Player Ratings

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Can't see any ratings on here so thought I would give my views:

Sullivan 6 - not much to do really, didn't really make many saves, just that Cheltenham kept putting the ball wide.

Virgo 5/8 - 5 in the first-half when playing at right-back, 8 in the second-half when playing upfront, looked dangerous and won most of the headers although there was hardly anyone he could head the ball to

Elphick 7 - a couple of great interceptions and tackles put in which kept us in it

Hinshelwood 7 - still seems a little shaky but nothing more than expected after being out for so long. Great header at the end, and great reaction too

Whing 6 - didn't look too comfortable playing at left-back, looked a lot better in his usual right-back position

Birchall 5 - rather slow, didn't really do much down the right wing and often cut in to the middle of the pitch. Missed a great opportunity when we were 1-0 down

Fraser 5 - playing him and El-Abd in the centre of midfield together doesn't work, they're both too defensive and hold back. Missed a good opportunity from a header which he should have scored from

El-Abd 5 - can't play in the same midfield with Fraser

McLeod 3 - I was a fan of his after his first game away at Crewe, but today he was absoloute rubbish in the first-half

Forster 5 - one of his quietest games, but never gives up

Fleetwood 3 - rubbish and annoymous. Virgo up-front on Tuesday please

Livermore 7 - looked solid at left-back, we need him back to full fitness as he can be a quality player

Cox 2 - sorry Tiny but you're just too lightweight. Plus you couldn't beat the first-man from a corner if your life depened on it

Loft 6 - sent in a great corner from which we equalised

Fans 7 - quite a good number of people there considering the circumstances at the minute. Hardly any anti-Adams songs, they were sung by the Cheltenham fans

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Sullivan 7 - Improved kicking, one great save in the second, one SUBLIME save in the first but it was offside anyway

Virgo 6 - Had it not been for a fairly useful attacking game in the second half, he'd be getting a 2 from me as it seemed everytime he passes it from the back, it's long, it's diagonal and it's straight out of play

Whing 6 - Took alot of risks going forward when we were chasing the game at 2-0 and didn't seem to get caught out so a job well done. Looked clueless at left back but he shouldn't be having to play there

Elphick 7 - Another solid performance from him, looks different class at times. Distribution a bit suspect as always but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on a bobbly surface

Hinshelwood 7.5 - Just about shades the MotM award for me for putting in that extra yard to make sure it wasn't another dreadful afternoon out. Very pleased for him, here's hoping it's the start of a new beginning for him

McLeod 4 - Anonymous, slow, predictable. Rightly subbed

Birchall 6 - In him and McLeod, I'm beginning to think we may have the two slowest wingers in the league. If it wasn't for his quick feet, he'd have been totally lost our there today. Had one good chance which was saved by the keeper

Fraser 6 - Missed an absolute SITTER at 1-0, failed to put Birchall in when it was a seemingly obvious pass at the same point. Still, another reasonable, passionate performance, no one was pleased more than him and Hinsh at the end

El Abd 5 - Whenever he recieved the ball he had so much time and no options. No wonder alot of his passes are sideways or backwards. Distinct lack of movement upfront has cost us dearly today, with Glenn back in the side you'd like to think there would be a BIG improvement

Fleetwood 5 - Very quick, so much you can do with shit balls over the top. Wrongly subbed at half time in my opinion

Forster 6 - Must be wondering why he bothers. Chasing after long balls when he'd much rather have them to feet, when he actually does get them to feet and turns his man, there's no one there up with him. Good effort in all

Subs:

Livermore 3 - Not his fault. I assume the only reason he played left back was because he was the only one in the team with a left foot. Was lucky to stay on the pitch with a reckless challenge which he got booked for, and then bringing his man down when he turned him and cut inside. Adams got very lucky with this decision

