Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Players you don't rate that others do.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Always thought the below were overrated:

Peter Smith
Gary Chivers
David Lopez

As for England, I just cant see what is so good about Nathaniel Clyne, but he's young and has time...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Lewis Dunk. I think he's a decent Championship player but not worth the reported 3m bid offered by Fulham, which loads seem to think is derisory.

I can't help but agree, l'm very surprised that the club didn't bite Fulham's hand off. Maybe the only reason that they didn't was because offer was made by a rival club in the Championship.

Solly March is another player who has a lot of fans on NSC. l like the way he has come in to professional football the hard way, having previously been with Lewes, but l haven't seen anything in him so far to suggest that he will make the grade.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
At the Top Level
Steven Gerrard
Paul Scholes

Brighton
Kaz
Dunk
(Going back a bit) Wayne Henderson

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Always thought the below were overrated:

Peter Smith
Gary Chivers
David Lopez

As for England, I just cant see what is so good about Nathaniel Clyne, but he's young and has time...

Wow. I think Clyne is the best right sided full back in England by some margin.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
In our Currrent squad it would be Solly March and Ince.

March: for me hasnt done anything which would suggest he is going to be a good championship player, However he still has time and hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Ince: Great strengh and pretty decent tackle on him, really lacks technically with his passing range and struggles to get any real direction on his headers. A good player but not a patch on Bridcutt for me.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Non albion has to be Rooney and Neymar both talked up like world greats when in reality they are nowhere near the level of other top international players

Albion current - another vote for March, ridiculously one footed and aside from a goal in a friendly against Norwich not really been very effective. And the marmite man JFC maybe there is a great player in there that just does not fit into our way of playing but for me he hides in games and we look a poorer 11 with him on the pitch. Not sure what all the fuss about Halford was last season either

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good point, well made. More than a bit pitiful for a club supposedly aiming at the Prem wouldn't you agree?

Yes. And it does seem strange that we seem to be the only club willing to put in a bid at the level we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here