Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Wolves (H)

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Ryan - 8

Webster - 5.5 (endured a torrid time, with Alzate)
Dunk - 7.5 (held our defence together, sweeper, stopper, you name it).
Burn - 6.5 (unsurprisingly Traore was superior, but he worked hard and hacked down for the team).

Alzate - 6.5 (won’t want to play Jota any time soon)
Stephens - 7
Propper - 5.5
Mooy - 8.5
Gross - 4 (awful first half)
Trossard - 4

Maupay - 8.5

Pretty much how I saw things

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ryan - 8 - Couple of great saves

Alzate - 7 - 5 for the first half where Jota gave him the runaround, 8 for the second half where he was much, much better.
Impressive mentality to bounce back from that bad half.
Dunk - 8 - Classic Dunk. Brilliant game.
Webster - 4 - Not his day.
Burn - 6 - As much as I love Big Dan Burn we need Bernardo back ASAP. Marked up for some clever defending against Docherty in the first half.

Stephens - 8 - MOTM. Great performance, will be a massive blow not having him against the scum next week
Propper - 6 - Good goal, terrible mistake.
Mooy - 8 - Give Huddersfield whatever they want
Groß - 4 - Think we need a Groß replacement in January. Just doesn’t seem to quite fit Potterball.
Trossard - 7 - Magician. Faded in the second half, but the amount of goals he helps create is ridiculous.

Maupay - 8 - Worked his bollocks off, scored a brilliant goal and unlucky not to get a second.

Ali J - 5 - Couple of flashes. Probably needs a run of games, but I’m not sure that’s a luxury we can afford.
Murray - 4 - Thanks for everything Glenn but I think your time is up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan - 8 - Couple of great saves

Alzate - 7 - 5 for the first half where Jota gave him the runaround, 8 for the second half where he was much, much better.
Impressive mentality to bounce back from that bad half.
Dunk - 8 - Classic Dunk. Brilliant game.
Webster - 4 - Not his day.
Burn - 6 - As much as I love Big Dan Burn we need Bernardo back ASAP. Marked up for some clever defending against Docherty in the first half.

Stephens - 8 - MOTM. Great performance, will be a massive blow not having him against the scum next week
Propper - 6 - Good goal, terrible mistake.
Mooy - 8 - Give Huddersfield whatever they want
Groß - 4 - Think we need a Groß replacement in January. Just doesn’t seem to quite fit Potterball.
Trossard - 7 - Magician. Faded in the second half, but the amount of goals he helps create is ridiculous.

Maupay - 8 - Worked his bollocks off, scored a brilliant goal and unlucky not to get a second.

Ali J - 5 - Couple of flashes. Probably needs a run of games, but I’m not sure that’s a luxury we can afford.
Murray - 4 - Thanks for everything Glenn but I think your time is up.

Great summary

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
By the end of the game disappointed not to win. Wolves are a good team but once we got ahead we should have killed the game off. To me we need to restrict the playing out from the back and given the pace up front pass the ball forward quickly. Liverpool have shown that getting a 60 yard pass is no longer lumping it forward.

Anyway scores

Ryan - 7.5 some good saves but at one point nearly kicked it in his own goal.

Alzate - 7 - Looked a bit tired today but will play against Palace

Burn - 7 - thought he did very well, looks and is clumsy but at same time that allows him to carry out unorthodox tackles.

Dunk - 7.5 - usual good display not sure whether he could have done more for their first goal

Webster - 6 - think he needs to play in a back 3 to be be at his best

Stephens - 7 - excellent pass for Maupay, took one for the team because others were not decisive enough. Will be missed against Palace.

Propper - 6. - got lucky with the goal (have not seen replay yet) and played such a stupid ball which cost us 2 points. I accept he can be great but he can also be very lax.

Mooy - 8.5 MOTM - Really need to get him signed up in January.

Gross - 5.5 - too slow, doesn't tackle and his crossing has dropped off. He also has stopped shooting which was one of his strengths in season 1

Trossard - 6.5 - not effective enough (or my expectations are too high) clearly a talent but needs to be more involved and to be fair to him perhaps his team mates need to pass to him more often to get him in the game.

Maupay - 8 - looking very good, excellent finish and such hard work.

Ali J -5 - Maybe because he played most of the time on far side of the pitch to me but i thought he did little and what he did do was usually poor

Murray - 6 - needs to have got in the box more often but won headers, helped inject some forward play (Dunk started hitting forward balls once he came on) and won some free kicks..

