Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Released from other clubs

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to get Sidwell.
As would I, but where does he fit into a central midfield that will already have Crofts, Stephens, Ince and too a lesser extent JFC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where ever he likes as he's better than all of them.
I guess the point I was badly making is, central midfield isn't where the money will need spending.

Goalie, right back, left back, covering centre back, possibly a winger (or two) & god forbid a centre forward, will need to be looked at before we start challenging Crofts position.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I guess the point I was badly making is, central midfield isn't where the money will need spending.

Goalie, right back, left back, covering centre back, possibly a winger (or two) & god forbid a centre forward, will need to be looked at before we start challenging Crofts position.

Agreed, though a hard working midfield, It does lack a quality player on the ball, especially if we go up.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I think we should be after the like of Ashley Barnes and Adam El Abd regardless whether we up or not :fishing:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
We should surely chase one of the holy trinity that got us into the Championship and will be playing Prem football next year regardless.And get Noone back too. He's been Cardiff's only shining light.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We should surely chase one of the holy trinity that got us into the Championship and will be playing Prem football next year regardless.And get Noone back too. He's been Cardiff's only shining light.
For a couple of games, just before he was injured out of the season.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I agree Benno would be a superb addition and he deserves prem football (am i getting ahead of myself) SEAGULLS

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'd have Nooney back in a heartbeat. Lovely bloke, and has really acquitted himself in the prem. And he bloody LOVED it here too!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd have Nooney back in a heartbeat. Lovely bloke, and has really acquitted himself in the prem. And he bloody LOVED it here too!!

This 100% - if we are promoted then obviously no, but I think Noone can get you promoted.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
This 100% - if we are promoted then obviously no, but I think Noone can get you promoted.

The only person happier to see Nooney back than me would be the manager of the Marina Nando's!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of the four you mention, Steve would be my 1st choice, he knows what Box to Box means
That's incredibly tough on Crofts.
Although Stephens is yet to win me over, there's obviously enough there to not push him out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Irrespective as to what division we're in next season, I'd be gutted if Noone returned.
Lovely fella and all that but such a step back from what we have already.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Irrespective as to what division we're in next season, I'd be gutted if Noone returned.
Lovely fella and all that but such a step back from what we have already.

None of our attacking players have played Prem level like Nooney! I would rather have him than the every so often luxury of Buckley!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
None of our attacking players have played Prem level like Nooney! I would rather have him than the every so often luxury of Buckley!
Ali Dia has played Prem level like Nooney.

Playing is one thing, being effective is something else entirely.
Feel free to trot out the 2 or 3 games that Noone has made a difference in.
But when you do don't conveniently forget about the 2 full seasons that CN has run down blind channels, not passed, not shot, and crossed to row z, just like he did with us.

I'd take the sick-noted goal scoring Buckley over Noone all day long, in the hope one day he can be 'cure'.
Noone will never be the player Buckley could be.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Ali Dia has played Prem level like Nooney.

Playing is one thing, being effective is something else entirely.
Feel free to trot out the 2 or 3 games that Noone has made a difference in.
But when you do don't conveniently forget about the 2 full seasons that CN has run down blind channels, not passed, not shot, and crossed to row z, just like he did with us.
So why did Mackay spend 1mill on him and why does Solksjaer pick him . Are they both wrong and not as qualified as you to see that he was crap the 2 seasons he was with us! Oh and why did Gus sign him and continue to play him, if he was as bad as you say he was!
Buckley could be a great player,yes but Crystal Palace could be a great team! Buckley has the chance in the next 2 games to impress when it matters, if you cannot motivate yourself for these sort of games then it is all COULD BE,SHOULD BE!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here