Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Brezovan - 1 - Get this useless c*nt out of the club. Thank f*ck he's out of contract at the end of the season.
Ward - 5 - One of the only players to show a bit of fight and heart... and he's not even ours.
Upson - 3 - Too old to play 180 minutes in 3 days. Shame we have no cover really.
Dunk - 6 - Hope he plays ahead of Greer against Millwall. Looks good.
Calderon - 2 - Worryingly, he's still better than Bruno.

Andrews - 2 - Send him back to Bolton.
JFC - 2 - He's gone backwards over the last couple of years.
Ince - 6 - I pray to god his injury isn't serious.

Rodriguez - 1 - Good Game. Shit Game. Good Game. Shit Game. His career at us so far.
Ulloa - 7 - Where the f*ck would we be if he was injured? Doesn't worth thinking about it.
Lopez - 0 - Ship him out. Not good enough.

LuaLua - 3 - Worst game for a while.
March - 5 - Looked sharp.

Manager - 1 - Rock and a hard place, but not sure when we'll next get such a good chance to reach an F.A Cup final.

I can understand people being angry with our first half but to be honest you are either on a wind up or you just don't have a clue. There is no way Dunk is better then Greer, and as much as I like Calde, based on the way Bruno played against Wigan he is the better of the two.

What I have a real problem with is Tw*ts like you who have a pop at players on here, but meet them face to face you wouldn't dare, and would probably be asking for them to sign your shirt. :tosser:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its a day after our 2-1 loss to Hull in the cup, there s so much anger being vented on here its amazing. Other than Hulls two goals how many shots did Brez have to deal with, did anyone really feel that our goal was threatened. We hit he bar, had shots close on target and scored in a timely fashion. OG selected a team for the match, it seemed short on pace but then even Lua Lua doesn't appear to have that any more so his options were limited. What would have Orlandi brought to the team that he failed to do on Saturday against Wigan, Dunk looked assured, Calde was always pressing to go forward and JFC gave of his best. Other than the poor show by the keeper I can't criticise the team as they applied a lot of pressure in the second half and but for and individual error in goal and a very poor decision by the officials we may have won the tie.Would any of the above ratings been the same if we had won 1-0, its always the losing side in war that is accussed and tried on war crimes.

'If you can keep your heads whilst all about are losing theirs and blaming it on you' Rudjard Kipling.

Brezovan - 4 - Should have dealt with the first goal and been more commanding in the air, he is 6'4'?
Ward - 7 - Always wants to be involved, never gave up.
Upson - 6 - Had a quiet game, as he individually had little to do..
Dunk - 7 - No doubt on his commitment, wants to win evry ball and even nearly scored.
Calderon - 7 - Always wants to ove forward and competent against this prem opposition..
Ince - 7 - Worked hard in the middle of the park, sometimes his control let him down, but he always wanted to win it back.
Andrews -5 - I could say he looked jaded, but when was the last time he played, needs too much time, was better in the second half.
JFC - 6.5 - Was always involved, was up against a solid midfield, worked hard.
Lopez -7. 5 - Not the strongest tackler but always harried back, THE ONLY MAN IN OUR TEAM THAT CAN MAKE A TELLING PASS, unfairly ruled offside when through on goal.
Rodriguez - 4 - Nothing like the U tube video I saw of him, timid, won't take peole on, perhaps he is being played out of position?.
Ulloa - 7 - He should be scoring because all of our efforts on goal appear to be channelled through him, I am still not a supporter of one upfront(our goals scored back this up), but currently who do we have to support him.

Subs
Lua Lua - 5 - Has he been given different instructions by OG, because he seems mixed up to me, not knowing what to do when he gets the ball. Against a quality fullback he shows very little.
March - 6 - By the time Solly came on HUll had too many people behind the ball, would like to see him run at defenders more as he has the ability.
Obika - Did he touch the ball, the commentary team bigged him up enough, rather embarassing really

OG - 7- He has his reasons for the team selection, but given the vulnerability of HUll on our counter at the Amex I thought he might have started with a little more pace in the side. Injuries, schedules, dips in form, i'm sure there was a reason for the team selection.

Last word about feeling tired on the night, these guys have to do nothing other than turn up, their every requie=rement is taken care of, not like the rest of us. So they played two games in three days, they are professionals and should be capable of performing at such brief intervals, they will now have three days off. I do not accept the tired legs thesis and actually didn't see any on the night

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its a day after our 2-1 loss to Hull in the cup, there s so much anger being vented on here its amazing. Other than Hulls two goals how many shots did Brez have to deal with, did anyone really feel that our goal was threatened. We hit he bar, had shots close on target and scored in a timely fashion. OG selected a team for the match, it seemed short on pace but then even Lua Lua doesn't appear to have that any more so his options were limited. What would have Orlandi brought to the team that he failed to do on Saturday against Wigan, Dunk looked assured, Calde was always pressing to go forward and JFC gave of his best. Other than the poor show by the keeper I can't criticise the team as they applied a lot of pressure in the second half and but for and individual error in goal and a very poor decision by the officials we may have won the tie.Would any of the above ratings been the same if we had won 1-0, its always the losing side in war that is accussed and tried on war crimes.

