Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Playing Devil’s advocate here but

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good PL player? He hasn't done anywhere near enough to be classed as that.

I don't think even Maupay has got there yet though I'm sure he will.

Ok, well. Each to their own. Potter obviously agrees with me, and thats what counts in the end.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is no way Connolly ego will let him go on loan to the Championship

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Stuff his ego, that would leave us with one recognised PL ready striker as things stand

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I guess that's the sort of thing we must stamp out.

Players having Premier League sized egos having scored 3 Premier League goals in the last 5 Premier League games, is simply beyond the pale.

Get rid NOW.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If Albion really are that strapped for cash would we not have been better off selling White and spending the money on a striker?

I guess all will become clear by the close of the window but given how we were well stocked with CBs before the season started it’s a thought isn’t it?

FWIW I really like White and have been impressed with his skill on the ball but all three centre backs currently look awful at defending set pieces. Maybe Potter could have considered adapting things and keeping Duffy whilst letting White go and signing a striker

Go gently on me, it is just a thought :smile:

If we do end up signing a decent striker maybe a mod would be kind enough to delete this thread please :lolol:

I was fearful we would cash in on Dunk to pay for a striker. I can understand why they would've taken a £35m+ offer

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Does he?

Bold statement, is he a mate of yours?

How is it a bold statement considering the game time Connolly got over the last year?

Potter even said they loaned out Locadia and Andone to "create a pathway for Connolly".

Its quite obvious Potter think that Maupay & Connolly are good PL strikers. You dont have to be a friend of Potter to realise it, its not really rocket science.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
How is it a bold statement considering the game time Connolly got over the last year?

Potter even said they loaned out Locadia and Andone to "create a pathway for Connolly".

Its quite obvious Potter think that Maupay & Connolly are good PL strikers. You dont have to be a friend of Potter to realise it, its not really rocket science.

Hang on, they're the only strikers we've got. Playing them doesn't give an insight into what he thinks of them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hang on, they're the only strikers we've got. Playing them doesn't give an insight into what he thinks of them.

Potter’s decision though, he binned off Locadia and Andone within a couple of games last season. Says he is happy to nurture what we’ve got and even got arsey about all the questions re signing a new striker. I think he likes both of them, but who knows?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can you read my post properly and then reply again?

I have read it perfectly. You were advocating getting in another striker and sending Connolly out on loan.

Leaving us with - let me see now - yes, two strikers. Just as we are now.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I have read it perfectly. You were advocating getting in another striker and sending Connolly out on loan.

Leaving us with - let me see now - yes, two strikers. Just as we are now.

I'll spell it out then.

I would like us to get enough strikers so that Connolly could learn his trade in the Championship and develop his game.

Obviously if we haven't got enough strikers then why would we get rid of one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

If that was the case the club would have signed another striker or two, and more obviously Potter wouldnt start two up front. Look, there is no way I can prove that Potter does not think Maupay and Connolly are shit besides the obvious evidence that he think they are good players, regardless if you agree or not.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We are losing £25/30m matchday income and past seasons spent £50/60m on players. By my sums we are better off . We have also lost more high earners then 2 come in

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
If that was the case the club would have signed another striker or two, and more obviously Potter wouldnt start two up front. Look, there is no way I can prove that Potter does not think Maupay and Connolly are shit besides the obvious evidence that he think they are good players, regardless if you agree or not.

When have I said they're shit, don't put words in my mouth.

Won't bother debating with you anymore.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll spell it out then.

I would like us to get enough strikers so that Connolly could learn his trade in the Championship and develop his game.

Obviously if we haven't got enough strikers then why would we get rid of one.

So you want to buy two strikers then, not just the one who is better than Maupay. Your post didn't specify that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here