Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Based on 6 being average:

Ankergren – 4 – Good solid first half but then started some ridiculous punches culminating in the last one.

Painter – 6 – Solid.
Calderon – 6 - Solid, some good runs.
Elphick – 7 – Looked very good but lost a little confidence in the 2nd half.
Greer – 3 – Poor debut. Stupid sending off and jumped into some tackles.

Bennett – 7 – Quiet in places but absolutely screaming goal.
Dicker – 7 – Very good, some great passes and interceptions
Smith – 6 – Pretty good and competent on the ball.
Kishishev – 7.5 – Excellent. Massive influence in the middle of the park.
Barnes – 6.5 – Disrupted the defence well. Great 1-2 with Murray in the second half.

Murray – 8 – MOM. An exceptional performance. Held the ball up well, scored a good goal, kept his cool and has reigned in his offsides and temper. I expect big things...

El-Abd – 7.5 – Some key blocks and looked a better partner for Elphick.
Battipiedi – N/A – Not enough time
Hart – N/A – Not enough time

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Ankergren 5

Calderon 6
Greer 5
Elphick 7
Painter 6

Bennett 7
Dicker 8
Kishishev 8
Smith 7

Barnes 7
Murray 8

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Kishishev getting 7.5/8?? are you sure. I agree with most those ratings but for me he was our weak link today. Well off the pace and struggled to get tackles in which you need to be doing in that position

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
He's painfully slow obviously, but in terms of intelligence and knowing where to position himself, as well as playing some fantastic passes that are just a cut above what we've been used to in midfield, I think he's great. For me, our man of the match.

Fair enough, I do agree regarding the quality of his passes. Lets hope his brain power can compensate for his tired legs

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Still a touch of laziness for me though. If he could just show a bit more fight and determination sometimes I think he'd be a real menace

I thought he was immense and showed a real hunger to score. He will score 20+ this year.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
First half he wasn't in the game. Second half he was very good, but a more clinical finisher would have scored at least twice from the chances he had today in my opinion.

Disagree about the first half, but yes he should have finished when Barnes put him through towards the end of the second half to make it 3-1. He was dangerous though and ran all over the pitch dragging defenders with him. Definitely deserved more than a 6, even if only for the goal. Great header to hit the bar, but even better to concentrate and get on the rebound to finally break Rochdale down.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I think 7 for Smith is a bit generous. He went missing from the left side of midfield far too often. The number of times their right winger was able to stroll into our half only to then get challenged by Painter was simply amazing (more in the 1st half).

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
For what its worth thought Calderon was poor today, offered nothing going forward and was beaten far too often by their left back. Dont think hes back to his best yet after his injury.

Also thought Kish was below par today. Think hes a great player and offers us a lot, and put in some timely challenges. But thought he was poor with the ball at his feet, as were a lot of them out there today. Feel we failed to click in the first half and it was no surprise that we went slightly more direct in the second half.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
was it El-Abd that cleared a ball of the line with about 5 minutes left?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here