Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
As I saw the whole thing thanks to Iraq, I'm going to give my opinion....

Kuipers - 8 - very good game and proved that he can still perform. One indecisive move for a throw was his only small error in an otherwise exceptional performance.

Whing - 6 - sorry it WAS a penalty and Whing should not have had his arms up. Also worry about that header across the face of the goal...not convinced he knew what he was doing OK but think he can play better.

El Abd - he's not a left back (if he was I'd give him 5) but worked really really hard and put in some great tackles. Occasionally got caught up field - 7

Tunni - 8 - solid. very happy with his performance
Elphick - 8 - much better. My only concern about both our CBs is the aimless hoofing. Major diff between us and the Saints was when they got out of their area the ball went to one of their players.

Bennet - 6 - poor going forward (TBF he was shackled most of the game) but did give El Abd good support when switched to the left

Cox - 7 - really for the cross for the first goal... in our purple patch he looked great but hardly showed thought the rest of the game and gave little support to the fullbacks.

Crofts - 7 - great goal and played well EXCEPT for the panicking in the middle and giving away of the ball in the second half/

Dicker - As Crofts cept he didnt score - 6.5

Murray - 9 MOM - two great goals great harrasing Sanits defence the only thint that stops a ten is his commitement could have got him another red... you could see he was trying to rein it in. He MUST stay.

Forster - 7 linked up well with Murray but had a bit of stinker in front of goal.

Hart - gave better cover to the defence than Cox but nothing else.

Navarro - quiet for the time he was on but we were tighter in front of the defence after he came on.

Dickinson - super little cameo, tackling back and getting the assist for CRofts goal

Poyet and Tarricco - 9 - seemed to get everything right however will wait a few weeks before I get too excited... teams always play better first game of a new manager.

But WELL DONE!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kupiers 9 - MOM

Whing 6 - silly penalty
El Abd 6 - crap 1st half, much better 2nd
Tunnicliffe 7 - solid
Elphick 6 - ok, not MOM , Guy !

Bennett 5 - anonymous
Cox 7 - good 1st half
Crofts 8 - solid in defence and attach, great goal
Dicker 6 - good 1st half, poor 2nd half

Forster 8 - superb 1st half and then faded
Murray 9 - outstanding all through the game, never stopped

Poyet & Tarriccio 9 - sheer class

Fans 10 - you could only ever hear the BHAFC fans

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Kuipers 8 - excellent stuff. Good saves and excellent handling.

Whing 5 - not at the races and needs games under his belt. Gus will be wanting to renew Hoyte's loan after seeing Whing today.

Elphick 8 - probably his best performance of the season - superb.

Tunnicliffe 8 - see Elphick.

El-Abd 5 - beaten time and time again. Feel for the lad though - he is nowhere near League One quality, let alone in his 4th best position. He's useless, but its hard to have a go because he's whole-hearted.

Bennett 6 - quietest game I've seen him have for us, and I felt he was wasted on the left. Should have been on the right.

Dicker 6 - stunned at how much he gave away possession, which is so unlike him. Excellent ball to Dickinson though in the build-up to the 3rd goal and kept working hard till the end.

Crofts 6 - did virtually nothing of note between about 35th minute and 85th minute but good to see him on the scoresheet, and we need much more of that from him.

Cox 7 - started very brightly and excellent ball for 1st goal but faded.

Murray 9 - different class. And for all those he say he doesn't work hard, he probably covered as much ground as anyone on the pitch today.

Forster 7 - superb link-play with Murray in the first half and surprised he didn't score. Tired in 2nd half as we have to accept now given his age.

Subs:

Dickinson 7 - did his job admirably when coming on to try and babysit poor El-Abd through the remainder of the game. Has the first touch of a baby elephant and all the grace and composure of a drunken giraffe but generally his commitment is good.

Hart 7 - looked game and worked hard.

Navarro 6 - alright.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I think Bennett was quiet but you have to consider he was helping El Abd out from early doors....did his doubling up job pretty well. Although that did stifle his forward intent.

I like Crofts and Dicker. But still a little concerned we don't boss games from that area.

EastbourneSeagull

Damn flem :O
Nov 3, 2009
Eastbourne
I think Bennett was quiet but you have to consider he was helping El Abd out from early doors....did his doubling up job pretty well. Although that did stifle his forward intent.

