Reid 8

Knight 8
Carpenter 7.5
Nicolas 7
Hart 7

McCammon 7.5
McPhee 6

Subs: Mayo 6, Oatway 6.

Hard to pick a MOM out of that; not a great performance, but Reid was excellent at full-back and Knight threatened consistently on the left, plus setting up the goal. Pity he couldn't have stuck away the one at the end.

McPhee clearly wasn't fit & McGhee, to his credit, recognised this and replaced him - it was a blow to lose McCammon though, who was playing well up to his injury.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shaaban 8

Harding 7
Butters 6
Hinshelwood 7
Reid 8

Knight 9
Carpenter 8
Nicolas 8
Hart 8

McCammon 6
McPhee 3

Subs: Mayo 7, Oatway 7

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Shaaban 7

Harding 7
Butters 7
Hinshelwood 7
Reid 6

Knight 8
Carpenter 7
Nicolas 7
Hart 7

McCammon 5
McPhee 5

Subs: Mayo , Oatway .

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Shabaan----8
Harding------7
Butters------8
Hinsh--------7
Reid----------8
Knight-------8
Chippy-------7
Nicolas-------7
Hart----------8
MacG---------7
McPhee------6

Wendy 10

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
dougdeep said:
Shabaan----8
Harding------7
Butters------8
Hinsh--------7
Reid----------8
Knight-------8
Chippy-------7
Nicolas-------7
Hart----------8
MacG---------7
McPhee------6

Wendy 10

Wendy?

I didn't know that Deano had come on as sub. I must have missed the fact that he was in the sixteen. There's only one Wendy and that's our Mr Wilkins!

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Shaaban 7

Harding 7
Butters 7
Hinshelwood 7
Reid 7

Knight 8
Carpenter 7
Nicolas 8
Hart 8

McCammon 7
McPhee 6

Subs: Mayo 6, Oatway 6.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Shaaban 7

Reid 7
Hinshelwood 7
Butters 8
Harding 7

Knight 9
Carpenter 7
Nicolas 8
Hart 8

McCammon 8
McPhee 7

Subs:
Mayo 6,
Oatway 6.

Shaaban 7 Couple of good moments, caught out by one cross. Distribution ironically not as good as Yelldell's.

Reid 7 Calm presence and confident with the ball at his feet.
Butters 6 Some passes a bit astray today but his usual reliable self.
Hinsh 7 Timely interventions
Harding 8 Another excellent game from Dan, getting forward more and one brilliant tackle in the same spot that Akinbiyi embarrased him.

Nicolas 7 Good all-round game
Chippy 6 Passing not quite 100% but fine battling presence
OGH 6.5 Some good touches and his workrate earned him the goal
Leon 8 My MOTM just, on a low-key day for the team. Excellent work on the touchlines, where he'll probably now stay, he's the natural replacement for Currie as our most skilful player. Fantastic cross for the winner. But that last chance!, poor old Leon struggling to score in a brothel there, good job that wasn't for the game :lolol:

Big Mac 7 Competed well enough to make his point to Millwall he belongs at this level.
McPhee 5.5 Not great but good enough for a player coming back from a long lay-off, his inclusion allowed McGhee to leave the Sunderland shape untouched.

Mayo 8 Excellent contribution, lots of possession used wisely in the Millwall half.
Oatway 6 Made a good impact and improved our fluency in midfield.

McGhee 8 I liked the McPhee idea, didn't quite come off but kept the same players who did well together last week, which was good thinking. Both substitutions had a good impact.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why you all giving out 7 and 8s, we weren't good.

6 everyone, 7 Knight as he set up the goal. Shame he didn't score (although might help for contract negotiations that he didn't).

Silent Bob said:
Why you all giving out 7 and 8s, we weren't good.

I think the reason is because we defended well and showed good attitude. We defended poorly in both the Cardiff and Derby games.

I know there will be many who think we played better against Derby than today, but I don't agree. Millwall played very conservatively today and also defended well.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Millwall put out two banks of four and we weren't good enough to break it down (until injury time :drink: ).

....and they weren't good enough to break us down either, despite being play-off contenders, hence the good marks for players who made sure that happened.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But they're a very low scoring team anyway.

Although I was harsh giving Hinsh a 6 he was very composed, Reid and Harding were good as well. Butters solid but not his best performance.

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
Shaaban 7

Harding 7
Butters 8
Hinshelwood 8
Reid 8

Knight 5
Carpenter 6
Nicolas 8
Hart 7

McCammon 7
McPhee 6

Subs: Mayo 5, Oatway 4.

My MOM was probably Nicholas with Hinsh a close second.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Shaaban 7
Reid 7
Hinshelwood 6
Butters 5
Harding 6
Knight 6
Carpenter 6
Nicholas 7
Hart 5
McCammon 6
McPhee 4

Mayo 6
Oatway 5

No obvious MOM but agree with decision on Hart if only for his appearances milestone. and goal.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
LI - if you think that Yelldell is in the same league as Shabaan then I don't know what you're watching. Just by his presence on the pitch Shabaan gives our defence an air of confidence that they never had with Yelldell. In fact, I'd say they haven't had it since Roberts was last playing.

He didn't have much to do today, but I'm convinced our defence played better knowing he was behind them. They knew that any mistakes could be covered by him and, as a result, they didn't panic and make any. We'll be comfortably mid-table if, as expected, he signs on Monday.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Jim D said:
LI - if you think that Yelldell is in the same league as Shabaan then I don't know what you're watching. Just by his presence on the pitch Shabaan gives our defence an air of confidence that they never had with Yelldell. In fact, I'd say they haven't had it since Roberts was last playing.

He didn't have much to do today, but I'm convinced our defence played better knowing he was behind them. They knew that any mistakes could be covered by him and, as a result, they didn't panic and make any. We'll be comfortably mid-table if, as expected, he signs on Monday.

What he said, plus his distribution is very good, can kick with both feet and is fairly accurate with his drop kicks despite hitting a few orbiting satellites on its way to the opposition's penalty box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here