LuaLua - 7
Crofts - 6
Orlandi 6
CMS - 6

Subs:
Barnes - 6
Dobbie - 5.5
Hoskins - 6
Surely 5 would mean average, in which case you are saying all of our players where better than average. Not sure if you realise that we lost 3 - 1 and where totally outclassed for the last 70 minutes of the game.

Yes Bridcutt was our best player but only for 30 minutes in the first half.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Based on 5 as the satisfactory mark.

Kuszczak 5 Could and should have done better with 2 of the goals.
Bruno 4 A shadow of the player that he was
Greer 4 Not commanding enough
El Abd 3 Poor game and his worst for ages but everybody is allowed 1 bad game so long as it doesnyt become a habit.
Bridge 6 Best defender
Lopez 5 Seemed to be not sure of his job but very good penalty
Bridcutt 8 MOM only player to come out f this game with credit
Croft 3 Worst player on the field and was on there for 73 mins too long, subbed in 74th.
Lua Luia 5 Started well but is too predictable as to what he is going to do.
Orlandi 6 Started well but faded away later on.
CMS 4 Not sure where his next goal will come from

Subs:

Barnes 5 Didnt do a lot when he came on
Dobbie 5 Lacks match fitness
Hoskins 6 Looked most likely to score for us

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Gk kusczak 6
RB Bruno 4 - too careless in position is he turning into Reyes the 2nd?
Lb bridge 6 one of the few players to emerge with a modicum of credit.
Cb el-bd 3 poorest game since west ham away.
Cb Greer 6 decent
Cm bridcutt 8 class
Cm crofts 6 nowhere near as bad as some are making out.
Cm Orlandi 6 looked on song first twenty minutes but faded.
Rm Lopez 5 great pen but disappointing performance after being MOTM against millwall.
Lm lua lua 5 ran down cul de sacs poor decision making. Winning the penalty was his main contribution.
Str CMS 3 dog shit.

Subs
Barnes 6 looked lively
Hoskins 6 needs to start done more in fifteen minutes then CMS in 90
Dobbie 4 needs games he could still be decent but looks a yard of the pace.

The only person that seems to have watched the same game as me, particularly on LuaLua. He had so many opportunities to put a ball in with his first touch, but no, he has to collect the ball, then try to beat every defender at least twice before going nowhere !
He needs to spend time in training putting first time balls across with his LEFT foot!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 6.5 - not a lot to do with the goals, decent distribution
Bruno 6 - Not a great display by his standards.
Greer 5 - was in a great position to score with his head, but seemed to be too afraid to try
El Abd 5 - was out paced for second, but couldn't dive in because he was already on a yellow
Bridge 6.5 - seemed to have some good intent in the first half and start of the second, but seed to tire towards the end, or just give.
Orlandi 6 - m'eh, neither offensively bad, nor up to the standards he was achieving prior to his injury, but that is expected for the first match back
Bridcutt 7.5 - Gus was angry with him for backing off* when they got their second, but Bridcutt was one of the rare albion players actually trying to win
Crofts 6 -
David Lopez 5.5 - first half he had trouble staying on his feet.
Lualua 7 - best performance from a start for him in a while. Seemed to try, which is more than can be said for most of the team
CMS 4.5 - Spent too much time trying to win a free kick and not enough time trying to win the ball. His first touch is bad, and lost the ball that led to their third. Was chasing a ball that was rolling out which he could have tried to cross with his left foot, instead he tried to race it off the field and back heel it off the defender, but that led to it rolling out of play before he got in front of it.

Barnes 7 - quiet when he first came on, but when Dobbie and Hoskins joined, he seemed to come alive and played several great balls that were promising, but the receiving player either hesitated or was swamped quickly, or tried to over complicate it
Hoskins 7.5 - Good attempt, made some encouraging runs, looked like potentially the player we thought we signed
Dobbie 6.5 - Was all right, but a little hesitant, seems to want more time than he has

The first half we seemed to play well enough, except in the final third. For all our possession, we were no threat to them, and despite us having so much of the ball, they were definitely the bigger threat, and in the second half we just seemed to wilt away especially when the second goal went in, like a balloon popping the air just went out of everyone, players, fans. That second goal was a killer.

*One of the biggest issue for me is the way our defence backed off. They were doing that a lot last season, and it cost us goals and points, and we've done it a few times this season. Gus was gesticulating at Bridcutt to pressure them, and I don't like to criticise our players or gus, but if players backing off is something gus doesn't like, he should have dealt with it in training at some point over the last two seasons, because that's how long it's been a problem. And like with millwall, and palace at home last season, and loads of other games when you back off and give them space and time they will score.

It's a worry if that is meant to be our strongest team (minus buckley), because there was no desire, no fight. I lost count of the number of times we had the ball down the wings and there was no option in the box. No one breaking a gut to get into a scoring position. No options. I know the ground got a little antsy when Bridge and Lualua played it back and forth between them, or when it was played back to defenders, but when no one is in or around the box trying to make space or showing any desire, what else do you want from them? To gift the ball to watford so they can run right through us?