I like Crofts and Dicker. But still a little concerned we don't boss games from that area.

I agree but one thing I pointed out is how fast he is. I mean I must have been hidden under a rock or something not to notice him D:
He has alot of potential :cool:

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Kuipers 7
Whing 6
Tunnicliffe 7
Elphick 8
El-Abd 6
Bennett 6
Dicker 7
Crofts 6
Cox 6
Forster 7
Murray 8

Dickinson 7 Should have been on earlier
Hart 5
Navarro 5

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
for me they were all fantastic. dicker and crofts were awesome, crofts lead brilliantely, even elabd was superb got done a few times but was there when it mattered. i would give them all 9 with the exception of the fdm he was the man today 10!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
All quality, felt for Bennett but was moved to the left early doors to help El-Abd who was getting skinned by a bloke quicker than him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't believe a couple of the average marks for the two centre backs.

They were both SUPERB today.

Some soccer-illiterate above even compares them unfavourably to their Saints counterparts. :thud: Jaidi was poor, and Trotman was WOEFUL.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think El-Abd has a great game, best this season from him, playing at a left back, sure he got skinned and this is an area he obviously needs to work on, but he recovered well (Early threat forom saints, put in a SUPERB challange) and he made some good tackles, blocks and cared. 7 from me. Bennett had his worst game under us but allways looked like he could threaten, and i think dicker had a so so game too. Played well in some plays and looked not him self in others... great performance. US, did you watch the game on TV or at the ground? At the game you could only hear us. Singing an hour before K/O and through the whole match. Great day.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I'm bemused by some of the ratings. As far as i'm concerned individual ratings are pointless without a unit score. As a unit today the boys were superb, the back four were organised, the wingers helped double up with the full backs, crofts and dicker put a huge number of blocks and tackles in on the edge of the box to protect the back four, Forster and Murray split their centrebacks and ran the flanks very well. It was a joy to see us play, attack and defend as a team. When we were dropping deep in the second half Poyet changed to 451, nullifying the threat from their full backs and helping us score on the break. The performance today needs to be set as the benchmark to work on for the rest of the season.

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
I'm bemused by some of the ratings. As far as i'm concerned individual ratings are pointless without a unit score. As a unit today the boys were superb, the back four were organised, the wingers helped double up with the full backs, crofts and dicker put a huge number of blocks and tackles in on the edge of the box to protect the back four, Forster and Murray split their centrebacks and ran the flanks very well. It was a joy to see us play, attack and defend as a team. When we were dropping deep in the second half Poyet changed to 451, nullifying the threat from their full backs and helping us score on the break. The performance today needs to be set as the benchmark to work on for the rest of the season.

Excellent summary. That is pretty much how I saw the game.

Stumpy Tim

Poyet sacrificed Bennett to nullify Antonio. He gambled that Murray, Forster & Cox had enough about them to create goals without him. He was right.

Bennett deserves a high mark for playing his role for the team above personal gain

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Kuipers 8 - Dominated his area, looked very good

Whing 7 - did well considering it was his first game back
Elphick 8 - Dominated
Tunnicliffe 8 - (See Elphick)
El-abd 7 - playing out of position he did well

Bennett 7 - Shit going forward, decent back tracking
Dicker 7 - Did decent, played some sensational balls and some awful
Crofts 8 - Did extremely well and broke up play very well
Cox 8 - Thought he worked very hard and put in some decent balls from open play. (some of his corners were DREADFUL)

Forster 7 - Linked up play really well, good performance
Murray 10 - Fair play to him, looked very hungry and seemed as though he actually wanted to be on the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet sacrificed Bennett to nullify Antonio. He gambled that Murray, Forster & Cox had enough about them to create goals without him. He was right.

Bennett deserves a high mark for playing his role for the team above personal gain

Good post.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Think that's spot on. He did what he had to for the team. Gus must be pleased to see players actually listening to, and then executing, his instructions.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Kuipers 8 - A great save from the free kick and dealt with crosses well on the whole.

Whing 6 - Not surprising that he wasn't at his best, he has been out for a little while. Nice to see him put some trademark crunching tackles in.

Tunnicliffe 8 - I'm a big fan of JT. Positioning excellent, composed on the ball and a solid defender. Has to stay in the team.

