Player Ratings???

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Lua Lua in for Spanish Dave 2 but same 4 2 3 1 set up as Saturday
both were attacking line ups with very different outcomes

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Much harder than normal, including 2 sliding tackles (!!), but still not as hard as one would ideally like to see.

That's good to hear. I don't have a problem with him attacking talent. Just wish he tried a bit harder!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
For a manager who has built a reputation this season for a fairly conservative style of play, that was an unbelievably risky line-up.

March & Lua Lua aren't exactly well known for their defensive qualities so for them to provide the support that Andrews & Stephens needed, was a superb effort.

For that reason, they all get a 10

And I wasn't even there

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
For a manager who has built a reputation this season for a fairly conservative style of play, that was an unbelievably risky line-up.

March & Lua Lua aren't exactly well known for their defensive qualities so for them to provide the support that Andrews & Stephens needed, was a superb effort.

For that reason, they all get a 10

And I wasn't even there

I agree - a brave team selection with an element of risk. Leicester normally play a very expansive game which means there are gaps to be exploited - if you are good enough. Our result at The Amex showed we are very capable of beating them - so why not have a real go at them? The Leicester players may have been a bit jaded but still looked very dangerous. So that Albion line up was very brave and needed a real team effort to make it work, any weak links could have left us exposed but for once it was a complete team performance. Andrews and Stephens were particularly outstanding, which took the heat off March and KLL who both had strong games.

Most importantly we rediscovered the clinical finishing we found at Blackburn. Ulloa was a revelation compared to the Barnsley game.

Even that nice Mr Pawson didn't give us the benefit of the doubt on many occasions, so the outcome could have been an even more handsome victory. On top of that it was a very entertaining game, both on and off the pitch.

Well done to Oscar and the boys.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Koosh - 8
Calde - 7
Greer - 7
Upson - 8
Ward - 9
Andrews - 8
Stephens - 9 MoTM
March - 8
Lua Lua - 8
Lingard - 8
Leo - 8

Boy, what a performance! Up and at em the whole game. Leo could (should?) have had 2 more. We carried threat over the entire pitch and, although the total number of shots we had probably wasn't that high, our conversation rate was phenomenal.

Special mentions to Ward, who looks a real threat and solid at the back; Kaz, who proved he can play 90 mins; Andrews (I know, I know, who, on this performance, taken in isolation, was better than any game I've seen from Ince, hush my mouth); Stephens, who was involved in the late build up play for every goal and was immense; Lingard, who was even better than ever (I know I'm in the minority, but this lad is so visionary); and Leo, who has rediscovered where the net is and didn't ponce about at all.

Play remotely like this for our last 5 games and we'll be in the playoffs. Remarkable.

Glad you enjoyed the chat, we had a good old natter on NSC too.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
What were we like tucked away in that corner? Seemed loud and constant but was wondering what we sounded like from the Leicester end?

Won't do ratings for all as I'm shattered but thought march was motm! Lua lua and ulloa both just behind!

Sorry I didn't reply last night, fell asleep over a bottle of famous grouse. I was sat in the East stand and I thought the Brighton noise was brilliant. I also thought the home fans were good in the last 15 minutes. Best Brighton performance I've seen in years, so pleased I could make it after missing the home game against Leicester.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Worth driving home back to Brighton this morning.

All the normal was there, high possession, plenty of passes - "BUT" We showed soooo much more:-
Passionate, Hungry, closed down very quickly, movement was excellent, from the off we just attacked and made Leicester look stupid with our movement. This is what we have all been after, even if we had some how lost the game (which on the night was never going to happen) I would have been strangely pleased, as the way we played was superb, and what we are truly capable of. IMO the best I have seen home and away.

The atmosphere - Yes it was their party!!!!! re promotion, although again despite the 4-1 victory, the banter, songs, and all round atmosphere was the best away game this season from both us and Leicester.
29k attended, I wish we could get the Amex like that (not the attendances) but the fact that the away fans (us) were either side of the "singing home Leicester fans" made for the atmosphere. Maybe we need to consider that at the Amex to drum up a better buzz!!!

Koo = Solid
Calds = was really attacking first half and putting in some excellent crosses. Pleased he is in.
Greer + Upson = in Control
Ward = Solid great signing for us, please stay
Andrews = Great game - did his job (that he does well) protected and allowed greer and upson to pull wide in full back berths, and calds and ward to be push down the wings. Andrews started play from the back
Stephens, Lualua, March + hungry, slick passing, closed down well and some excellent tackles by all
Ulloa = Could have had two more
Lingard =ran well with the ball and linked up very well with Ulloa - good to see a goal for him

Garcia - Thank you for playing an attacking line up, we saw all the strengths of the players, pace, skill, vision and Goals!!! Excellent

Please stick to the same side for Charlton, although I like Ince, and has been great, we must keep the same pattern - we looked like a promotion team!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
PIG 5 - Clearly wants out. Why no new contract Burke?
Calderon 3 - Terrible against pace
Ward 1 - No where near as good as Bridge. What was Burke thinking!?
Greer 3 - Too old and slow. Only a matter of time before he gets sent off.
Upson 2 - Past it.
Andrews 1 - If he is no good for Bolton why is he good enough for us? More Burke idiocy.
Stephens 4 - No Crofts.
Lua Lua 5 - OMG he runs at people! But no end product so crap.
March 5 - see above
Lingard 1 - Useless, send back.
Ulloa 0 - Clearly not interested.

Am I doing this right?

In terms of quality of assessment from what I have read and heard about the game - 0/10
In terms of entertainment value - 11/10
Very witty. Thanks for making me smile...... or smile even more following last night's results.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I wasn't there but what about Stephens' assists!! Great passes each time, surprised more haven't mentioned.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters - 5 Votes
Stephens 8.20
Ulloa 8.20

Lingard 8.00 (89min)
Lualua 8.00 (89min)
Ward 8.00
March 7.90 (83min)