton aside, the first legs this season have been pretty dull and cagey. Should the away goals rule be changed? Would it encourage two open legs? (ooo err)

I dislike the away goals rule as it means that the home team in the first leg is defensively minded, fearful of conceding and the second leg can become a non event if the away team goes ahead late in the game meaning the home team need to score 2 in a few minutes and usually realising its impossible, give up. You no longer get the old cup game style finishes where the team behind will throw everything at it trying to score and equaliser.

Barca's 2nd leg Champions League game become a non event once the German side scored and Barca then needed 6 to win due to the away goals rule, i'm sure Barca would have gone for it more if the rule wasn't there

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It should be like Rollerball... Once normal time and extra time have been played, it goes to "no time limit, last man standing" and they play ... *dramatic pause*... to the death!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think after the eleven penalties each there should be a replay. Such an event would be too much for the nerves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here