Cox 6 - Lightweight or not, he came on and got an assist. Looked MUCH more of a threat than McLeod did, only problem was he was nowhere near wide enough than he should have been, and the only time he did get wide, he took the left back out of the game and Whingy's cross was converted by Forster

Loft 6 - Better than El Abd, seems to have the right ideas but no execution. If he got his foot on the ball and got a touch infront, he'd have the potential to be a very good attacking midfielder.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sullivan 6 - kicking wasn't great, didn't do a lot really
Whing - 6 - silly booking
Elphick - 7 - pretty solid
Hinsh - 7 - decent performance, cracking goal
Virgo - 6 - looked useful up front which made a pleasant change
McLard - 3 - fat useless scouse wanker
Fraser - 4 - another silly booking, can't pass forwards, anonymous
El-Abd - 3 - embarrassing
Birchall - 6- some promising touches
Fleetwood - 3 - rubbish
Forster - 6 - well taken goal, moans like a bastard though

Loft - 7 - looked useful
Cox - 7 - did well, cracking corner

There you have it. And I wasn't even at the game. Were you convinced by my report? Probably. Same old shite.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
sullivan - 6. two good saves
virgo - 6. saw rfm taylors TWO ratings and laughed - and then realised he was actually a LOT better up top than at full back - 6 at an average
whing - 5. average
elphick - 6. couple of good challenges
hinshelwood - 7. last minute goal dilutes it. solid enough
birchall - 5. cuts inside ALL the time. denotes he is a central player, and SHOULD be played there
mcleod - 4. dont remember him doing anything
fraser - 4. awful header with a good chance. gets a four for running around well
el abd - 3. shouldnt be central midfield. end of
fleetwood mac - 2. i genuinely cannot remember what he did
forster - 7. scored a goal. looked like he gave a toss. shame that that is what it takes to get man of the match these days

cox - 4. bugger all
livermore - 4. why the f*** is he in not central midfield. left back is a sick waste of his talent
loft - 6. came on, and looked like our ONLY central player who could get forward. start him. now

Last edited:

Brightonbabe7

Oct 4, 2008
cox 2?! his corners were quite good and i dunna where you get this he cant get it past the first man as he always seemed to manage it when i was looking. he also got an assist so tbh i didnt think he did too bad.
fraser got MOTM for me he always seemed to be tring his best yesterday hes not done too bad the last few weeks.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
cox 2?! his corners were quite good and i dunna where you get this he cant get it past the first man as he always seemed to manage it when i was looking. he also got an assist so tbh i didnt think he did too bad.
fraser got MOTM for me he always seemed to be tring his best yesterday hes not done too bad the last few weeks.

Cox took 3 corners if I remember correctly, none of them beat the first Cheltenham player. Que shouts at Coxy about how he cannot hit a corner for shit.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Sullivan 6 - couple of important save's at 2 nil
Whing - 6 - did ok
Elphick - 6 - cant remember him any notable mistakes
Hinsh - 7 - played well, top header
Virgo - 6 - suprisingly more effective up front
McLeod - 3 - dreadful
Fraser - 6 - industrious, and getting much better on the ball
El-Abd - 5 - Did his job breaking up play but ineffective in the middle with Fraser
Birchall - 2 - * Controversial opinion alert * Am I alone in thinking he's rubbish? Had one shot from 6 yards blasted straight at the keeper, but other than that contributed nothing, Possibly not match fit but the worst player in an Albion shirt yesterday IMO.
Fleetwood - 4 - Get him off the wage bill and play Jake or Jonny Dixon, they may not be any better but they cant be on the money this waste of space is
Forster - 6 - played well, good header worked tirelessly

Loft - 7 - Gave us a bit of a spark when he came on
Cox - 6 - solid without being spectacular
Livermore - 6 - Composed on the ball used it well

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Are you serious?? He took three. two were cleared at the near post with ease. and the on he managed to lift we got a goal from.

not good enough from a professional i'm afraid. But he did run his nuts off so fair play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports