Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Shaaban 7 facing a never-ending tide in the first half, but made some decent saves

Harding 7 caught out in the first half a few times, but improved
Butters 6 stuggled against the pace of the Wigan strikers, gave away a lot of free kicks
Hinsh 6 put under immense pressure, did his best but also struggled
Reid 6 not at his best, exposed on occasions

Knight 8.5 some superb dead-ball deliveries, dangerous with the ball at his feet
Oatway 5 wayward passing, generally outclassed
Nicolas 5 fought hard, but didn't really get involved
Hart 7 worked hard, threatened intermittently

Virgo 8 rivalled Knight for MOM, worked hard & quality throughout, took goal well
McCammon 5 a presence, but finishing was far too wasteful for this level

Subs: McPhee 7, Hammond 7 both looked good, should be in contention for Reading Watson 6 nice free-kick, not a great deal to do

The 4-4-2 system just isn't working; we're looking vunerable at the back and out-classed in midfield too often. Against a quality side like Wigan, we needed the extra man in defence to sweep and someone else in the middle to cut off Bullard and Kavanagh. Back to 3-5-2 asap, hopefully.

Last edited:

SAKE Toad, Big Mac was the only player showing any fight at all in the first half hour, Leon 8.5 :lolol:

Shaaban 6 Some nice saves, no bad errors

Reid 6 One nice run, unlucky to be subbed.
Butters 5.5 Had big problems with Roberts
Hinsh 5 Anonymous
Harding 6 Scrapped hard

Knight 6 Some fine corners but needs to improve his relationship with refs
Oatway 6 Never took a backward step
Nicolas 5 Erm......
Hart 5 Struggled to lose his markers

Virgo 6.5 Nice goal, but faded a bit earlier than usual
McCammon 7 A real handful, gets into goal-scoring positions better than any Brighton player I've seen this season - shame one of those headers didn't go in.

McPhee 6 Unlucky with the header against the bar
Hammond 7 A fine display - never overawed
Watto 6 Tidy but little to do

McGhee 7 Was right to attack Wigan, there's no way a defensive formation would have stopped a rampant Wigan.

Wigan, the best team at Withdean this season, shame about some of the sloppy defending but the Albion recovered pride with the two goals. Forget about this game, next week we play the team not good enough to beat relegated Rotherham.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
SAKE Toad, Big Mac was the only player showing any fight at all in the first half hour

Sure, but four decent chances going begging costs the team. What you call a shame can equally be called poor finishing, well though he did do otherwise.

There was no other player in the team who would have got those four chances - only one of those headers was one you'd have said he should definitely have done better with, all the others were stolen off Wigan defenders whose challenges prevented the downward angles on the headers. No doubt you'd prefer a player up front like Knight who wouldn't get near those headers in the first place? Shoot the guy busting a gut to get us a goal why doncha.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Shaaban 6

Reid 6
Butters 5
Hinsh 6
Harding 5

Knight 6
Oatway 5
Nicolas 5
Hart 5

Virgo 7
McCammon 7
----------------------------------------------------------------------
McPhee 5
Hammond 6
Watson 5

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Shaaban 6

Reid 6
Butters 6
Hinsh 5
Harding 6

Knight 7
Oatway 6
Nicolas 6
Hart 5 6

Virgo 7
McCammon 6

McPhee 6 Hammond 6 Watto 6

Wigan are good side without really having to work hard for it, they had good ability and confidence

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
No doubt you'd prefer a player up front like Knight who wouldn't get near those headers in the first place?
When Leon moved more central late on he won Virgo's cross and made a chance with an excellent flick on.

Last edited:

Silent Bob said:
When Leon moved more central late on he won Virgo's cross and made a chance with an excellent flick on.

I'm sure he did, he's a fine player, but he won't win us games from corners as Big Mac did against Sunderland.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
I'm sure he did, he's a fine player, but he won't win us games from corners as Big Mac did against Sunderland.

What sort of argument is that? Of course Knight wont win us f***ing games from headers at corners you tool.

His deliveries COULD have won us the game today if anyone in the middle was capable of heading the ball downwards.

Do you post such bias dribble just to wind people up?

Oh...and McCammon WONT score goals like Knights at Bramell Lane.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Richie Morris said:

His deliveries COULD have won us the game today if anyone in the middle was capable of heading the ball downwards.

You should have stopped that line after the words "if anyone was in the middle". At least three times in the second half tonight I counted at least six Wigan defenders in their box and not a single Albion player.

The worst one was when McCammon was free down the left, looked up to cross and there were seven, yes seven Wigan players in the box and no Albion player within 10 yards of the area. How the f*** are we going to score goals playing like that?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Or when Virgo knocked in a great cross from the left and McCammon was trotting about ten feet from the half way line.

We need bodies in the box because Leon's deliveries are first class.

Ah, the wit and the wisdom of the fanzine genius.....the unique look-at-me childishness never changes.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
Ah, the wit and the wisdom of the fanzine genius.....the unique look-at-me childishness never changes.

What are you on about?

What is look at me about saying that although I think Oatway has been good this year he was poor tonight and that your comment about Knight not winning us games from corners is rubbish because that is not his job and he contributed lots in other areas?

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Shaaban 6.5 Not much he could do on the goals, not many saves to make

Harding 4 Couldn't pass, couldn't tackle. Plays 1 good game in about 10 :shootself
Butters 5 stuggled against the pace of the Wigan strikers, gave away a lot of free kicks, didn't organise the defence
Hinsh 6 put under immense pressure, did his best but also struggled
Reid 6 not at his best, exposed on occasions

Knight 7 some superb deliveries, he dithers about trying to beat the man instead of crossing straight away sometimes
Oatway 5 wayward passing, generally outclassed
Nicolas 5 fought hard, but didn't really get involved
Hart 7 worked hard, threatened intermittently

Virgo 8 worked hard, took goal well
McCammon 5 a presence, but finishing was far too wasteful for this level

Subs:
Watson 5 why was he brought on?
McPhee 6.5 fairly lively, it was him that hit the bar right?
Hammond 7 scored, and the midfield looked better with him in there.

Richie Morris said:
What are you on about?

What is look at me about saying that although I think Oatway has been good this year he was poor tonight and that your comment about Knight not winning us games from corners is rubbish because that is not his job and he contributed lots in other areas?

Whatever, it's pointless discussing football with you when you're in one of your toddler-style attention-deficit-disorder moods.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
Whatever, it's pointless discussing football with you when you're in one of your toddler-style attention-deficit-disorder moods.

Discussing? Is that what you call it. To me it looked like I disagreed with you and you through your dummy out of your pram.

You make me laugh sometimes London Irish you really do...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
pfft, if you're not going to talk about how we played tonight you should both can it.:rolleyes:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Quite right. Im cannot be bothered with arguing with people anymore.

I actually thought that McCammon put a lot of effort in and produced some decent runs with the ball. He should have done better with the headers and I sometimes wish he would just have a shot sometimes because he gets himself in good positions.

Even though he missed the headers he still did well to get in the positions and I would have left him on. In the context of the overall performance, McCammon certainly should not be ashamed of how he played today.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Richie Morris said:
I sometimes wish he would just have a shot sometimes because he gets himself in good positions.
What about the time he had a prefect chance to lay it off to Leon t create a simple chance but he tried to beat two men and shoot? :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here