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan 7 crucial saves in first half and not at fault for goals. Wolves were fierce in the press and sometimes you need to vary the distribution which we did more in the second half.
Dan Burn 7 must be knackered, he really has worked hard on the last 3 games against some top players
Dunk 6.5 possibly too many long raking passes that gifted possession to wolves, a tad lucky to not give away a penalty for a double handball? not sure
Webster 6 defensively he has looked susceptible in the last few games, one very worrying error nearly replicated the Proper’s
Alzate 7 can’t praise him enough, his coolness under pressure is highly impressive
Stephens 6 really had his work cut out but is a much more positive influence on the team under Potter
Proper 6 should have been celebrating his first goal for ages instead regretting that feeble, thoughtless pass. Classy player but I would love to see him running games the way Mooy has started too.
Mooy 8 another excellent games, really important player
Gross 6 I am loathe to criticize him as I know it is quite fashionable and when he plays well we play well but for he was slow today and nothing really came off
Trossard 7 always has it in his locker to do something special, set up Propers goal beautifully
Maupay 8 MOM that goal was superb, he never ever stops running and gives the opposition no respite
Murray 6 no influence on the game
Jahanbakhsh 6 lovely hair but didn’t really make an impression although he tried really hard

Potter 7 A great week all in all with returns against a very good Wolves team and a win against Arsenal who had not lost at home since April. Defense needs tightening and I think we need another striker in the window and a FB

Opposition very impressive and I feared that if they had got a second we would have been on for a thrashing but we came back into the game with 2 quick fire goals

Crowd 10 superb racket

Ref 6 think he did us a couple of favors tbh and if I were a Wolves fan I would be slightly aggrieved .

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ryan - 7 - Solid display
Alzate - 6 - Poor first half. Caught out of position but grew into the game
Burn - 7 - Done well against a very tricky opponent
Dunk - 8 - Captain fantastic
Webster - 5 - To much messing about and giving ball away. Not worth 20 million as of yet
Stephens - 7 Does what Dale does best.
Propper - 6 - Scored but gave away a sloppy pass for there goal.
Mooy - 8 - busy again, makes things happen
Gross - 5 - Didn't notice him apart from a couple of nice set pieces
Trossard - 5 Lovely asist but did very little else
Maupay - 8 - MOTM Well taken goal and worked hard. Winning me over.

Ali J - 5 - No impact
Murray - 5 - As above

Potter 7

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ryan - 6 Had very little to do, didn't cover himself in glory for the first goal.
Alzate - 7 A bright, spunky performance
Burn - 8 Kept Traore quiet until the final quarter.
Dunk - 7 Another Dunk performance, no fault fro either goal.
Webster - 6 - Shaky, needs to improve.
Stephens - 8 - Great drive and energy as we dominated the Wolverhampton midfield
Propper - 6 Scored but an absolute howler gifted them a goal when it looked like we were going to absolutely hammer them with all the momentum we had at that point
Mooy 9 Absolute class act, just watch his performance again, never gave the ball away, at the heart of everything good we did.
Gross - 6 Not at his best, should have been better against a tepid Wolverhampton team
Trossard - 7 Flitted in and out, when it came off Wolverhampton couldn't live with him but too inconsistent
Maupay - 9 Absolutely bullied the Wolverhampton defence, could and perhaps should have added to his fine goal

Ali J - 5 - one good moment. So want it to work but...
Murray - 5 - bought some fouls but he’s been left behind by the Potter revolution

Potter - 7 - changed it after the goal and bang, we score twice. Substitutions didn’t work

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'd describe our performance as error-strewn. Far too many errors and misplaced passes from far too many of the players. That's where we need to improve.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd describe our performance as error-strewn. Far too many errors and misplaced passes from far too many of the players. That's where we need to improve.

You are giving Wolves no credit for their game plan and the way they ran into spaces that we were trying to pass between? We were forced into errors imo. We had better get used to other manager’s working us out and countering it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 8

Alzate 7
Dunk 8
Webster 6
Burn 6

Stephens 8
Propper 6
Mooy 8
Gross 6

Trossard 7
Maupay 9 Motm

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I know it caused a goal but it's odd Propped is marked down for his mistake but Webster,Stephens, and Alzate all made as bad a mistake

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Stephens colossal, Maupay, Dunk & Mooy excellent. Still overplaying a bit. Wolves were more direct (happy to play the long ball) and we scored from a great long pass/stunning finish. Good point against a very good PL side.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ryan 7 - Kept us in the game. Potter's system would fall at the first without him
Alzate 6 - Good but looked like a winger at right back at times
Webster 6 - Not one of his better games. Fimly established as the new scapegoat
Dunk 7 - Great on the ball and a real leader
Burn 6 - Starting to look more and more like a CB at LB and really struggled to deal with Traore
Stephens 8.5 - Superb. Will be a big miss against Palace
Propper 6 - 7 for the goal, 5 for the suicidal ball for their 2nd - Otherwise, always tries to progress with the ball
Mooy - 8 - Very composed and great on the ball. Feel he got the MoM for the Arsenal match, rather than this one
Trossard 6 - Great start, anonymous after the break
Gross 6 - Tidy but most of what he tried didn't come off
Maupay 8.5 MoM - Ran his legs off, led the line well, corking finish for the goal. Really lie his attitude and application.