'If you can keep your heads whilst all about are losing theirs and blaming it on you' Rudjard Kipling.

Brezovan - 4 - Should have dealt with the first goal and been more commanding in the air, he is 6'4'?
Ward - 7 - Always wants to be involved, never gave up.
Upson - 6 - Had a quiet game, as he individually had little to do..
Dunk - 7 - No doubt on his commitment, wants to win evry ball and even nearly scored.
Calderon - 7 - Always wants to ove forward and competent against this prem opposition..
Ince - 7 - Worked hard in the middle of the park, sometimes his control let him down, but he always wanted to win it back.
Andrews -5 - I could say he looked jaded, but when was the last time he played, needs too much time, was better in the second half.
JFC - 6.5 - Was always involved, was up against a solid midfield, worked hard.
Lopez -7. 5 - Not the strongest tackler but always harried back, THE ONLY MAN IN OUR TEAM THAT CAN MAKE A TELLING PASS, unfairly ruled offside when through on goal.
Rodriguez - 4 - Nothing like the U tube video I saw of him, timid, won't take peole on, perhaps he is being played out of position?.
Ulloa - 7 - He should be scoring because all of our efforts on goal appear to be channelled through him, I am still not a supporter of one upfront(our goals scored back this up), but currently who do we have to support him.

Subs
Lua Lua - 5 - Has he been given different instructions by OG, because he seems mixed up to me, not knowing what to do when he gets the ball. Against a quality fullback he shows very little.
March - 6 - By the time Solly came on HUll had too many people behind the ball, would like to see him run at defenders more as he has the ability.
Obika - Did he touch the ball, the commentary team bigged him up enough, rather embarassing really

OG - 7- He has his reasons for the team selection, but given the vulnerability of HUll on our counter at the Amex I thought he might have started with a little more pace in the side. Injuries, schedules, dips in form, i'm sure there was a reason for the team selection.

Last word about feeling tired on the night, these guys have to do nothing other than turn up, their every requie=rement is taken care of, not like the rest of us. So they played two games in three days, they are professionals and should be capable of performing at such brief intervals, they will now have three days off. I do not accept the tired legs thesis and actually didn't see any on the night

Lopez 7.5............................:rotlf:

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I can understand people being angry with our first half but to be honest you are either on a wind up or you just don't have a clue. There is no way Dunk is better then Greer, and as much as I like Calde, based on the way Bruno played against Wigan he is the better of the two.

What I have a real problem with is Tw*ts like you who have a pop at players on here, but meet them face to face you wouldn't dare, and would probably be asking for them to sign your shirt. :tosser:

Usual NSC line "Your opinion is different to mine, you must be a troll." Great work. :bowdown:

Gordon Greer has been average for a lot of this season. His constant attempts at 60 yard wonder passes are getting tiresome. I love him for what he's done for us, but it doesn't change the fact that him and Upson are both the wrong side of 30 and only have 1-2 seasons left in them realistically. Dunk has looked excellent when he's been given a chance recently. It wasn't long ago our fans on here were talking about him being a potential England player (Admittedly, they were OTT morons). Bruno and Calderon are pretty much the same IMO. Both shakey at the back and decent going forward. The difference is, Calderon has a bit more fight/determination about him and is probably very slightly better positionally.

I don't get the second part of your post. If my phone service was playing up I'd probably be angry with them, doesn't mean I'm going to go in to the nearest Vodaphone shop and start hurling abuse at the people behind the counter. I thought we played poorly yesterday so I posted my views on a thread on the subject. How is that akin to going up to a player in the street and shouting abuse at them? Your either a moron, or have special needs which mean you're lacking a filter.