Can't argue with any of that.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
kuszczak 6- One decent save in the first half. Should have done better for the first goal.
Bruno 3- Crap. Misplaced a dozen passes, one of which lead to a goal. Caught out of position on many occasions. Too slow tracking back.
Greer 4- Looks past it. A below average defender at this level.
El-Abd 0- Utterly abysmal. At fault for all goals. Turns about as fast as an oil tanker and made to look a mug by the watford forwards. That free header towards the end that he skewed into the west stand actually made me laugh at how bad it was. Has had a poor season compared to last year.
Bridge 6- Did ok. Seemed to lose interest when the 3rd goal went in, body language not acceptable.
Lopez 5- At least we have someone that can actually score from 12 yards. Although that was the only contribution he made all night. No skill or pace. No point in him even bothering to take corners and set pieces due to the fact that we must be the shortest team in the championship.
Bridcutt 8- Brilliant. I hope he stays, although I don't blame him if he doesn't.
Grofts 4- poor game. Pretty anonymous.
Orlandi 5- Should have done better with that chance in the first half. Didn't look match fit.
Lualua 7- Can't fault him for effort. Looked by far our most dangerous player. Nobody to aim for in the box.
CMS 6- No service what so ever. Goes looking for the ball as nobody is capable of passing it to him accurately, therefore ending up out of the box where we need him. Needs a big man to play alongside.

Poyet 1- Poor tactics and no idea how to get back into the game. As mentioned elsewhere, only Buckley and Bridcutt out of all the players he has signed have truly been a success. The man is incapable of taking any criticism. I'm surprised he didn't mention the boos tonight in his interview, as he usually gets on his high horse about that. The match cost me £60 in ticket and travel, so I'll bloody well boo if I like. Better bloody pull his finger out, and this next month is make or break time.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kuszczak - 7. Couldn't really do much about their goals, made some decent saves too.

Bruno - 5. Lethargic throughout and anonymous in the second half. Some nice stuff on the wings in the first half though. Took him ages to get back in position though.
Greer - 4. Not great.
El-Abd - 3. Poor.
Bridge - 6. One of the highlights in a poor team today.

Bridcutt - 8. MOM It actually saddens me how much of a class above the rest of the team he was today.
Crofts - 4.5. Poor, caught in posession often and ignored several decent shooting opportunites in favour of passing away from goal.
Orlandi - 5.5. Not too bad considering he's just come back from injury. Hopefully he'll get back to his previous form quickly.
Lopez - 7. One of our better players. I'm glad we've found someone who seems to be able to take a decent penalty. *touch wood*
Lualua - 5.5. Got marked out of the game today, couldn't really be as effective as he was against Millwall or Charlton. He's better as an impact sub rather than a starter.

Mackail-Smith - 4. Dire to be honest. I'm all for him playing upfront, but PLEASE GUS, let it be alongside someone else. He just doesn't work as a lone striker.

----------

Dobbie - 7. Injected some nice movement, hope to see him involved a bit more against Ipswich.
Hoskins - 7. As above.
Barnes - 7. Looked to try and spark something, but the rest of the team wouldn't have it.

Their second goal destroyed us today. It's frustrating how just as we get back into the game, there's an unlucky deflection into our net and there's nothing we could do about it.
Poor performance today, but Watford were very good - they were somehow lucky and clinical at once. Could've been more goals for them to be honest.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Kuszscak 6

Bruno 5
Greer 3
El-Abd 3
Bridge 5

Bridcutt 8
Crofts 3
Orlandi 5

Lopez 3
CMS 5
Lua Lua 7

Subs:

Dobbie 4
Barnes 5
Hoskins 7

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszczak - 6
Bruno - 5
El-Abd - 4
Greer - 4
Bridge - 5
Bridcutt - 7
Lopez - 4
LuaLua - 6
Crofts - 4
Orlandi - 5
Mackail-Smith - 4

Subs:
Barnes - 4
Dobbie - N/A
Hoskins - N/A

Poyet 3

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Embarrassing display except for the first 20 mins. Gus takes most of the blame. Why oh why can we not start a came with two strikers? No urgency about our play. Constant passing across the field by ElAbd and Greer does my head in.

Kuszczak 7. One great save. Could have possibly have done better with one of the goals. Distribution better.
Bruno 3. Awful distribution. No desire to get back quickly when attacks broke down. What happened to the Bruno we signed. Calderon is much better based on this performance.
ElAbd 4. Very poor game. Lack of pace exposed.
Greer 5. Not good enough.
Bridge 7. Did OK although notat his best.
Bridcutt 8. MOM. Without him we would have been really trounced.
Lopez 6. Nice penalty, but largely anonymous. Played better at full back.
Orlandi 7. Also pretty anonymous.
Crofts 5. Poor. Where is the Crofts who played for us before?
Lua Lua 6. Apart for a brief spell early on he was poor. Confirmed that he is better as an impact player off the bench.
CMS 4. Very poor.

Subs:
Barnes 6. Showed a bit more desire than some.
Hoskins 7. Looked OK. Gus, please give the guy a run of games to see what he can do.
Dobbie 5. A couple of nice touches, but did not really impress.

Gus 2. Crap starting line-up. Poor excuses. Manages a team that shows no desire to win and is happy with a pedestrian style of play.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Bruno looks worse every game. His defensive positioning looks even more shocking now I have seen the game on tv as well as live

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Kuszczak 6

Bruno 3
El Abd 2
Greer 4
Bridge 5

Bridcutt 7
Lualua 5
Lopez 5
Orlandi 6
Crofts 3

Cms 3

Bridcutt is too good for this team. About time we stopped holding his career back and let him go.

El Abd was an utter joke last night, Bruno is getting progressively worse, crofts is a shadow of the player he used to be and Cms is completely isolated up top, though he doesn't help himself. Woeful, woeful, woeful. Outclassed by a far better team last night, we have been shown up for the average team that we really are.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average match ratings:

Bridcutt 7.72
Kuszczak 6.13
Lualua 6.13
Bridge 5.89
Orlandi 5.71 (61mins)
David Lopez 5.08 (77mins)
Bruno 4.86