Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players ratings Villa - Brighton

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Without Grealish we would have won that game comfortably, even with 10 men. EVERYTHING good came through him, best player on the pitch by a distance. He’s an irritating little shit but he is one hell of a player, sadly.

If we could get Emense on loan in January we'd have an intergalactically good midfield. Stephens played extremely well today I thought too.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Were you there ???

He was clueless and looked unwell I thought he was going to throw up ten minutes into the 2nd half.

Throwing up is a side effect of the defensive water boarding. As soon a season he crosses the halfway line. . . . :D

He really does need to watch some videos of himself playing attacking football . . .in the olden days.

Daveice

Nov 24, 2018
Won’t fault anyone apart from Mooy,who should of known better,we were a pleasure to watch at times,the tide will turn UTA.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Team performance was easily worthy of a point. Shud have been 3 and came away with 0. We f***** it up. 6/10

Spot on, if over 5 with zero reward is possible.

Life's too short to debate such trivialities, as long as we have BEER!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My view is that Montoya and Propper are lucky to be holding down a place at the moment.

If we're playing 4 at the back, i'd bring Duffy back alongside Dunk and move Webster to RB.

I'll call it that Alzate is a better footballer than Propper and is more likely to contribute assists and goals. Too many tame headers at the keeper and wayward hacks into row Z from Davy. Nice passer but completely ineffective in the final third and too many anonymous performances away from home. Alzate should start alongside Stephens in central midfield.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Wasn’t at the game, watched a stream. Can’t help feeling some of these ratings are really harsh. We had more possession than Villa and 20 shots despite playing for over an hour with ten men.

Ryan - 7 - some really good saves. Could do little with either goal
Montoya - 5 - showed up defensively
Webster - 7 - still finding his feet but showed his versatility again today
Dunk - 7 - so much better than Mings
Burn - 7 - resolute and some decent passing
Stephens - 8 - everywhere
Propper - 5 - a stinker. Another goal conceded when Propper fails to track his man. Hendrick vs Burnley, Grealish today
Mooy - 4 - Not sure why people are comparing his red to Andone. A totally different scenario. One of those days
Gross - 7 - worked so hard. Great delivery for the goal
Connolly - 6 - some great runs. Heaton was so quick off his line for his one on one
Maupay - 8 - I thought it was one of his best games in a Brighton shirt. We were finished going forward when he came off. MOTM

March - 6 - wasteful at times but nowhere near as bad as people are saying. A good outlet and nearly scored
Alzate - 6 -
Duffy - 6 -

Potter - 7 it looked like he had done a job on Villa until the red. Loved his approach after half time, taking the game back to them. My only question would be why not bring on Murray for Maupay. Experienced head who would have held it up and bought free kicks. Imagine that scenario under Hughton though - it would have been white flag time

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just home. God that was frustrating. We were absolutely all over them until Mooy’s stupidity - poor from a player as good and experienced as him and like Andone vs Saints I’m certain this cost us 3 points. We’d have walked it with 11 men, that 30 mins was just beautiful to watch. I thought we also still did well in the second half - carved them open a few times with some lovely football.

Happy with most of the performances. Surprised at the lowish marks for Montoya, thought he did plenty of decent work. Stephens and Pröpper were fine, the CBs were all pretty decent and Maupay was a handful (but should have done better with some of his chances).

March however looked utterly lost - not fit, on no wavelength with anyone else and knackered after 20 mins. Alzate on the other hand looked total class when he came on - can’t believe the composure the lad has.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Webster struggled with Wesley pretty much all game, and was unfortunately had a fault in both goals given away.

Mooy until he got sent off was easily the best player on the pitch, just oozes class and composure on the ball. Stupid split second decision today by him cost us the win but to say he should be ashamed today is surprising.

March was absolutely dreadful when he came on, looked like he had no idea what instructions had been given to him or what his actual role was. Completely different player to the one of last season and the one who started this. And pace and runs? What on earth was you watching? He looked slower than Gross and after being on for 15 minutes look completely knackered. The decision to put him upfront baffled many of us there today. Alzate should have come on at half-time instead of him.

You truly are clueless about March. He played extremely well, beyond the fact that he had an easy opportunity to set up Stephens on the counter, and overhit his pass.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You truly are clueless about March. He played extremely well, beyond the fact that he had an easy opportunity to set up Stephens on the counter, and overhit his pass.

I genuinely didn’t think he played well at all and he was on our side of the pitch so had a pretty decent view. Several bad decisions, gave the ball away a few times, one total misunderstanding with someone else (can’t recall who), couldn’t track back properly after 20 mins as he was knackered, seemed reluctant to go forward into space (maybe following instructions so not going to flame him too much for that). He just looked a bit off the pace (hardly surprising) and not quite on everyone else’s wavelength. He’ll soon be back to his best.

Guess we all see things differently (or in your world, I assume that makes me clueless)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Most on here who were there today have said the same thing about Solly today. He looked unwell.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I genuinely didn’t think he played well at all and he was on our side of the pitch so had a pretty decent view. Several bad decisions, gave the ball away a few times, one total misunderstanding with someone else (can’t recall who), couldn’t track back properly after 20 mins as he was knackered, seemed reluctant to go forward into space (maybe following instructions so not going to flame him too much for that). He just looked a bit off the pace (hardly surprising) and not quite on everyone else’s wavelength. He’ll soon be back to his best.

Guess we all see things differently (or in your world, I assume that makes me clueless)

I saw him tear up their right back on more than one occasion, and set up a number of opportunities for his team mates in a half when we were better than them despite being a player down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here