P.S - I'm not 12 so if I saw a footballer in the street I'd probably go "Huh, it's a footballer. What a mildly interesting thing to happen. Well, better get on with my day." Not sure what kind of world you live in, where people hunt down John Obika for an Autograph/to call him names. xx
n

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brezovan - 4
Ward - 6
Upson - 7
Dunk - 6
Calderon - 7
Andrews - 6
JFC - 5
Ince - 7
Rodriguez - 5
Ulloa - 7
Lopez - 6

LuaLua - 5
March - 5

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Brezovan - 3
Ward - 6
Upson - 7
Dunk - 6
Calderon - 6

Andrews - 6
JFC - 3
Ince - 6

Rodriguez - 4
Ulloa - 7 MOTM
Lopez - 5

LuaLua - 4
March - 7

Pretty much spot on from my TV view. Surely Agustein would be a better option than JFC who has looked pretty lost and lightweight recently?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brezovan 2
Ward 6
Upson 6
Dunk 6
Calderon 6
Ince 6
Andrews 5
JFC 5
Lopez 6
Rodriguez 5
Ulloa 7

Subs
Lua Lua 5
March 6

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brezovan 3
Ward 6.5
Upson 6
Dunk 7
Calderon 6
Ince 6.5
Andrews 4
JFC 4
Lopez 5
Rodriguez 4
Ulloa 7

Subs
Lua Lua 3
March 6.5

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Usual NSC line "Your opinion is different to mine, you must be a troll." Great work. :bowdown:

Gordon Greer has been average for a lot of this season. His constant attempts at 60 yard wonder passes are getting tiresome. I love him for what he's done for us, but it doesn't change the fact that him and Upson are both the wrong side of 30 and only have 1-2 seasons left in them realistically. Dunk has looked excellent when he's been given a chance recently. It wasn't long ago our fans on here were talking about him being a potential England player (Admittedly, they were OTT morons). Bruno and Calderon are pretty much the same IMO. Both shakey at the back and decent going forward. The difference is, Calderon has a bit more fight/determination about him and is probably very slightly better positionally.

I don't get the second part of your post. If my phone service was playing up I'd probably be angry with them, doesn't mean I'm going to go in to the nearest Vodaphone shop and start hurling abuse at the people behind the counter. I thought we played poorly yesterday so I posted my views on a thread on the subject. How is that akin to going up to a player in the street and shouting abuse at them? Your either a moron, or have special needs which mean you're lacking a filter.

P.S - I'm not 12 so if I saw a footballer in the street I'd probably go "Huh, it's a footballer. What a mildly interesting thing to happen. Well, better get on with my day." Not sure what kind of world you live in, where people hunt down John Obika for an Autograph/to call him names. xx
n

Neither a Moron or Special Needs and I do have a filter, but sadly you slipped through it.

Dunk is a a long way from the player he was before the court case, and Greer may be the wrong side of 30 but he is still more reliable then Dunk at the moment. Upson is also the wrong side of 30 but the stats say that since he joined we have one of the best defensive records in the division. (coincidence?)

Actually its not about the difference of opinion, that is always going to happen, it is more about the way you express it. I find it really sad some of the abuse that it is levelled at players on here, and your post tipped me over the top.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Neither a Moron or Special Needs and I do have a filter, but sadly you slipped through it.

Dunk is a a long way from the player he was before the court case, and Greer may be the wrong side of 30 but he is still more reliable then Dunk at the moment. Upson is also the wrong side of 30 but the stats say that since he joined we have one of the best defensive records in the division. (coincidence?)

Actually its not about the difference of opinion, that is always going to happen, it is more about the way you express it. I find it really sad some of the abuse that it is levelled at players on here, and your post tipped me over the top.

I'm claiming Dunk looks as good as he did before the court case, but for somebody who has hardly played in 2 years he's looked impressive against Premier League opponents. We'll have to agree to disagree on Greer. I think he's been bang average this season, maybe being dropped for a couple of league games will give him a wake-up call he probably needs. Upson has been a class above Greer since he came in. Giving Dunk game-time alongside an ex-England international will improve his game tenfold. I honestly think dropping Greer for Dunk would do much more good than harm, especially in the long-term.

My posting style is OTT, I've always expressed my views in a weird ranty way, ever since I was a kid. Saying that, I stick by the ratings I gave out apart from Lopez who probably deserved a 2 - just for the free-kick that lead to our goal and maybe an extra mark for Upson too. I work on 5 being a run of the mill performance, so a 6 is a good mark. In my opinion Dunk, Ince and Ulloa were the only people who warranted a mark higher than 5; as they were the only players IMO who could come out of that game and say they played well, with March and Ward not being too far behind. I thought everybody else ranged from terrible to looking like a non-league player. Game of opinions though, innit.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I'm claiming Dunk looks as good as he did before the court case, but for somebody who has hardly played in 2 years he's looked impressive against Premier League opponents. We'll have to agree to disagree on Greer. I think he's been bang average this season, maybe being dropped for a couple of league games will give him a wake-up call he probably needs. Upson has been a class above Greer since he came in. Giving Dunk game-time alongside an ex-England international will improve his game tenfold. I honestly think dropping Greer for Dunk would do much more good than harm, especially in the long-term.

