Calderon- 6
Ince- 8 MOM for me
JFC- 6
Holla- 5
Baldock- 6.5
O'Grady- 8

March- 6.5
Colunga- 5

Bruno was a joke today. Far better in midfield than right back. The guy just gave Arsenal a free run down their left flank way too many times

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Stockdale 7
Bruno 5
Dunk 7
Greer 3
Bennett 5
Holla 6
Ince 8
JFC 3
Calderon 6
Baldock 8
COG 8

Subs
March 7
Colunga 5

Yes that's about how I saw it. Greer and JFC definitely our worst players today and wonder how long Gordon can keep the captaincy for.

Dec 4, 2013
Stockdale 8
Bruno 7
Dunk 5
Greer 4
Bennett 7
Holla 6
Ince 5 (i thought he was atrocious first half, very good second)
JFC 3
Calderon 6
Baldock 6
COG 7

Subs
March 6
Colunga 6

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Dunk 6
Greer 5
Bennett 5
Holla 6
Ince 7
JFC 6
Calderon 6
Baldock 6
COG 7

Subs
March 6
Colunga 6

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Waited until I had watched it again before giving my ratings. That Robbie Savage is an irritating bloke, but he was spot on with a couple of things: 1) Brighton showed Arsenal far too much respect in the first half and should have got stuck in from kick-off, and 2) Brighton should have cleared their lines defensively much more quickly instead of trying to pass the ball out of defense against a team like Arsenal.

Anyway, another proper "game of two halves" with the second half restoring the Brighton fans' faith in the team.

Stockdale 7. A couple of very good saves. Not sure he had much chance with the goals.
Bruno 5. In the first half he frustratingly refused to pass the ball forward. Every time backwards or sideways. Not his best game. According to BT Sports he went off because he was injured.
Dunk 6. Some good stuff including a couple of forward runs in the second half, but not at his best and partly responsible for the third goal (.... boot the bloody ball up the field!)
Greer 4. A couple of flashes of Gordon at his best, but shown up far too often defensively and some very poor distribution. I think the time has come for him to gracefully retire. Would much prefer to see Hughes or Halford partnering Dunk in central defense.
Bennett 5. Not good enough defensively. I am beginning to wonder if he is what we really need at left back. I think we could find better.
Holla 6. Jointly at fault for the third goal, but great through ball to Baldock for our second. OK game.
Ince 8. Gets a 6 for his first half display and 9 for the second half when he was immense.
JFC 5. Joke of a replacement for Tex after his performance on Wednesday. Calunga or March should have started. Cannot compete at this level.
Calderon 6. Decent enough performance, but guilty of giving the ball away in dangerous situations in the 2nd half.
Baldock 7. Takes part of the blame for the first Arsenal goal, but overall one of his better games for us. Set up the first goal and scored the second. He and COG look to have a good partnership in the making.
COG 8 MOM. One of our better players in the 1st half and excellent in the 2nd. WE NEED TO HANG ON TO HIM.

Subs: March 7. Some good stuff from him. Played better with him on the park. Needs to work on his right foot, but always trying to make things happen.
Colunga. Not on long enough to rate, but what was he doing miscontrolling the ball and letting it run for a throw to Arsenal near the end when we had some good momentum building?

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
1st half:
Stockdale 7
Bruno 5
Greer 3
Dunk 4
Bennett 5

Holla 5
JFC 1 Was he on the pitch?
Ince 6

Calderon 5
Baldock 5
Ogrady 6

2nd half:
Stockdale 7
Bruno 7
Greer 5
Dunk 6
Bennett 6

Holla 6
JFC 2
Ince 8

Calderon 6
Baldock 7 for coming inside for the goal
Ogrady 8

March 6
Corlunga 6

I'm with you on these ratings.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale- 7

Bruno- 5
Greer- 4
Dunk- 5
Bennett- 6

Ince- 8 MoM
JFC- 4
Holla- 6
Calderon- 6
Baldock- 7 (wasted on the wing, mind)

O'Grady- 8

March- 7
Colunga- 5

I'll go with this. March needs to work on his final ball......so often in good positions (often of his own making) but then looking clueless as to what to do next.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
O'Grady 7.85 (95mins, 23 votes)

The Rest:
Ince 7.41 (95mins, 23 votes)
Stockdale 7.00 (95mins, 22 votes)
Baldock 6.86 (95mins, 22 votes)
>March 6.42 (31mins, 19 votes)
Calderon 6.05 (95mins, 22 votes)
Holla 5.84 (95mins, 22 votes)
<Bruno 5.68 (63mins, 22 votes)
Dunk 5.64 (95mins, 22 votes)
J. Bennett 5.59 (95mins, 22 votes)
>Colunga 5.06 (12mins, 17 votes)
Greer 4.50 (95mins, 22 votes)
<Forster-Caskey 4.00 (83mins, 22 votes)

Squad average: 5.99

Oddly, despite the largest attendance ever, there were 12 matches this season alone that garnered more responses.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/913998/Live/England-FA-Cup-2014-2015-Brighton-Arsenal

Scores roughly correspond to what I think. Their ratings do not include pace, running off the ball and influence.

Bruno always seems to get low scores. He did a lot of running to get back to stop the Arsenal breakaways. Stockdale, Dunk and Ince all deserve a 7.5 for keeping the score down. Do we mark Joe Bennett down a full point by getting completely skinned by Chambers?

Scores start at 6 and get marked up and down, so subs and players subbed get lower scores.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here