Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players out of contract

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
From that list Ince has signed a new contract and Barnes is gone. Take into account Ward and Andrews are only on loan and I'd assume that we may get another couple of players in on loan shortly to have a go at the playoffs. Should we succeed, there would almost certainly be a big rebuilding programme next year anyway.

I am coming around to the occasionally muted suggestion on NSC that we will do the best we can this season but are going to have a mega clear out at the end of the season, giving Oscar the opportunity to build his own squad almost from scratch, regardless of where we finish this season.

Risky but possibly a very exciting close season and it would take at least a month of next season for the team to gel.

Do you see the above as a likely scenario? If so are there any players in the list of out of contract players that we are likely to be able to hang onto, should we choose?

PIG will almost certainly leave, assuming we're still in the championship. I can also see Lua Lua attracting interest from other top Championship clubs.

That said, I would imagine that we would try and retain those two. Short term deals for Calde, Bruno and Upson - they may go elsewhere if anyone wants to give them 2 years. Longer deal for Orlandi. On current form, I can't imagine Dave will get a new deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here