Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players Return for Pre-Season (Video)

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Something is really bothering me. Obviously Nike is our kit sponsor, but for the gym / fitness work all the players are wearing Adidas Adiboost trainers. What’s that all about

Don't think there's anything in this. Numerous photos of players also in Nike and other branded footwear. Players have deals with various different manufacturers and those deals tend to include wearing that same brand of trainer for fitness/pre-match etc. I'm guessing you've just come across photos of those who have deals with Adidas

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't think there's anything in this. Numerous photos of players also in Nike and other branded footwear. Players have deals with various different manufacturers and those deals tend to include wearing that same brand of trainer for fitness/pre-match etc. I'm guessing you've just come across photos of those who have deals with Adidas

Maybe - and I’m not saying we are losing Nike. Just find it odd that all players I’ve seen are wearing the same Adidas trainer.

Even Duffy has them on with his PT in Ireland

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Something is really bothering me. Obviously Nike is our kit sponsor, but for the gym / fitness work all the players are wearing Adidas Adiboost trainers. What’s that all about

Yup. As [MENTION=38827]twr93[/MENTION] says, their trainers will be tied in with their individual boot deals and loads of them have Adidas deals right now - and why wouldn't you?

Last season, the regular starters wearing Adidas footwear were Tariq, Webster, Dunk, Ali Mac, Moder, Mwepu, Gross, Solly, Sarmiento, Tross and Welbeck. (Ref. your observation above about Duffy, he has a deal with Adidas too)

The rest had deals either with Nike (Big Bob, Veltman, Biss, Alzate and Caicelo) or Puma (Cucu, Lallana and Maupay)

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Maybe - and I’m not saying we are losing Nike. Just find it odd that all players I’ve seen are wearing the same Adidas trainer.

Even Duffy has them on with his PT in Ireland

Just coincidence I think, looks like Duffy has a deal with Adidas as do a number of other players in the squad. There are even websites dedicated to tracking player boot deals (footballbootsdb.com) on which you'll see that quite a large number of our squad have Adidas deals. Not sure if that something else about the quality of equipment Nike are producing

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
They used to train out at Sussex Uni for quite a while. I used to go watch them train when I was younger.

I ride through Stanmer and Uni quite a lot, I used to pass the whole squad occasionally running en masse through the park, always got a hello and a wave from the squad when I shouted "Hi Seagulls"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thanks all - good knowledge. All the players I saw in adidas match with the above!

scooter1

How soon is now?
I read recently that Nike had all but stopped sponsoring players, with the exception of their A* players(Ronaldo etc), which was one of the reasons Neymar went to Puma.
The deal with Adidas is supposedly simple as the player gets a loaded card and uses this as payment for the bits they want on-line. The value of the loaded card is higher in respect of the players profile.
I got this info from a players father who has this deal with Adidas, and as such the whole family are comfortably kitted out

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yup. As [MENTION=38827]twr93[/MENTION]

The rest had deals either with Nike (Big Bob, Veltman, Biss, Alzate and Caicelo) or Puma (Cucu, Lallana and Maupay)

I thought Cucu was espadrilles and Maupay wore Clarks Commandos?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The deal with Adidas is supposedly simple as the player gets a loaded card and uses this as payment for the bits they want on-line. The value of the loaded card is higher in respect of the players profile.
I got this info from a players father who has this deal with Adidas, and as such the whole family are comfortably kitted out

That's a really neat way of doing it. ****ing hell - I'd kill for one of those cards. :cry:

My son has a pair of Adidas Copa 19.3 in white for matches on grass (they are a thing of pure beauty), a pair of Adidas Ghosted.3 in green for training and matches on the 3G and a pair of Adidas Predator turf boots for ParkRun and kicking a ball about about over the park; I have a pair of Adidas Copa's because I can't go on the 3G when my son's team trains without studded boots on and I've just bought my daughter a new pair of Adidas middle-distance spikes as she runs 400, 800 and 1500m at District level.

Get me ****ing card!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's a really neat way of doing it. ****ing hell - I'd kill for one of those cards. :cry:

My son has a pair of Adidas Copa 19.3 in white for matches on grass (they are a thing of pure beauty), a pair of Adidas Ghosted.3 in green for training and matches on the 3G and a pair of Adidas Predator turf boots for ParkRun and kicking a ball about about over the park; I have a pair of Adidas Copa's because I can't go on the 3G when my son's team trains without studded boots on and I've just bought my daughter a new pair of Adidas middle-distance spikes as she runs 400, 800 and 1500m at District level.

Get me ****ing card!

You all need to get out more..

Oh, I didn't think that through properly did I?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nice new video published from the training camp in Portugal. Enciso CAN take a penalty.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nice new video published from the training camp in Portugal. Enciso CAN take a penalty.

Loving this pre-season content from the club. The training videos are fun and the interviews are re-connecting us with the players as we approach the new season. My Albion Mojo (which was always fairly high anyway) is only going higher with all this great content.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Loving this pre-season content from the club. The training videos are fun and the interviews are re-connecting us with the players as we approach the new season. My Albion Mojo (which was always fairly high anyway) is only going higher with all this great content.

:thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Latest training video...

Key question - has Graham shaved his beard off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here