Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players Autographs/selfies

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but after the recent 'banning' of players signing autographs and selfies with kids, the club has come up with a solution in a typical Brighton way = brilliant.

Apparently before each home game 8 kids are randomly selected to meet the players 2 hours before KO and get autographs and take selfies.

For free. Names are pulled out of the computer hat and parents called.

Got a call today from the club as my daughter has been selected to meet the players which happens to be a couple of days before her birthday. To say she's buzzing is an understatement.

Yes some kids have been left disappointed because of the clubs stance due to the dickheads causing trouble but I think this is another great initiative from the club imo to get around it. I hadn't heard of this before.

:albion2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but after the recent 'banning' of players signing autographs and selfies with kids, the club has come up with a solution in a typical Brighton way = brilliant.

Apparently before each home game 8 kids are randomly selected to meet the players 2 hours before KO and get autographs and take selfies.

Got a call today from the club as my daughter has been selected to meet the players which happens to be a couple of days before her birthday. To say she's buzzing is an understatement.

Yes some kids have been left disappointed because of the clubs stance due to the dickheads causing trouble but I think this is another great initiative from the club imo to get around it. I hadn't heard of this before.

So how many selfies did you get then? :lol:

Nicksinclair13

Oct 28, 2023
My boy was luckily one of the first to get picked for this (I assumed it was alphabetical because his and a couple of the others names started with A - may be a coincidence)…

Was such an amazing experience - you get to wait by the pitch as they make their way from the lounge to the dressing room… try and get your kid to think of some things to ask and talk about if you can. I think the players are so used to just giving pictures that they don’t really talk unless you engage with them. You will get a lot more out of it if you get a bit of chat going as they sign stuff.

Soak it up and enjoy!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Great to see this in action and to silence the very vocal critics who just love to complain about our club.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wonder who is eligible is it just STH kids or anybody under a certain age who has a ticket purhchased for said game

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I wonder who is eligible is it just STH kids or anybody under a certain age who has a ticket purhchased for said game

My daughter was selected because I'd bought her a ticket as an A+ member for the game. The Customer Service Advisor said it's for kids who have tickets to the game. I'm a STH but I don't think that had a bearing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Was it 'dickheads causing trouble' tho, or was it just sheer weight of numbers making it unsustainable? Imagine being an obliging kind of player, Mitoma say, and having to stop for everybody who wanted a selfie. Say 30 seconds per selfie as an absolute minimum. You'd be there for bloody hours!

I think the club's way forward is the right way. And as for your daughter getting pulled out of the hat? Nice one, hope you both have a great time!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Was it 'dickheads causing trouble' tho, or was it just sheer weight of numbers making it unsustainable? Imagine being an obliging kind of player, Mitoma say, and having to stop for everybody who wanted a selfie. Say 30 seconds per selfie as an absolute minimum. You'd be there for bloody hours!

I think the club's way forward is the right way. And as for your daughter getting pulled out of the hat? Nice one, hope you both have a great time!
A mix of the two possibly. Certainly there were some touts selling signed merchandise online who were becoming a problem since they were there every game and growing in number.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

One knob followed solly and his new born baby all the way to the players car park. I mean what sort of plank thinks that is acceptable?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If the Luton / Spurs /Sheff United thread is anything to go by it will be open only to 1901 ticket holders and their adult children

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Went to this last night along with my daughter and 7 other yoofs. Well organised by the club, in one of the lounges a couple of hours before KO.

She got autographs and selfies from almost all the players in the starting XI last night and she was absolutely thrilled by it. Especially when RDZ stopped and gave her a hug.

It's open to any kids who purchase a ticket for a game, names pulled out in random.

Another brilliant activity by the club. :albion2:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Bouncing this to tell a slightly mad story that happened today. Context: my wife and two kids, boy of 13 and girl of 9, are Spurs fans. I have come to accept this. They’re all Londoners, it’s Mrs Pevensey Bay’s family club, etc etc.

So: today was Spurs open training. We got tickets through our kids’ memberships. A pleasant hour or so at White Hart Lane watching a training session. The players walked around the pitch afterwards and signed autographs for a select group of kids (not ours) who’d been drawn from a hat and were allowed to meet them by the tunnel.

We had a sandwich in the stadium cafe and mooched around the club shop.

But then: as we walked away we noticed a series of very posh cars driving away from the stadium and stopping at the lights at the corner of Park Lane and Tottenham High Road (by the Beavertown pub). A small crowd gathered around the stopped cars and basically forced them to stop, sign autographs, and take pictures. My kids got a pic with Bissouma and Emerson Royal, and a woman pushed her son’s wheelchair in front of Hojbjerg’s car (!) until he signed a shirt. The kid, to be fair to him, looked the happiest I have ever seen a child.

Two stewards emerged from the stadium and tried to control things with not a lot of success. There was someone repeatedly pressing the pedestrian crossing button to keep the lights red. Full marks to Vicario for ignoring the pushy adults and signing for my daughter; no marks for Pape Sarr who drove at a terrifyingly illegal speed while kids were in the road.

Anyway my point is: almost everything in football nowadays is controlled very tightly. This was not. It was quite dangerous, but obviously great fun, and dozens of kids (and some adults) absolutely loved it. It’s quite possible Spurs won’t do another open training session at their stadium.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here