Elphick 8 - Absolutely brilliant defending, restricted number of hoofs as well. I reckon this guy will improve no end under our new management team.

El-Abd 7 (6 first half, 8 second) - Didn't look overly comfortable and backed off a bit too much at times, but played brilliantly second half IMO.

Bennett 5 - A bit subdued today for me. Didn't look completely fit and some pretty dire crossing.

Dicker 8 - Some superb tackles early doors, and kept things ticking over well. Gave the ball away a couple of times, but showed what a big player he is for us.

Crofts 9 - Always assumed Dicker was the better footballer of the two but Captain Fantastic ran him close today. Should have scored before he did, but when it came, what a belter. I have held a less vitriolic version of The Complete Badger's opinion on AC since he joined : not quite sure whether he is what we are looking for. But based on today, he needs to be a permanent fixture in the team.

Cox 8 - Great cross for first goal, tidy play in general. Really pleased for Coxy, think Gus's arrival will really benefit him.

Forster 7 - Great set up for first goal, unlucky with cross-shot! Should have scored 2 in the first half.

Murray 9 - Brilliant finishing, especially for the first goal. Was absolutely immense second half, when shifting ball away from defenders and winning free kicks. Now forgiven for antics at Brentford, now come on Glenn, stay with what will soon be a successful club.

SUBS

Hart 6 - Worked his nuts off as you'd expect, tracked back well and was probably more useful than Cox in the predicament we were in. Nice to see Poyet seeing his value.

Navarro 5 - Also nice to see him being used, he isn't as bad as everyone makes out. Needed an extra body to help the defence and this is what AN provided.

Dickinson 6 - Dribbling not as good as I have seen, but set up for Crofts goal was class. Put a few great tackles in too, tried hard. The only way to get over a set back is to work hard and I hope to see Dicko in the team in the near future.

Poyet 10 - Pure class. Imaginative switching of wingers in first half worked a treat. Looked the part in his suit and his brief clap/applause at the final whistle before heading back down oozed professionalism. Eary doors, but I really think we could be going places with this man at the helm.

Fans 10 - Absolutely amazing, haven't experienced an atmosphere like that for a long time. Many thanks for the hugs from complete strangers after each of the goals!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
important thing to consider about ElAdb's getting found out was he didnt lunge in. discipline is already improved.

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
i thought dickinson did a fantastic job when he came on. for the first time he actually looked like he wanted to play for brighton. great game

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
As I can actually contribute for once please indulge MHO folks.....

Kuipers - 9, if he could have kicked straight he'd have been faultless, had no chance with a perfectly taken penalty, what a commanding performance.

Whing - 5, one of the weaker performers I thought and gave away a silly, if soft, penalty - clearly not yet match fit and will doubtless improve.

Elphick - 9, I can only go on what I see and I know he's been roundly berated of late but that was a towering performance - a lot of hoofing early on but almost nothing got past him.

Tunnicliffe - 8, very solid indeed - can't see Virgs getting in ahead of either centre back on today's showing which gives us some quality on the bench.

El-Abd - 7, woeful start as Antonio was taking the piss first 10 minutes but once he worked out not to stand off Antonio he had his number.

Cox - 7, looked good and was great in that wonder Murray goal.

Crofts - 9, he looked excellent, like his game a lot, captaincy suits him clearly - he certainly "puts in a shift" as RS was fond of telling us and should have scored 2 goals.

Dicker - 6, started very well but lost his way in the second half badly.

Bennett - 5, very poor game, I was really looking forward to seeing this kid play, no doubt it was just an off day from what I've read previously and thankfully we had enough others on fire.

Murray - 10, MOTM, deserved a hat trick and was robbed of one (assuming Forster would have let him take the clear penalty he won but wasn't given....)

Forster - 8, looked very hungry early and was linking up with GM beautifully first half, although didn't do justice to the chances he had during the purple patch.

Hart - 7, ran his namesake out as usual, as was required. No more, no less.

Navarro - can't rate him as I frankly didn't notice him after he came on apart from one shite free kick.

Dickinson - 7, looked very slow to me but did a good job as asked in an unfamiliar role and was very cool setting up Crofts sealer.

Poyet - 11, serious Albion legend potential......

Well I wonder when I'll next be able to do this again? Feeling very sleepy at work today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here