Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Blayney 8 - Some vital saves.

Mayo 7 - A good, solid return to the team.
Butters 7.5 - Largely untroubled by an uninspired Hull side, comfortable in the air.
El Abd 7.5 - Strong, powerful, improving every game.
Reid 7 - Much improved in his (more) natural position.

Frutos 6.5 - In and out.
Oatway 8 - Aside from the goal, played very well. Apart from one interesting cross.
Hammond 6.5 - Okay, but passing iffy and missed another sitter.
Carole 7.5 - Fantastic goal, faded a little in the second half.

Kazim-Richards 8.5* - No goal, but excellent up front; great touch, strong and determined.
Hart 6.5 - Worked hard without really getting too involved.

Subs: McCammon 7, Robinson 6.

On the subject of you-know-who ... no comment. I just can't be arsed.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Blayney 9
Reid 6
El Abd 7
Butters 7
Mayo 6
Carole 8
Hammond 7
Oatway 8
Frutos 7
Kazim 8
Hart 7

McCammon 7
Robinson 6

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Blayney 8

Reid 5
Mayo 7
Butters 7
El-Abd 8

Carole 9
Frutos 6
Oatway 8
Hammond 6

Hart 7
CKR 8

Subs: Big Mac 7 Robinson 6

Blayney 8 - three absolutely superb saves. The first one was Gordon Banks stuff, the second one was a carbon copy of the Glen Little goal at Withdean, but he kept it out. Brilliant.

Reid 6.5 - Classy on the ball
Butters 6 - didn't think this was one of Tank's better games, under a hell of a lot of pressure from Hull's long-ball game in the first half.
El Abd 7 - Had a superb second half, after that problematic first half.
Mayo 5.5 - Very nervous, distribution not quite good enough.

Carole 9 - absolutely brilliant. Remarkable turn for the goal never mind the shot, I'll say now, has there been a more gifted Albion player on the ball, EVER? Legend in the making.
Oatway 7 - Mr consistency, hearbeat of the team
Hammond 6.5 - developing well but still has a few rough edges
Frutos 5 - Peripheral

Kazim-Richards 8 - His best performance in an Albion shirt - has really repaid McGhee's faith, but he can get better if he works harder at timing his runs. Has an amazing shot on him.
Hart 7 - fine performance from the stalwart, did the chasing work up front that we need from at least one of the striking pair.

McCammon 7 - soaked up the Hull second-half pessure like a sponge. Won about a dozen headers and flick-ons. Injured himself for the team. How people can bait this whole-hearted player, I'll never know.
Robinson 6 - worked hard in his short stint.

McGhee 8 Selection of Hart and CKR excellent, brought on Big Mac at exactly the right time :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Blayney 8 - Good performance in his last game for us (for now anyway) 3 great saves albeit one of them was offside anyway.

Reid 7 - Nothing special but did nothing wrong.
Mayo 6.5 - Made a difference in terms of defensive positioning but too many balls went out of play or to the opposition.
Butters 7 - 100% effort and done well, fortunately for us their forwards wern't the fastest.
El-Abd 7 - Good game, as already said is getting better all the time.

Frutos 6.5 - Not one of his best games, no surprise when he was replaced.
Oatway 8 - Whole hearted performance capped with a great goal, dont care what people say, we miss him when he doesnt play.
Hammond 6 - Not the player he was at the start of the season and tonights performance had too many simple mistakes for my liking.
Carole 8 - Great goal, very good performance, great signing. Nuff said.

Kazim Richards 9 - MOM. Quite possibly the most skillful and instinctive player I've ever seen for Brighton. Superb tonight never gave the ball away and was always dangerous.
Hart 7 - You know what you're gonna get from OGH and tonight was no different, 100% commitment and linked up well with CKR.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
London Irish said:
Carole 9 - absolutely brilliant. Remarkable turn for the goal never mind the shot, I'll say now, has there been a more gifted Albion player on the ball, EVER?

. . . . . . . . and I'll say to you, " You're letting the elation of the result get the better of your judgement."

You posed a question so you deserve an answer. There has "been a more gifted Albion player on the ball, EVER." He was the one "who must score" but didn't. As good as he is Carole has a long way to go to match the skills that Smudge used to display in an Albion shirt.

nobody's dupe said:
. . . . . . . . and I'll say to you, " You're letting the elation of the result get the better of your judgement."

You posed a question so you deserve an answer. There has "been a more gifted Albion player on the ball, EVER." He was the one "who must score" but didn't. As good as he is Carole has a long way to go to match the skills that Smudge used to display in an Albion shirt.

Fair enough, before my time, but I'm pleased you had to go back more than 20 years, so it was worth asking the question.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Blayney 7 - Some great saves, some dodgy moments.

Mayo 7 - Nice to have a left-footed option at the back, but lacking fitness
Butters 7.5 - Strong in the air, one of few players in the side with any positional sense
El Abd 7 - at fault for goal, all over the place in the first half, redeemed himself with solid second half display
Reid 6 - still not the form of last season, low on confidence

Frutos 5 - quiet and not effective
Oatway 7.5 - good performance, but all over the place. Great goal
Hammond 6 - Should have scored one, not the same without Chippy
Carole 8 - Great goal, great running, not as effective on the left

Kazim-Richards 8* - superb workrate, cracking drives
Hart 7 - Caused all kinds of problems with his running, although didn't create much on the ball

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Blayney 7

Reid 6
Butters 7
El Abd 6
Mayo 6

Frutos 6
Hammond 6
Oatway 8
Carole 9

CKR 9
Hart 7

Last edited:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Blayney 8

Reid 8
Butters 5
El Abd 8
Mayo 6

Frutos 6
Hammond 6
Oatway 7
Carole 9

CKR 8
Hart 7

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blayney 8

Reid 7
Butters 6
El Abd 8
Mayo 6

Frutos 6
Hammond 6
Oatway 7
Carole 8.5

CKR 9.5
Hart 8

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Blayney 8

Reid 8
Butters 7
El Abd 8
Mayo 7

Frutos 6
Hammond 6
Oatway 7
Carole 9

CKR 8
Hart 7

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Mayo 7 - Nice to have a left-footed option at the back, but lacking fitness

only match fitness, which after a 3 month layoff is only to be expected

Last edited:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I still can't believe Carole got MOM ahead of El Abd! Yes he had some nice touches and scored a great goal but El Abd made some geat tackles. Carole seemed to flitter in and out whereas El Abd was everpresent. But who cares 3pts :clap2:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Jello said:
I still can't believe Carole got MOM ahead of El Abd! Yes he had some nice touches and scored a great goal but El Abd made some geat tackles. Carole seemed to flitter in and out whereas El Abd was everpresent. But who cares 3pts :clap2:

Match sponsors chose the mom! and there have been many iffy mom's before now! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here