Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sullivan 5. Don't think he was at fault for either goal ... but a couple of scary moments and kicking average. He's done well and will be back, but I think it's time to rest him and bring Michel back.

Virgo 7. Thought he did much better at CB than at RB. As we've been saying all season it's his best position so effing well play him there.

Hinshelwood 3. Very poor. Was he injured? Not up to the job.

McNulty 6. OK. Was probably expecting more.

Forster 7. Probably the best of the strikers, but why the hell start him on the right again. Such a waste. And that miss!! Guess it hit a divot?

ElAbd 8. Did well in both midfield and at RB.

Jarrett 7. As with McNulty expected more. Some nice touches but seemed to go missing a lot.

Carole 8. Some moments of brilliance. Some moments of pure frustration. Same old same old!

Andrew 6 / Davies 6. Trouble telling them apart, but similar games. Promised more than they delivered.

Sub:
Fraser 7. Best I've seen him play for a long time.

Manager 3. Totally wrong formation to start. Better after Hinshelwood went off. Has he finally realised that Virgo's best position is CB?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry!

Elphick 5. Not up to last season's form. Needs an older head alongside him again. Next best option is a settled CB pairing, probably Elphich and Virgo.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Sullivan 6. Not at fault for either goal ... Brightons new No.1 so get over it.
Virgo 5. Not played well in the last couple of games but then he is played out of position buy the Joker
Hinshelwood 2. Dear me, injured?
McNulty 5. No where near as good as he was on Tuesday.
Forster 6. Ball bounced up as he was about to hit it.
Elphick 6.
ElAbd 7.
Jarrett 6.
Carole 3. Got hit in the first half, and then lost interest in the rest of the game, how was he named MOM?
Andrew 6
Davies 6.
Sub:
Fraser 6. Did OK when he came on

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sullivan 4 - needs to be rested - for his sake and for the Albion's
Virgo 2 - at full back 5 as centre back
Hinshelwood 4 - well elow par
Elphick 5 - looks nervous at times
McNulty 5 - spent too long on the ball too often
Forster 7 - tried hard, unlucky with the bobble for the clear on goal shot, why play him out of position when he would do well up front with either Davies or Andrew?
El-Abd 4 in midfield 6 at full back
Jarrett 5 - distribution was poor
Carole 6 flattered to deceive
Andrew 7
Davies 7 (are Andrew and Davies the same person? Why are both playing?)

Fraser 8 - transformed the midfield and started to make us look like a unit

butters14

Mar 22, 2008
Sullivan -5 - time for a rest. doesn't command box and drops back instead of coming out
virgo - 4 at RB, 6 at CB
hinshelwood - 4
elphick - 5 - needs help
mcnulty - 5 - first time I've seen him and I was disappointed, easily beaten a couple of times
forster -5 - out of position, and sorry, but that ball DIDN'T bobble
jarrett -6- poor first half, better in second
el abd -5 - in MF, 7 at RB. good performance
carole - 7 - erratic but still good value
andrew - 6 - couple of good runs but not much
davies -5 - disappointing

fraser - 7 - I'm not really a fan, but he's winning me round. Another good performance

adams - 5 - not good, should have changed the defence after peterborough

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
For me Andrew was poor but Davies was much better ! Andrew looked out of place on the wing (4) Davies (7)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sullivan - 5 - hardly inspired confidence
Mcnulty - 4 - rubbish on the ball, worse off it
Virgo - 5 - improved
Elphick - 5 - ok
Hinshelwood - 2 - pathetic, can't head
Carole - 3 - end product was appalling
el-abd - 5 - average
Jarrett - 1 - worryingly, total SHITE again. Anonymous 90% of the game, dreadful every time he did something.
Forster - 2 - playing him on the wing is a JOKE
Andrew - 1 - playing him on the wing is a JOKE
Davies - 2- he's fast, but his finishing was turd today

Fraser - 7 - didn't do anything wrong to be honest, our best player by far but that's not saying much.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Sullivan 3 - Didn't save anything or communicate with his defence, Kuipers must come back in.
Virgo 7 - at centre back, He MUST play CB only or not play.
Hinshelwood 0 - Soo slow, needs a rest.
Elphick 4 - Whats happend to him since last season?
McNulty 5 - Looks good, gives the ball away a far bit
Forster 7 - Should play straight down the middle, unbelievable miss-hit.
El-Abd 8 - MOM, comfortable our best player (excuding carole's first half)
Jarrett 5 - Give him time
Carole 8/5 - A game of two halfs, he only played the first.
Andrew 6 - Good out wide
Davies 6 -Looks promising

Fraser 7 - He tried hard abd put in alot of work, never going to score / create anything tho.

Adams - Good work getting Hinsh off early, Virgo should of been playing cb since the start of the season tho. We are two goals down and have 2 attacking midfielders sat on the bench?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sullivan 6 Not at fault for the goals
Virgo 6 (4 at right back 8 at CB 2nd half)
Elphick 5 Not the player he was.
Hinshlewood 4 Needsa rest.
McNulty 5 Nothing good or bad.
Forster 6 only got that score because he redeemed him self when he went up front. Rubbish first 20 mins on the right of midfield.
El Abd 6 Ok in midfield but better when he went to right back.
Jarrett 6 Poor 1st half much improved 2nd.
Carole 6 Did a lot of running with the ball but then flopped.
Andrew 7 Average 1st half but improved when moved to left midfield in the 2nd half and saw a lot of the ball.
Davies 6 A lot of running but didnt look like he would score.