Overall, happy with a point against a very good Wolves side. On to Palace!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Up to Post 34... the table looks like:

1. Maupay 8.28 MoTM
2. Mooy 7.97
3. Ryan 7.53
4. Dunk 7.22
5. Stephens 7.17
6. Alzate 6.78
7. Burn 6.47
8. Trossard 6.28
9. Propper 6.00
10. Webster 5.42
11. Gross 5.14

Subs:

1. Murray 5.46
2. Ali J 5.27

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
6 = average

Ryan - 7 back to his pre-Asian cup form.
Alzate - 6.5 He is no better than Montoya AT RIGHT BACK.
Webster - 6 Shaky game but only his 10th in the top flight.
Dunk 7.5 - We would have lost without him but that is his job!
Burn 6.5 - Traore is a freak, he’s built like a rugby league player, I thought Burn did well defensively, in their half he was very ineffective though. If we continue with a back 4 then I want to see Bernardo back.

Stephens 6 - Marked up 1 for the ball to Maupay, which made up for his otherwise sloppy play with the ball. At his negative worst at times, constantly facing his own goal, needs to watch some videos of Mooy.
Propper 6 - Again marked up 1 for the goal, otherwise so sloppy and at times wasteful in possession, as for that pass....
Mooy 8 - Best midfielder on the park for either team. We need to get this signing done quickly in Jan or risk another club coming in for him IMO.

Gross 4 - Anonymous. VERY lucky to be starting at the moment. He would be the one who makes way once Connolly is back.
Trossard 6 - A 7 in the first half then faded, still question marks over his fitness. He is so bright though.
Maupay 8.5 MOTM - Getting better and better. Great goal, works his socks off and picked up from the Arsenal performance.

Ali J 6 - Did ‘OK’ nothing more or less really. £17m though? FML :(
Murray 5 - Gone, sadly. Vital we strengthen the striker options in January.

Potter 6 - Left a sub unused. Should have taken Gross off sooner IMO. His options were a little limited though. We missed Connolly’s energy and pace big time IMO.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I wasn't at the game and watched on the telly-box, but here's how I saw it...

Ryan - 8 - Played well, nothing he could do with the goals and made a few good saves.

Alzate - 6 - Very assured and composed on the ball. First half in particular I think positionally he made some errors but to be expected when playing out of his natural position. Would prefer to see him in midfield where he can really effect the game.
Dunk - 8 - Great performance once again. He really is a fantastic footballer.
Webster - 4 - I thought he was one of our main weak links. He almost looks lackadaisical at times, put us in danger with misplaced passes on numerous occassions and had shaky moments positionally/with aerial balls. I can see why Potter likes him, as he is confident on the ball, but I wouldn't be averse to seeing Duffy make a return.
Burn - 6 - Actually thought he didn't do too badly against probably one of the most threatening right-sided team in the premier league.

Stephens - 7 - Thought he played well, a calming influence and kept things ticking over.
Propper - 6 - Not his best game but still offers a great deal. Bad mistake for their goal, but good to see him get on the scoresheet.
Mooy - 7 - Marking him down a point because of what I thought was a real shaky start, but he grew into the game. He rarely gives the ball away and provides a bit of guile going forward. Love it when he drops into the pocket of space between the midfield and defence and turns towards goal, gives us a real outlet.
Groß - 4 - I was frustrated by him yesterday. It didn't really come off for him and not much of our good stuff came through him. He was heavy in the touch and on numerous occassions overhit fairly simple passes. Good set-piece delivery mind.
Trossard - 6 - Played OK, great bit of trickery for the 2nd goal. Always looks a threat with the ball at his feet, a couple of times yesterday it didn't quite come off for him.

Maupay - 9 - Clear MOTM for me, he hounded the Wolves defence, scored a great goal and looked a constant threat throughout.

Ali J - 4 - Difficult for him to make an impact I guess from the bench against a good side, but he seemed to give the ball away almost every time he got it?
Murray - 6 - Don't think he did too badly, his introduction changed the game slightly, we looked more threatening with him on the pitch than we did with Gross.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Groß - 4 - I was frustrated by him yesterday. It didn't really come off for him and not much of our good stuff came through him. He was heavy in the touch and on numerous occassions overhit fairly simple passes. Good set-piece delivery mind.

Name one yesterday? This statement is a bit of a myth IMO, especially this season. Over hit everything including dropping a corner straight into their keepers hands (all our players went near post so that must have been his signal). At the moment all momentum stops when he gets the ball, needs dropping.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Potter 6 - Left a sub unused. Should have taken Gross off sooner IMO. His options were a little limited though. We missed Connolly’s energy and pace big time IMO.

In the first half particularly, the Wolves back line were so high that there were acres of space behind. We exploited it once but I expected Potter to be getting out instructions to play the ball over the top for Maupay/Trossard but we kept trying to play our way through.

Dunk tried it a bit in the 2nd half but they were long range speculative efforts whereas there were 4 or 5 really good opportunities in the first half that went begging. Maybe we would have tried it more if Connolly was on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here