Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players ratings

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
'Rooney did well' :lolol: Wasn't the worst on the pitch but I don't think you can say he did well. Difference between a decent player and a 'world class' player were really highlighted in the Rooney/Suarez battle last night. Suarez is in the same league as Ronaldo and Messi in my opinion, Rooney isn't even close.

So to play well you have to be a world class player? There was only one world class player on the pitch last night and regrettably, he was in a blue shirt.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
'Rooney did well' :lolol: Wasn't the worst on the pitch but I don't think you can say he did well. Difference between a decent player and a 'world class' player were really highlighted in the Rooney/Suarez battle last night. Suarez is in the same league as Ronaldo and Messi in my opinion, Rooney isn't even close.

Baines, Jagielka, Gerrard and Sturridge in particular should be pretty ashamed of their performances. Welbeck was just as shit as we expected him to be.

Not a chance Hodge will keep his job, but god knows who we can bring in to sort out the current mess.

Add Cahill, Hart, and it seems illegal to criticise subs on NSC but Barkley did nothing but pass to Uruguayans - I thought he was our big hope.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hart - 6
Johnson - 5
Baines - 5
Jagielka - 4
Cahill - 6
Henderson - 6
Gerrard - 5
Welbeck - 5
Stirling - 6
Sturridge - 6
Rooney - 6

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Hart - 0 I don't think he actually made any save?
Johnson - 5
Baines - 5
Jagielka - 4
Cahill - 6
Henderson - 6
Gerrard - 5
Welbeck - 6
Sterling - 5
Sturridge - 6
Rooney - 7

Subs were laughable really. Our first choices are okay apart from 1 or 2, but Lallana & Barkley are, despite all the hype, same way off at the moment.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The whole 'we played well against Italy' thing is quite perplexing. We passed the ball, got nowhere, created nothing and got done by two incisive finishes. By that logic, Brighton played well in every game last season.

Uruguay has a population of 3 million and are playing players like Sebastian Coates, who has made what, 10 first team appearances in the last three years? Oh and they got smashed by Costa Rica last week. They are not a good side by any means, and to not even take a point against them whilst in the predicament we were in is extremely poor.

Also, Danny Welbeck is not even close to being 'the best Hodgson could pick'. As for bringing off Sterling after 60 mins.. clueless.

The 'whole we played well against Italy thing' turning defeat into some form of victory is symptomatic of the ethos running through the minds of those who seek to guide us in this country, particulalryl the last government. Everyone must be a winner, where were the hard men last night, who was the ball winner, did anyone raise their voice to another member of the team, who could be picked to be any one of those? After watching England lose to NZ last week in the rugby one of the forwards being interviewed remarked..... i'm dispondent, I take no lessons, there are no positives from this, we came here to win and we didn't..... Compare that to the hype of how well we played against Italy as an excuse for losing. When you compete, in a tournament you compete to win, we're not building a team for the future (heard that too many times before), we're not learning lessons(how much resource have this squad had at their disposal) and I can't see a single positive in last nights game. But it was always going to happen, we lost and thats it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
And we know they are always accurate :lol: I just don't get this sycophantic following of Rooney, he simply does not live up to the reputation or expectation.

That's the whole problem, you're judging him by an over hyped media reputation rather than his actual performance.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's the whole problem, you're judging him by an over hyped media reputation rather than his actual performance.

No Jimmy, I'm not. I'm judging him by his overall lack of ability. Failure to convert chances from 6 yards out and his lack of pace to threaten opposition's defences. 3 world cups and he's got 1 goal. Poor.

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
Hart 7
Johnson 4
Jag 4
Cahill 7 - needs a decent partner
Baines 5
Gerrard 5
Henderson 6
Welbeck 3 - Hardly touched the ball
Rooney 6
Sterling 7 - held back by inexperience
Sturridge 7

Barkley 6 - masses of potential

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hart 7
Johnson 4
Jag 4
Cahill 7 - needs a decent partner
Baines 5
Gerrard 5
Henderson 6
Welbeck 3 - Hardly touched the ball
Rooney 6
Sterling 7 - held back by inexperience
Sturridge 7

Barkley 6 - masses of potential

Overall fair, but:

Baines better than Johnson? In that game, and Italy, in defence Baines was shocking - surely the no.1 duty of any fullback.

Hart - summed up by the media yesterday. Faced 4 shots on target in total over 2 games, and let in 4 goals. Made a monkey of at 2 successive Uruguay corners with an attempt to sneak a goal at the near post. Made himself as tiny as possible and committed low to his left in facing Suarez in the second goal. No where near as good as we thought he once might be.

Barkley - came on and did nothing, apart from greed and poor decision making. Young and loads of potential in his future career, but you don't earn marks for the future. Earned no points in this game alone.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Overall fair, but:

Baines better than Johnson? In that game, and Italy, in defence Baines was shocking - surely the no.1 duty of any fullback.

Hart - summed up by the media yesterday. Faced 4 shots on target in total over 2 games, and let in 4 goals. Made a monkey of at 2 successive Uruguay corners with an attempt to sneak a goal at the near post. Made himself as tiny as possible and committed low to his left in facing Suarez in the second goal. No where near as good as we thought he once might be.

Barkley - came on and did nothing, apart from greed and poor decision making. Young and loads of potential in his future career, but you don't earn marks for the future. Earned no points in this game alone.

Thought Baines couldn't defend OR attack. Dreadful. Nowhere near as good as Cole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here