My posting style is OTT, I've always expressed my views in a weird ranty way, ever since I was a kid. Saying that, I stick by the ratings I gave out apart from Lopez who probably deserved a 2 - just for the free-kick that lead to our goal and maybe an extra mark for Upson too. I work on 5 being a run of the mill performance, so a 6 is a good mark. In my opinion Dunk, Ince and Ulloa were the only people who warranted a mark higher than 5; as they were the only players IMO who could come out of that game and say they played well, with March and Ward not being too far behind. I thought everybody else ranged from terrible to looking like a non-league player. Game of opinions though, innit.

Fair enough, as you say its a game of opinions and it would be a boring world if we all agreed. I do agree that Dunk would be better for playing along side Upson and hope that we give Upson another season because Dunk would benefit from this.

I'm a Lopez fan but he seems to be the current target for the boo boys now that Barnes has left, but in a game where we need to dig in he is never going to shine. He always looks better when Orlandi is playing.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

If not LOpez, who should have taken the free kick?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lopez 7.5............................:rotlf:

Once again the only creator in the side. Would give him a 7. SUBLIME free kick for the goal. Only he, Ince and Ulloa came out with credit.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Once again the only creator in the side. Would give him a 7. SUBLIME free kick for the goal. Only he, Ince and Ulloa came out with credit.

Agree, but you won't convince those who are convinced he should be tackling back, going on a 50 yard run outpacing the full back and then dropping a cross so perfectly for Ulloa that he doesn't have to move. Of course if he could do all of that he wouldn't be playing Championship football.

Give him the ball, have players making runs and he will shine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agree, but you won't convince those who are convinced he should be tackling back, going on a 50 yard run outpacing the full back and then dropping a cross so perfectly for Ulloa that he doesn't have to move. Of course if he could do all of that he wouldn't be playing Championship football.

Give him the ball, have players making runs and he will shine.

You have to judge each player based on A> What their attributes are and what they can and can't do for the team, and B> What the role they play in demands of them.

So many people ignore these two points, particularly when judging midfielders - i.e. Kaz is in the team to play a COMPLETELY different role to, say, Andrews. You can't judge and rate them on the same criteria whatsoever.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
If not LOpez, who should have taken the free kick?

I never said that Lopez shouldn't have taken it so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. However, if Lopez hadn't been on the pitch then from the team that played yesterday I'd have given it to Caskey.

Lopez is terribly out of form and has been for a lot of this season. We can afford to maybe have one player who won't do much but is always likely to get a goal/assist but at the moment we have both Ulloa and Lopez offering very little. I know people will disagree, but over the last 10 games Ulloa and Lopez haven't brought much to the team, especially when you compare them to last year. We can afford to have Ulloa not offering much for 89 minutes because he's scoring goals, but also having Lopez adding very little puts pressure on the rest of the team. Spanish Dave did very little the first hour yesterday, and didn't produce much after that free-kick. A sublime ball, but it shouldn't mean we overlook the performance he put in.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I never said that Lopez shouldn't have taken it so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. However, if Lopez hadn't been on the pitch then from the team that played yesterday I'd have given it to Caskey.

Lopez is terribly out of form and has been for a lot of this season. We can afford to maybe have one player who won't do much but is always likely to get a goal/assist but at the moment we have both Ulloa and Lopez offering very little. I know people will disagree, but over the last 10 games Ulloa and Lopez haven't brought much to the team, especially when you compare them to last year. We can afford to have Ulloa not offering much for 89 minutes because he's scoring goals, but also having Lopez adding very little puts pressure on the rest of the team. Spanish Dave did very little the first hour yesterday, and didn't produce much after that free-kick. A sublime ball, but it shouldn't mean we overlook the performance he put in.

I thought he put in a good performance, he's not Nobby Stiles type of player and in the same way Mata is not expected to do the donkey work this surely applies to Dave. his vision is fantastic and at times he's too quick for some of his team mates. But to denounce him because 'he doesn't get stuck in' is missing the point. On Saturday he worked tirelessly and is the inspiration to many of our moves, the crying shame is that he has only one person to pass to infront of him, as we play a one up front formation. his talents are wasted. I feel he is the best technical and visionary player in the team and removing him from the squad would be a retrograde move.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Has somebody got hold of a bulk load of rose tinted glasses - Scoring any of our players from last night at higher than 5 when none of them deserved more than a 1 for their first half performance is living in cloud cuckoo land!

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
Shes dead right. we were pushed aside with ease tonight. no spirit from the off, no passion. tackling non existent......not sure they actually wanted to win, it certaintly didn't look like it

i agree with his missus too. useless tossers, no pride. no fight, they don't care.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Brezovan - 3

Ward - 6
Upson - 6
Dunk - 6
Calderon - 6

Andrews - 5
JFC - 5
Ince - 6.5