Subs;

Fraser 6 Improved the side when he came on.

Management 3 Why can they not see the problems when everybopdy else in the ground can. Why do we pay Booker and White they must do a hell of a lot Monday - Friday at the training ground.

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009
Sullivan 6 Not at fault for the goals, kicking average
Virgo 6 Did well at centre back which is where he should play - poor RB
Elphick 5 Not at his best
Hinshlewood 4 Virgo a better option for me
McNulty 5 Played much better on Tuesday
Forster 6 Not a winger, better when up top off a centre forward.
El Abd 7 Usual committed performance in midfield but better at RB. Some good crosses.
Carole 6 Moments of majic followed by mistakes.
Andrew 7 Average 1st half but improved when moved to left midfield in the 2nd half and saw a lot of the ball.

Subs;

Management 3 P**s off now Micky

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Sullivan 5 - ok but needs time out, get Michel back NOW

Virgo 5 - shit at right-back, alright in the middle

Elphick 3 - eeyore, eeyore, his name is Tommy Elphick and now they're gonna score

Hinshelwood 1 - pick a man out of the crowd, he would have done better

McNulty 6 - not as good as the other night but clearly the best of a wank defence

Forster 5 - out of position so not going to criticise

El Abd 3 - talentless wank as usual

Jarrett 5 - not his best game but a class above the shit around him

Sebastian 5 - mediocre

Calvin 3 - donkey of Elphick proportions, get rid

Davies 5 - pretty good until the finish

Subs:

Fraser 3 - lots of running around with nothing produced to suggest he's better than a park player

You need to apply for a job in The Sun. They employ wankers to write sensationalistic bollocks like you do every week. They probably know as little about football as you do too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sullivan 6 Not at fault for the goals
Virgo 6 (4 at right back 8 at CB 2nd half)
Elphick 5 Not the player he was.
Hinshlewood 4 Needsa rest.
McNulty 5 Nothing good or bad.
Forster 6 only got that score because he redeemed him self when he went up front. Rubbish first 20 mins on the right of midfield.
El Abd 6 Ok in midfield but better when he went to right back.
Carole 6 Did a lot of running with the ball but then flopped.

Subs;

Management 3 Why can they not see the problems when everybopdy else in the ground can. Why do we pay Booker and White they must do a hell of a lot Monday - Friday at the training ground.

That'll pretty much do for me. Not so sure Jarrett improved in the 2nd half though, but I think he'll prove to be a good signing for us.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Sullivan 5 - ok but needs time out, get Michel back NOW

Virgo 5 - shit at right-back, alright in the middle

Elphick 3 - eeyore, eeyore, his name is Tommy Elphick and now they're gonna score

Hinshelwood 1 - pick a man out of the crowd, he would have done better

McNulty 6 - not as good as the other night but clearly the best of a wank defence

Forster 5 - out of position so not going to criticise

El Abd 3 - talentless wank as usual

Jarrett 5 - not his best game but a class above the shit around him

Sebastian 5 - mediocre

Calvin 3 - donkey of Elphick proportions, get rid

Davies 5 - pretty good until the finish

Subs:

Fraser 3 - lots of running around with nothing produced to suggest he's better than a park player

You really are clueless aren't you?! I'd love to know what on earth goes through your mind when you watch games, because it certainly seems to be nothing like what most other people see.

Sullivan - 5 - As most have said, not terrible but Kuipers back please

McNulty - 5 - Similar to last game, okay for the first half but very quiet in 2nd. Also looks rather casual with the ball at times
Elphick - 4 - How long did Anyinsah have to take his shot? I've rarely seen such poor defending, I'm fairly sure that was Elphick's fault and it summed up his performance today
Hinshelwood - 4 - Just as poor as Elphick
Virgo - 6 - Looked poor at right back but to be fair to him he did shore up the defence when moving to centre back. Micky, please take note!

Carole - 5 - Very quiet today, although still probably one of our bigger threats
El-Abd - 6 - Managed to improve the defence along with Virgo
Jarrett - 6 - Not his best game today, although I do think he's at the least a solid player.
Forster - 5 - Poor guy must wonder what he's doing playing the twlight years of his career under such a clueless manager. Not a right winger, although not much better up front today

Andrew - 6 - Won balls in the air (and was the only striker to do so today) and continued putting in a decent performance despite being massively out of position
Davies - 4 - Won nothing in the air, and can only miss so many chances before my sympathy and exasperation turns to sheer frustration. Had enough chances today and frankly should have scored at least once. Not good enough, although at least he knows where to find chances.

Subs:
Fraser - 7 - Probably our man of the match when he came on. Doubters questioned why he came on over Birchall or Livermore, I believe he proved today to anyone who bothered to watch (TCB might as well stop reading now) that he is a decent player. Worked hard but also displayed a nice range of passing, not always successful but certainly an improvement.

The lack of subs at the end of the game was just unbelievable. I cannot believe Micky thinks Andrew is a better left winger than Cox or McLeod, so why was this not changed. I expected subs on after half time, then 60 minutes, then 75 minutes when Birchall and Cox started warming up. Absolutely nothing. Unbelievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here