Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players waving an imaginary card

Is it acceptable for a player to wave an imaginary card?

• Yes, every time.

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Only if it'a an Albion player doing the waving

Votes: 59 18.8%
  • There's no need for it

Votes: 238 75.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not a great look but understandable if you don’t speak the same language as the ref.

I bet players say “that’s a card ref” or “send him off” all the time
In my day if hacked down like that you just shouted REFEREE!!! at the top of your voice, no cards back then of course so no point in waving one... :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would like to think Bob might mention it to the lad in a weeks time or so….. not now as all is good atm

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I hate it when other teams do that to us. So, by the same token, I think it is wrong that
we should do it. Then again, Wolves were cheating bastards, so go for it.

Also, it has often been said that we're too nice. So maybe we need to be more "wankerish"
to get where we want to be.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hate it when other teams do that to us. So, by the same token, I think it is wrong that
we should do it. Then again, Wolves were cheating bastards, so go for it.

Also, it has often been said that we're too nice. So maybe we need to be more "wankerish"
to get where we want to be.
I’m not sure it makes a difference to a referee…he knew what he was going to do without Mitomas albeit cringy gestures

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah I don’t like that kind of thing, that said I’d have been doing it furiously from the stands had I have been there.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Presumably this is about Mitoma today; if so I assumed he wasn’t confident enough with his spoken English to say to the ref “what the f*** was that rugby tackle??” so instead used sign language.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a great look but understandable if you don’t speak the same language as the ref.

I bet players say “that’s a card ref” or “send him off” all the time
That was my first instinct , but his English is pretty good on the interview I heard.

Not great but if it’s a Brighton player I don’t really mind

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Generally not a fan but I think Mitoma knew how good his touch was and that he was away. In general being brought down there doesn't normally end up with a red as you'd normally be travelling away from goal. Being charitable I'd say he wanted go make sure the ref knew he'd taken it inside and didn't have the vocabulary to say it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We need something to moan about?
(In case this is targeted at me…)

I’m absolutely not moaning. Mitoma was exceptional today - a true match winner and worthy of all the praise heaped upon him. I hope he gets a highlight piece on MOTD this evening.

I was simply surprised at how many people on the Mitoma thread thought his imaginary card waving was perfectly acceptable. I thought my own view - that it’s not acceptable for any player, ours and otherwise - would be the one shared by most.

…so I started this poll to see how out of kilter with the majority I am on this.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bloke has with 100% certainty studied English for at least a year so the "lacking vocabulary" excuse is pretty much out of the question.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That was my first instinct , but his English is pretty good on the interview I heard.

Not great but if it’s a Brighton player I don’t really mind
It was incredible. Imagine the reverse with a Brit player trying to do an interview in Japanese. I’m guessing he learnt at school maybe...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
(In case this is targeted at me…)

I’m absolutely not moaning. Mitoma was exceptional today - a true match winner and worthy of all the praise heaped upon him. I hope he gets a highlight piece on MOTD this evening.

I was simply surprised at how many people on the Mitoma thread thought his imaginary card waving was perfectly acceptable. I thought my own view - that it’s not acceptable for any player, ours and otherwise - would be the one shared by most.

…so I started this poll to see how out of kilter with the majority I am on this.
Not aimed at you, just a jokey reference to the fact that we actually have nothing to moan about. I normally hate imaginary card waving, don’t recall seeing it from an Albion player before. I confess I was surprised when I saw him doing it. It was a red card tackle though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here