Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players released from the Premiership

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Jonathon Spector would be an interesting one, I thought he did okay in some of the games I saw, can play across the back four or in midfield. Doubt his wages would be horrendous either, he'd make a good holding player behind Bridcutt and Dicker.

Spector is awful, one good game against Man Utd in the CC does not a player make.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Kevin Philips from that list. I'd really like to see him here.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Jlloyd Samuel?

He's never been able to hold down a first team spot in the prem and went out on loan to Cardiff at the tail end of last season. If he wants regular football he's going to have to move down to the championship.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Spector is awful, one good game against Man Utd in the CC does not a player make.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Kevin Philips from that list. I'd really like to see him here.

Spector has played over a 100 premier league games, 30 odd internationals, and he's only 25. I don't think that makes him awful, and I think the Championship would be a good level for him to be honest.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Three promising youngsters at top clubs who haven't quite been able to make it caught my eye:

• Tom Cruise (Arsenal, has played in the knockout stages of the Champions League)
  • Michael Woods (Chelsea, though should already be on our books)
  • Danny Philliskirk (was expected to go on to very big things at Chelsea, but still must be worth a trial)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here